Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Fourteen

The smell of pancakes wafted into my bedroom, waking me up. Pulling my hair up into a ponytail, I got out of bed and headed downstairs

In the kitchen, Val was busy making breakfast. She turned around and smiled at me as she carried a plate of pancakes over to the kitchen island. "I thought I'd make us all some pancakes for breakfast." She said to me, wiping her hands on a tea cloth.

Dad walked in from the garage. "Morning kid," he said, ruffling my hair as he walked past me. "Morning Val." He pecked her lips and took a seat at the Island, opposite Val.

"C'mon Alex. I know you love them." Dad said, picking up his fork.

"No thanks." I replied pulling a bottle pf water out of the fridge. "Im going to the basketball courts with Vicky and Jem."

Val started to speak "Maybe we could play-"

"I've got to get ready." I cut her off and made my way upstairs to get dressed.

./\/\.Val's POV./\/\.

I softly hit my head against the kitchen island. I always did this when I was in high school, when I had forgotten about that very important test.

"I'm trying Matt. I swear to God I'm trying." I mumbled.

Matt reached across and rubbed my shoulder. "I know babe. She's just really hard headed."

"Like her father." I laughed slightly. Matt faked a death glare, but he nodded his head in agreement, before kissing me softly.

"What's up party people!" Michelle yelled bursting in through the back door.

"Ever heared of knocking?" Matt groaned, pulling away from me.

"Ever heared of shutting the fuck up?" Michelle retaliated. I could hear Brian snicker as he walked through the same door as Michelle just had.

He looked over at me. "How's it going with S.O.S?" Brian asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Spawn Of Satan." he pointed his finger over in Matt's direction.

"Not good." I sighed. Brian smiled at me sympathetically at me, before Alex came into the room

"Hey Michelle." Alex smiled, while a basketball wedged under her arm. "And it." She smirked at Brian.

He put his hand on his hip and pulled a shocked face. "You did not just say that!" Brian exclaimed in a preppy voice, which caused us all to erupt into laughter.

"You off somewhere?" Michelle asked Alex, who nodded. "Want a lift?"

"Yeah, please." Alex said. Michelle got up and took the car keys from Brian.

"I want you back here by seven!" Matt excalimed as Alex followed Michelle out the door.

"Will do." She called back, before her and Michelle left.

"I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong." I folded my arms.

Brian took a seat next to Matt. "Maybe she just feels a little bit betrayed about not being told about you two being together. Plue she doesn't trust people to easily."

"But she's already being friendly with Michelle." I whined.

"Don't worry Val." Matt stood up. "She'll be talking to you in no time." He quickly kissed me. "We're off to the studio, see you later."

"Later guys." I replied, as Matt and Brian left the house.

Later that night

I was watching TV. It was around 9:30pm. Matt was still at the studio and Alex was two and a half hours late.

The front door creaked opened, then closed. Turning towards the door, I saw Alex take off her shoes.

"Your dad said to be in by seven" I said.

She looked at me. "Your point being?"

"I think you should do what your told."

Alex snorted then shook her head lightly. "Yeah..Whatever."

I went to say something else to her, but she had already gone up the stairs.

Letting my head fall back onto the couch, I rubbed my face with my hands. Why do you have to be so much like your father!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the update
Let me know what you think
More Comments and Feedback motivates me to write more
X.x.X