Status: I am working on it, but once you comment. Help make this one bigger than the prequel!!!!!

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 7

~~
Three Hours Later
~~

Monica leaned herself more into me as we watch Jimmy make a complete fool of himself. I looked at my watch and noticed it was 5.

“We should go relieve your sister of her duty of twins.” I said and she sat up.

“I was just thinking that.” She said standing.

“I’m heading out.” I said and they all waved. We got in my SUV and I drove over to her apartment and she got out and walked up to the door.

“Ready for disaster?” She asked. I chuckled and she opened the door to reveal a room that was a mess, a sleeping Maine, and the twins were sleeping.

“Hmm.” I said picking up a diaper.

“Let’s clean up and then wake her up.” I said. I nodded and we went around and cleaned the room. Afterwards Monica went to Maine and shook her violently and Maine woke up with a yelp as she fell off the couch.

“Have fun?” I asked.

“Your kids are complete devils.” She said standing.

“They are two months. How is that possible?” I asked.

“When one was all good and satisfied the other would cry. They totally plotted by some twin telepathic connection or some shit.” She said.

“Maine, no swearing.” Monica said from down the hall. “And what is this thing doing in my house?” She walked out with a guy, hair longish, a hat on, basketball shorts and a wife-beater.

“Oh yeah, um Scott came over.” Maine said rubbing her neck.

“Out.” Monica said to this Scott person.

“Bye babe, see ya tomorrow.” He said kissing Maine on the way out.

“Maine Marie Lauren, how many god damn times do I have to tell you, he is not allowed in my house? I don’t want you knocked up.” She said.

“Monica he was just sleeping.” Maine said.

“Not the point. He is not allowed in my house end of the fucking story.” She said.

“God you really want me to be unhappy don’t you?” Maine asked throwing her hands in the air. I looked at Monica.

“At least you won’t be doing fucking drugs or becoming an fucking alocoholic. Maine if you continue down this damn road you’ll end up like mom, in jail for 25 years for possession of drugs in front of a minor, or worse have nine kids at forty fucking one.” Monica screamed in her sisters face.

“Monica, what about you? You were a whore in Minnesota.” Maine said.

“I wasn’t when I was 15.” She said.

“Whatever.” Maine said sitting down on the couch.

“No not whatever. Go to your room, you are grounded for two months. No TV or cell phone. And I will bring you to school, pick you up and make sure you are at this damn house every night.” Monica said walking out. Maine screeched and stomped to her room. I looked at the twins and they were sleeping.

“How in the hell?” I asked myself and went to the room Monica walked into. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, tears falling freely from her eyes.

“Monica?” I asked standing at the door.

“God, I forgot you were here.” She said wiping her tears.

“Its ok.” I said walking over to her. I sat next to her and she leaned on me.

“I hate yelling at her. I don’t want her to hate me.” She said.

“She won’t. She just needs to learn the rules. Hey, I think that the two months she’s grounded, she should spend with Val and Michelle. Learn some damn manners.” I said.

“Are they mean, strict, what?” She asked.

“All of the above. They are girly girls, who love to shop and Val is feisty. One week with them and she’ll be someone new.” I said.

“I’ll think about it. Maine!” She yelled walking out. Maine walked over to her.

“What?” She asked, venom in her tone.

“Get your shoes and bag.” She said. Maine left for a second and came back with shoes on.

“We have to get my car and Zacky is going to look for a house. We’re going to help.” She said.

“But, Monica please no.” Maine said.

“Oh you don’t want to hang with Zacky V?” Monica asked. Maine gave her a dirty look. We all shuffled out and into my car.

~~ ~
Thanksgiving
~~ ~

I rubbed my face as I sat up. Today I am going to my parents house for Thanksgiving. And Monica is coming, with Maine. I get up and grab some clothes and go to the shower. I get out and Val is standing in the hall on the phone. I walk downstairs and put my stuff away and went to Seeger and Sierra’s room. They were sleeping soundly. I smiled and picked up Seeger and put him on my bed and grabbed Sierra and put her on my bed. I went to my bags and got outfits for them and dressed em’. I picked them up, and the diaper bag, and walked upstairs. I set them in the playpen up there and went to the kitchen.

“Hey Val.” I said.

“You’re going to your parents right?” She asked turning to me.

“Yeah, for a little while, then Monica wants to visit her grandma.” I said grabbing a cookie that Val just put down.

“Zacky those are for Matt’s family.” She whined.

“They won’t miss one cookie out of like, what, two hundred. Jeez girl it’s just three extra people want to give them sugar rushes?” I asked.

“Shut it Baker.” She said. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Matt walked in.

“Hey, my family will be a little late.” He said grabbed some coffee.

“How late?” Val asked.

“About an hour. My dad’s mom stayed an extra night and her flight doesn’t leave until two.” He said.

“At least they’re still coming, unlike last year.” She said.

“Hey that was my sister’s fault for getting pregnant. And then having her baby on Thanksgiving.” He said.

“I know. Oh Zacky Monica called and said that she will be early.” She said and the doorbell went off. I smiled and walked over to the door and saw Monica and Maine.

