Both Sides of the Story

4

“Hey Austin, is Caleb mad at me?” I asked running to try and catch up to him after Caleb basically told me to leave him alone. Austin just shook his head and walked away. Now both of them are mad at me. I didn’t feel like going to class anymore. I went to the nurse’s office and sat there until Mrs. Ogton came in.
“What is the problem, Jess?” She asked.
“I don’t feel good.” I said. Which I wasn’t lying. I didn’t feel good. Having both of my best friends mad at me for some odd reason makes me feel sick.
“I’ll let you go this time but no more.” Mrs Ogton said.
“Thanks, Mrs. Ogton.” I said. She gave me a note and I walked out. I walked straight to the park and sat on the swings.
“Are you skipping?” A voice boomed over me. I jumped causing me to fall backwards onto my back. A tall slender guys came into my view.
“I’m somewhat skipping. I ticked off my best friends which made me feel bad so I didn’t want to be at school.” I said as he helped me up and I dusted off and then looked up at him and nearly choked on my gum I was chewing.
“Names Jonathan, Jonathan Cook.” He said sticking his hand out.
“Hi, I’m Jessica Slade.” I said taking his hand in mine and shook it.
“Ahh the famous Jessi Slade.” He said. I looked at him weird.
“I’m friends with Austin and Caleb, you know. They talk about how cool you are.” He said.
“Oh yeah. They only mentioned you like once or twice.” I smiled.
“Ah, I see. So do you have any plans for today since you decided to skip?” He asked.
“No, not really. What about you? Aren’t you suppose to be at school?” I asked.
“I didn’t feel like going. So we should hang out.” Jonathan said.
“Sure but what to do without getting into loads of crap?” I said. My stomach started to feel even weirder just thinking of spending the day with Jonathan Cook.
“We can go out to my paw pop. He’s got an open field and we can ride four wheelers just do random stuff.” He said.
“Holy potatoes, we must. I haven’t drove a four wheeler since we moved to Texas.” I said.
“Then come on, I’ll ring up Kyle. I don’t think he went to school either.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me along. We met up with who I assume was Kyle at this fence in area. Then Jonathan pointed to the small barn about a mile away from the fence.
“We have to get there. It’s about a mile. Think you can handle it?” He asked turning to me.
“Pssh, yeah.” I said. We started walking and about two minutes into the mile walk Kyle kicked the back of Jonathan’s knee and he feel on his butt. Kyle started laughing and I tried so hard to hold my laughter back.
“Go on and laugh. I know you want to. Just if you laugh I will be paying you back.” Jonathan said. I just smiled wider and then looked at Kyle who was laughing.
“Oh Gosh, Kyle stop laughing.” I said then cracked. I started laughing.
“If I get hurt Kyle, I don’t care if I just met you I will kick your butt.” I said. Kyle just laughed harder. We reached the barn and Jonathan pushed the door opened and I saw five four wheelers, three go-carts, and two dirt bikes. I was in Heaven.
“Oh I think I’m in Heaven.” I said walking into the barn. Jonathan laughed.
“Take your pick.” He said. I went over to the purple and blue colored four wheeler and got on.

“Helmet.” Jonathan said tossing me a helmet. I put it on and I followed them out of the barn and we raced around. Then Jonathan slowed to a stop and we all parked around to him and shut off the four wheelers.
“Guys, it’s 4pm.” Jonathan said.
“Oh okay. Oh crap, I was suppose to go with Caleb to his work to apologies to Carla.” I said. Jonathan started his four wheeler and we went back to the barn and shut them off. We pretty much ran to the fence. My phone vibrated in my front pocket. I dug it out and noticed I had four missed calls and seven text messages. I quickly read them and they were all from Caleb wondering where I was at but one was from Austin saying he was sorry for the way he acted. Not once did Caleb apologies. I shrugged.
“You okay, Slade?” Kyle asked.
“Caleb is mad at me.” I said shoving my phone back in my pocket. I was mad. Why was he being a douche?
“Listen, we’ve got a gig next Friday. I don’t know if Austin or Caleb has said anything to you about it but you should come. It’ll be fun.” Jonathan said.
“They haven’t. I don’t know. We will see how mad Caleb is at me.” I said.
“Cool well then, here’s my number. Just text it if you can come.” He said. I smiled as he gave me my phone back and I walked down the street until I found the small café Caleb works at. I looked in the window and saw Austin standing there. Austin looked worried and Caleb watched Carla do something with register. He didn’t seem worried. I grabbed the doorknob and twisted. My stomach was doing flips. I never had this feeling before. I was scared that I was going to mess up my friendship with these two guys. They are the best things that have had to me and I can’t let anything happened.
“Jess, where have you been?” Austin said pulling me into a hug.
“Around, I guess.” I said looking at Caleb. He was still talking to Carla. Carla glanced up at me but Caleb eyes were locked on the register. Knowing Caleb was mad at me, well I really hated it. He was the first person I met when I moved here and it sucks to know that I’m the one that made him mad. I looked around after Carla just shrugged her shoulders. Caleb still hadn’t said anything to me. I really messed up something.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH GOSH!!! I've update two stories in less than two days. I just might write more. I think I might be getting my motivation back. Oh yesssss.. Enjoy, loves.