Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Thirteen

*Over a week later...*

./\/\.Matt's POV./\/\.

Sitting on the decking, aviators on, beer in hand and music playing softly from the stereo. It was nothing but another beautiful, sunny day in Huntington.

I was currently hosting a BBQ. The guys and their girls were here, as well as Alex and her now two best friends, Jem and Vicky.

Gena, Lacey and Michelle were in the kitchen 'prepping' the salad, Brian, Zacky and I were on the decking, Jimmy was on her cell talking to Jenny and Alex, Vicky and Jem were situated around the BBQ which Johnny was trying to light.

"Y'know, your shoelace is undone" Jem pointed out, as she and the other 2 troublemakers looked innocently at Johnny.

He looked down at his feet, and yes, his shoe lace was undone. So he bent down to tie it up, but as he did, Alex, Vicky and Jem turned the gas knob up on the BBQ before running a few feet away.

When Johnny stood back up, he shrugged his shoulders when he saw that the girls had gone off somewhere. He then reached into his back pocket and pulled out a packet of matches.

"Oh shit...." Zacky mumbled suppressing a smirk.

Johnny then dropped the match into the BBQ. Immediately a huge flame jolted into the air, narrowly missing Johnny's face. Johnny lept ten feet into the air and dived into the swimming pool. Resurfacing acting like a prep with all the screaming.

Everyone and I mean Everyone, fell to the floor laughing their heads off. I could see Alex, Vicky and Jem, all high-five each other whilst crying laughing.

"Your looking alittle wet there Johnny..." Smirked Alex. "..And your eyebrows are kinda missing."

Johnny just glared at them as she climbed out of the pool. He dried off and then went back to tending the BBQ.

./\/\.End of Matt's POV./\/\.

After Johnny's hilarious, I mean,unfortunate accident with the BBQ, we'd all managed to settle down and had a bite to eat.

As the evening was starting to draw to a close, Vicky and Jem caught a ride home with Jimmy, You should have seen them spazz out about getting a ride home with The Rev. Zacky and Gena headed back home, as did Lacey and Johnny and Michelle and Brian. Leaving me and dad to clean up the mess.

I was cleaning up the back garden of plates, when I could hear the front door bell ring. Dad looked up and then headed into the house to answer the door.

A few moment later, Dad re-appeared at the back door. "Alex, leave all that I want you to meet someone." He called out.

Meet someone? I thought. Doing as he said, I left the things on the table and proceeded to go into the house.

As I walked towards the living room, I could make out another voice. A girls soft voice was carried through the small hallway to my ears. Slowly I opened the door to the living room door. There stood Dad and a girl with blond hair.

I looked over the girl for awhile. She looked only slightly taller than me, but she also looked alot like Michelle...

"Alex this is Valary," Dad said to me. "Val, this is Alex."

Stilling looking at 'Valary', I didn't say anything.

"Its nice to finally meet you." Smiled Val at me. I noticed her glace at Matt, with sort of a worried expression gracing her face.

No expression graced my face as I looked at both of them. "I'm going to me room." I said in a mono-tone voice. I then put down the plate that was in my hand, on the coffee table. Brushing past Val, not even looking at her as I walked up the stairs, I could almost imagine the glare my father was giving me.

Once inside my room, I slammed my door shut.

I knew he was keeping something from me! All the secret phone calls, and saying he was at the studio when he blatantly wasn't.

Plugging my ipod headphones into my ears, I glared daggers at the ceiling above me.

I was not happy...

Not in the slightest....

./\/\.Matt's POV./\/\.

I could see the look of hurt, plastered all over Valary's face. I knew how much she wanted to meet Alex and for them to be friends.

Pulling Val into my chest, I felt her let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Matt, maybe it was too soon for me to come back." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes slightly.

"It's not Val. She's just going to have to get used to not being the only girl in my life. She will in due time. I promise." I added, as I rubbed her back reassuringly. "C'mon, let get suitcase out of your car."

I kissed the top of her head, before we pulled away. "Remember I love ya Val."

"I love you too Matt.."
♠ ♠ ♠
What you think?
You like?
Leave me some feedback
Positive or Negative
X.x.X