Status: Alive

Come Fly With Me

Chapter 4

“I’ve moved on; it seems like you should do the same. Now please leave.”

I didn’t even know what to think. It didn’t look like Jared did either. Steve got up out of his chair and waited for us to do the same. The ultimatum had been dealt; I know that when I made the decision to travel to Thunder Bay, there was a chance that she would turn me away, I just didn’t think it would actually happen.

Both Jared and I were surprisingly quite on the way out. Jessica tried to make another move on Jared, but he just walked past without acknowledging her. I slipped my shoes back on at the door and walked out followed by Jared. I didn’t look back, I wanted to, but I didn’t. I was already wasting tears on a woman that doesn’t love me.

Once I was back in the SUV, I broke down completely. If I wasn’t feeling good from the long bus ride to Thunder Bay, I was sick to my stomach with the thought of having nowhere to go. I didn’t have any money left. Other then Jared, who I really just met, I didn’t know anyone else in Thunder Bay. I was another pregnant girl. Jared had turned the vehicle on and drove for a few minutes before pulling into a driveway and shutting the SUV off again. He came around and opened the passenger door before pulling me into a hug. I thought I had been crying as hard as I could and that I was almost to the end of my episode, but when his arms closed around me, I started all over again.

“Shhh. You’re going to make yourself sick. It’ll be ok. You don’t have to do this alone just because Anne won’t help you.”

We were sitting there, me in his arms, when a tall blond woman walked out of the house. “Jared Staal, you have some explaining to do. What did Anne mean on the phone when she said you got a girl in trouble? Oh…”

“Mom, this is Elara. I ran into her at the airport, and asked her if she could use some help, and for right now, she really needs a place to sleep. Would you mind if she crashed here for a bit?”
I couldn’t look at her. How could I watch as this time someone else’s mother turned me away. “Jared, its fine. You really don’t need to worry about me. I’ll figure something out. I should get going anyways.” I pulled out of the comfort of his arms and stood up, getting ready to walk away, even though I didn’t know where I was going. Before I got too far from him, Jared reached out and grabbed my wrist to stop me. “Ahhhh…” I know he didn’t mean to hurt me, but the bruises from the day before were hidden from them, not me. I felt the bone deep pain in my fore arm and it felt like it went straight to my stomach. I was instantly queasy and I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt Jared let go of my arm, only to have him come closer and pull my sleeve up.

“Ella, what happened to you? Who did this?” His voice sounded strained and I was going to answer, but I didn’t want pity; I just turned my face into his chest. He had already witnessed the amazing-ness that was the meeting with my mother, and now I would get to tell him that my father was an alcoholic and beat me.

I didn’t get the chance to answer though. His mom saw the marks on my arm and said, “Jared, we’ll figure this out in a bit. Right now, take Elara to your room and let her get some rest. How far along are you, dear?”

“I’m about four months. I don’t know an exact number. I’m sorry.”

“There is no reason to apologize. I’m sure once you’re feeling better you can fill in some gaps. I’m going to schedule an appointment for an ultrasound, but really honey, go sleep. I’m sure even with a bump Jared’s clothes will fit you.” She smiled at me but still kept all the authority in her voice. She was a woman used to having to deal with men. I just wasn’t sure of how many that was at the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long. Please comment.
XO

Marc update soon