“Hello M and M.” I said.

“Shut it Zacky.” Maine said.

“Maine, be nice.” Monica said and they came in. Maine went and sat down on the couch by the twins.

“Does she have an attitude problem today?” I asked and Monica looked at me.

“Yeah, since I caught her and Scott in the middle of something last night and kicked him out and called her dad and she got a lector from her father.” She said.

“Maybe over Christmas break you can send her to her dad’s house, see if it does anything.” I said.

“Wow, I never thought about that.” She said and hugged me. We walked into the living room and saw Maine on her phone.

“Maine I said no phone.” Monica said holding her hand out. Maine groaned and handed her, her phone. Val walked in.

“Why is someone being all angry?” She asked, a whisk in hand.

“Maine is grounded and angry at her sister.” I said.

“Maine do you want me to yell at you?” Val asked walking over to Maine.

“No, got enough of that from my dad.” She said.

“Well than shut the fuck up and enjoy this holiday, you get to meet Zacky sister, she’s awesome.” Val said and left the room.

“I get to meet your sister?” She asked.

“No shit, we’re only going to go up to my parents house for a while, but no, you won’t see my sister.” I said, sarcasm heavy in my voice.

“Well then.” She said. I looked at the clock and stood.

“We should head out.” I said and Monica grabbed Seeger and I grabbed Sierra and Maine followed us. We got in the car and I started it up.

“Hey Zacky?” Monica asked. I looked at her.

“Hmm?” I asked.

“My lease on my apartment ended last week, and the rent went up because of it. I don’t have the money for it and.” She paused.

“Are you asking to borrow money?” I asked with a smile. She knows full well that I would help her.

“No. I um, well I saw a house about ten minutes away from Matt’s house, and I was wondering if, ya know, if all five of us could move in there.” She said looking at me, a blush creeping up on her cheeks.

“So you’re asking if we could get a house together and live together.” I asked.

“Yeah, kinda.” She said.

“I don’t know, I’ll have to check the house out.” I said.

“Wait we’re moving in with Zacky?” Maine asked from the backseat.

“This is adult talk.” I said. She pouted and went back to messing with Sierra. The rest of the ride was quiet, except the random complains from Maine for being in the car too long. Finally I pulled into my parents house. We got out and walked up to the door. I knocked and waited. Monica stood there with Seeger and the door opened at Jessica was standing there.

“ZACKY!” She yelled and hugged me. Thank god I didn’t have a baby in my hand.

“Jess. Hey.” I said and she let go. She let us in and my mom popped up around the corner.

“Zachary.” She said and hugged me.

“Now where are my grandkids?” She asked. I pointed and she smiled at Monica.

“You must be Monica, the one my son talks about all the time.” Mom said shaking Monica’s hand.

“Mom.” I said. She smiled and grabbed Seeger. Waving at Maine. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. My dad, messing with the TV, looked at me.

“Zack.” HE said shaking my hand.

“Pops.” I smiled.

“Ok so Jane will be over with her kids in a few minutes.” Mom said walking in with Seeger in her arms. Jane is my half sister, dads side. She’s a year older than me and has three kids. A ten year old, a seven year old and a two year old. Jackson, Mary, and Loraine.

“Is James gonna be here?” I asked.

“No, he was drafted to Iraq last week.” Mom said feeding Seeger.

“Oh.” I said and Monica sat next to me.

“My brother is in the army, he was drafted a year ago and is still there.” Monica said. I wrapped my arm around her. Jess came and sat next to me.

“You two look pretty cozy.” She said.

“Go away Jess, maybe go hang with Maine, but do something.” I said. She grunted and stood up and grabbed Maine and walked away.

“So son, are you two together?” Dad asked.

“I don’t know, I wouldn’t mind it but I’m letting her make the decisions.” I said.

“I’m thinking about it.” Monica said. I smiled and she looked at my dad.

“So Zacky says you own a music store?” She asked.

“Co owner, my friend Ron and me own it.” He said and sat in his recliner. The door opened and I saw my niece run in, her brother chasing her. I smiled and Mary stopped and looked at me.

“UNCLE ZACKY!” She yelled and jumped on me.

“Lunch is served.” Mom said from the background. I looked around and couldn’t find Seeger and Sierra.

“Mom where’s my kids?” I asked.

“In my room sleeping.” She said. I gave a sigh of relief and sat down next to Monica. We ate and laughed. We left at around 5 and Monica showed me that house. It was awesome. A big front yard, bigger backyard. The downstairs was big and the upstairs was perfect. Five rooms. I smiled an dhugged Monica.

“I’ll call the realtor tonight.” I said.

“Hey ya wanna stay at my apartment tonight?” She asked. I looked at her and smiled.

“The twins come with.” I said.

“I’m not dumb Zacky.” She said.

“Ya sure about that?” Maine asked. I looked at her and she was holding Sierra. Monica flipped her off and we left. I got the number and we drove to Monica’s apartment to spend the night there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one is long as hell. Um yeah please comment and subscribe and read. I am desperate here guys.

toxi♥