Sequel: Bittersweet Nectar.
Status: Slow updates- one star so far.

Dancing In The Rain

“I’ll be there to catch you when you fall.”

Ronnie and I were lying side-by-side on my dirty carpeted floor, listening to Maddy arguing with Max. We had snorted up two lines of cocaine each within the hour we’ve been here.

It felt amazing to get high with someone other than Max for once.

“And the door slams…” I muttered just before Maddy slammed the front door. Her footsteps were coming towards my small, cluttered bedroom and I can tell she was going to be even more pissed off by the fact I was high again.

But this time, I was high with a guy I’ve only known for about two hours.

“Ronnie? What the fuck are you doing here, on the floor with my best friend?” Maddy asked once she swung my door open.

“Chilling with the lovely Samantha-Jo. And what are you doing here, Maddison?” She rolled her eyes at him using our full names, I rolled mine too.

“I pay the fucking rent since she wastes all of her money on drugs.” She turned on the light in my room, making me moan in protest and press my face into Ronnie’s ribs.

“Turn it off…” I moaned to her into Ronnie’s ribs.

“Nope. Now tell Ronnie, bye bye.” She informed me before trying to peel me off of Ronnie. I grabbed onto his arm, he grabbed my hand and smiled.

“If you get up, I’ll buy you some more.” Ronnie whispered into my ear. My face made almost a Chelsea Grin; soon I began to stand up.

“Bye bye, Ronnie!” I waved to him and giggled before plopping onto my bed and closing my eyes.

I could still hear Maddy and Ronnie’s faint whispers as I began to fall asleep.

“I think I may like her.” Was the last thing I hear Ronnie say before I went back to sleep.

~~

The burning of the sunlight made me squint my eyes, but I soon peeled them open. My Hello Kitty blanket that was used as a curtain had fallen down so the sunlight had cascaded all over my bedroom. I yawned and stretched my arm above my head while looking at my digital alarm clock.

9:56 AM; way too early for my liking.

I shrugged and stood up from my bed in only my underwear and cami. Maddy and I usually walked around the house like this all the time since only Max really came over. I walked out of the room and closed the door lightly, careful to not wake her.

“Well I can get use to waking up to this every morning.” A deep, raspy voice behind me said, causing me to jump. I turned around and saw that it was some tall guy with long, black hair, tattoos, and a nose ring.

I’ve seen him before but I forgot his name. Did I fuck him last night when I was high or something?

“Hey there…” I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

“You don’t remember me do you?” He asked me with a booming laugh.

“Refresh my memory?” I asked him as I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen where my cigarettes were.

“Ronnie. Max and Maddy are trying to hook us up.” He explained as I lit mine and offered him one.

“Oh yeah! You and I got high together, right?” I asked before inhaling, he nodded and blew out his smoke.

“Don’t worry, we didn’t fuck either.” He reassured me, making me sigh in relief.

“You mother fuckers talk too loud.” Maddy muttered in a harsh tone as she wiped her tired eyes. Max soon came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I thought you two broke up again.” I said as I tapped the ashes into the ashtray.

“You know how I can’t resist him when he does those big puppy dog eyes to me. Oh and the quivering lip!” She let Max’s grip around her go and walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of orange juice.

“We should go do something today.” Maddy exclaimed out before slamming her orange juice onto the fake tiled counter, spilling some of the juice.

“Like what?” Ronnie asked her before stubbing out the cigarette into the ashtray.

“How about skating?” Max suggested, making me snort.

“Yeah, so I can almost break every bone in my body again? I think not!” Ronnie put his arm around my shoulders- in a friendly manner I’m sure.

“I’ll be there to catch you when you fall.” He told me, making me melt a little bit inside.

Maddy and Max stood in front of me with their puppy dog eyes, lips quivering, making me sigh loudly.

“Go get dressed…” I sneered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but sweet. As you may have noticed with this story and many other stories of mine, I have not updated at all lately. This is prehaps caused by stress, school, band, LACK OF FUCKING COMMENTS & SUBSCRIBERS, friends, family, and etc.

But you know, any of those could be the reason. -___-

I'm also going to try to update "Bittersweet Nectar" within the next two days; be sure to look out for that.

Sam