I Try

Introduction

Luca's blond whisps of hair flickered from her loose bun. Her father Rand and stepmother Heidi stood cuddled at the railing of their boat. Her eyes wandered out over the sea while her mind wondered to them; Brianna and Gabe, Luca's ex and his new slutty girlfriend. No not out of jealously, but disgust. It was his birthday yesterday and out of courtesy she said happy birthday only to be answered with a too-detailed description of their first sexual encounter as well as their pregnancy scare; not exactly light reading for someone who doesn’t even want to be friends with him. The thought of him even being intimate with anyone made her feel nauseous, he's disgusting. She shook her head thanking God she never did anything with any guy.

"Luc, can you run down and grab the red wine?" Heidi called waving her hand back at Luca while still holding a full glass looking like she’d tip over the edge with one more sip.

“No problem.” The patting of her feet on the wooden steps was soft and light; like a bird. After rummaging through the cupboards and stumbling over the bag of flower sitting on the floor, she found the wine. "Is it the one in the green or blue bottle?"

Laughter swam down the stairs followed with a drunken "Green".

Typical, her parents always got drunk on the weekends and never let Luca miss a family trip on their boat. She spent every other weekend on Gretta, the boat, trying to overcome the sea sickness and nursing hangovers on Saturday. However, at her mothers place, mom wasn't home enough to give her the time of day. Always yapping away on her iphone - work, school, problems - Luca might as well be spending the weekdays alone.

Luca tries to be strong, like any person would be, but one person can only take so much before they break.

“She turns the pages everyday just to change the mood, but every chapter reads the same.”
~Mayday Parade [Save Your Heart]
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading guys im thoroughly excited for this. im gonna end each chapter with lyrics from a song and i should put the name at the end of it so you can go listen to it.

thanks so much!
comments and such are much appreciated
-jackieee

[start of round two]