Status: New :)

More Than Alive

chapter four.

I woke up the next morning full of energy. I was ready. I could do this.

Carefully, I opened my curtain that divided my bed away from the rest of the bus and I pulled my adrenalin rushed body toward the shower. The warm water hit against my body in a perfect rhythm. Many people don’t notice things like that but there is something about everything that I can find a beat it. After shampooing, conditioning, and shaving. Yes, I shaved for this event. I just have really light colored hair so you can’t see it but in reality I have a beard like Santa.

After brushing my teeth, I rushed out of the bathroom to go get clothes. I dug through my suitcase looking for the perfect outfit. I needed to look sophisticated. With that in mind, I decided on a pair of skinny jeans, a buttoned collared shirt with a suit jacket over it, a pair of black and white Nikes. Just the big decision was what to do with the hair? Should I spike it, let it go all natural, or comb it over? I decided on the combover.

Standing in front of the mirror I fussed with my hair and ran through conversation scenarios in my head.

“Dude? What the fuck are you doing?” Chaz asked looking at me with his eyebrows raised and a red bull in hand.

“What are you doing? Its not even ten and you are drinking a red bull,” I shot back at him as I continued to adjust my outfit trying on different watches and necklaces.

“I asked you first.” He said after taking a sip of his sugary energy drink.

“I am,” I said starting the thought but I didn’t know what lie to come up with that Chaz is going to believe. Then the idea came to me, “I am going to an important meeting.”

“Oh. I see.” Chaz said while nodding his head. “Wait, no you are not going anywhere.” Chaz exclaimed. I stopped what I was doing and began to panic silently. He is on to me. “Scooter and your mom are still sleeping, even Kenny is sleeping. Well Kenny always sleeps.”

“Yes,” I said then paused so I can carefully choose the next few words that I was going to say. “But this is a secret meeting that they cannot be involved in because its for Scooter’s birthday.” Not going lie, I even impressed myself with making that up on the spot.

“Oh I got it dude. Your secret is safe with me. But I don’t know why you chose a combover to see a party planner. Not your best idea Bieber.” Chaz said before walking out of the room.

I let out a sigh of relief before checking my phone for the time.

It is eight forty-five on a sunny Thursday morning in L.A. There was not a single white fluffy cloud in the baby blue sky within miles of my vision.

I stealthily stole my checkbook out of Scooters’ suitcase.Yeah I know that’s the wrong thing to do, but he doesn’t trust me with my hard earned money so that is the only way I could pull through with my grand scheme. I dug around the suitcase with my hand until I felt a small leather item that was rectangular. Bingo. I quietly pulled it out and looked to make sure no one was coming. Perfect.

I tiptoed down the main cabin of the bus past the kitchen area and out the front. Slowly I shut the door trying to make as little noise as possible. Then I was out. I was free.

The smell of the salty ocean and warm sand filled the air. As well as the smell of hotdog vendors cooking up the ‘dogs’ for the day of business. My shoes hit the concrete sidewalk with every step as I kept my head down and walked.

I don’t normally get the chance to walk around like this by myself but I’m sure if my mom, Scooter, Kenny, or anyone finds out why I snuck out that they won’t be mad at me. How could they?

After a good twenty minutes of walking down countless streets, I finally arrived at my final destination.

St. Jude’s Cancer Research Center.

However this time visiting is different. I felt a whole new kind of nervousness. Blood rush through my veins as I stepped into the warmhearted building. As I stepped up to the check-in desk I had a different mission in mind. The lady was different from the one that occupied that chair yesterday.

She gently smiled as I approached the desk. “How can I help you?” She asked while maintaining eye contact with me.

“I would like to speak with Dr. Kelly.” I stated with all seriousness.

“Of course Sir. Right this way.” She said while standing up and motioning her hands to follow her.

I guess this new “mature” look is working for me. I am going to have to try this more often now. Maybe I will trade places with Scooter for a day and I will become all bossy and crabby. Then I can yell at him when he tries to prank me. Yeah I am defiantly doing that.

The nurse stopped in front of a door that was different then all the others. Instead of if being full of color and handprints it was just a plain wood door with a silver door knob and a name plate that read “Dr. Louis Kelly.”

“Thank you.” I said as I raised my hand and formed a fist. I met the door with my knuckles and created a little pattern with my knocks. After hitting the door a good five or so times I decided to stop. I waited a few seconds before I was about to knock again but the door flung open.

“Hi Doctor. I need your help.” I said to him.

“Come in son.” He said inviting me in before closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little filler(:
comment and subscribe