Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Thirty Three

Matt's POV
I paced the small area that was in front of me, whilst many eyes watch me. The new black shoes on my feet beat out a quick beat on the hard flooring, the beat matching the rate at which my heart was at. With my arms folded, I nervously bite at my non-existent nails.

Jimmy appeared at the back of the church and slowly walked down the aisle, sunglasses shielding his eyes, but an ever present smirk across his face. How could he look so comfortable in his suit!

Just like him, I was wearing a black dress pants, black shirt and a black waistcoat, topped off with an equally as dark tie, which was tucked into the waistcoat. I tugged on the dark cuff of my shirt before returning my gaze back to Jimmy. The guys were wearing the same thing as I, except their shirts were white. Val and I decided to have a white and black wedding. Keeping with tradition, but going against it at the same time.

"Matt." Jimmy stated, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Stop pacing. Calm down. And stand where your supposed to." He ordered softly, giving me a shove to the side. Jimmy sent me a soft smile. We were all still suffering from the bachelor party the night before but I knew I'd forget that pretty soon. I took my correct place facing the priest at the of church.

"Let get this show on the road!" Jimmy yelled loudly, causing all of the guests to jump. He started to back out of the church muttering his sorrys as he went. As soon as he walked out the wooden doors, they closed.

I inhaled deeply shutting my eyes, before opening them slowly. The priest then motioned for all the guests to stand, as Val was about to walk down the aisle. I turned slightly to look behind me and then the music started.

"Seize the day,
Or die regretting...."


I ducked my head slightly as my voice rang out through the Church. 'Why did I have to let Val chose the music she'd walk into?!' I thought, but everyone else seemed to like it.

First to walk in was Michelle and Brian, linked at the arm. Followed by Zacky and Gena. Next was Johnny and Lacey. And then it was Jimmy and my dear daughter Alex. I must admit, the high difference between the two made me laugh lightly, but I didn't let it show. As Alex got to the front she grinned at my nervous face. "Sup homie?" She smirked, before standing next to Gena, Lacey and Michelle, on the bride's side, while the guys, all of who were my best men.

As I said, this was a white and black wedding. So the bridesmaid dresses were white with a thick black ribbon going around the waist. All the girls looked beautiful in their dresses. But Alex looked just like a princess. She never wears dresses so I was expecting her to protest when she was at her dress fitting, but Val said that she'd never seen Alex so excited. I smiled down at Alex, who was grinning at me and mouth, 'I love you', she smiled and replied with a mouth. 'I love you too Dad.'

All attention turned to the back of the church, as the song cut back into the chorus again. I looked up and couldn't stop the look of awe take over my face, as I saw my Val gracefully making her way down the aisle, he beautiful dress making her look like an angel as she came closer and closer to me.

Before I had chance to blink, Val was standing in front of me. I turned to face her and took her hands in mine. "Hey." She said softly to me, which caused all trace of nerves in my to disappear.

"Hey." I smiled down at her.

The priest then cleared his throat and began...

"Mrs. Matt Sanders. Finally." Val grinned from her place next to me, as we looked over all the guests at out reception. Our reception was being held outside more or less on the beach. There were tables and chairs set up, a small stage, dance floor and white drapes held up high, which made the place seem like heaven. There was a slight warm breeze blowing through the bodies, which everyone seemed to appreciate. The sun was over the crystal blue sea, which I couldn't help but admire.

I brought Val's hand up to my lips and kiss the wedding band that was now on her ring finger. "Your mine forever." I mumbled. "Mwhaha!" I added sarcastically.

Val rolled her eyes, but leaned up to kiss me none the less. When the kiss broke, Val leaned into my chest and I wrapped her in my arms, resting my head on top of hers. My eye fell uponmy our daughter, who was standing by Johnny and Lacey. Upon closer inspection, I spied a glass of champagne in her small hand. As if she sensed me looking at her, she looked at me like a deer caught in headlight. I pretended to glare at her from across the area, but smirked and shook my head, dismissing the fact she was too young to drink.

After Val and I mingled with the guests making small talk and thanking them for coming, we sat down on one of the white leather couches that were part of the reception area.

"Uh...can Val and Dad like, come over to the dance floor, please?" A timid voice, which belonged to Alex, mumbled into a microphone. Val and I looked at each other with confusion, before getting to out feet. I held onto Val's hand and leaded the way to the dance floor, where a crowd was gathering.

We got through the crowd and were in the middle of the floor. I looked up at Alex who was on the stage, only Jimmy, Brian, Zacky and Jimmy were all up there too. She smiled sheepishly down at me, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, she did that when she was nervous.Why was she nervous.

"Okay...Um..."She tightened her grip in the mic. "I'm not the best at speaking public ally but um...I really wanted to this. But before I-I do, um..." Alex continued to stutter. For a moment it seemed as though her mind had gone blank and she began to panic.

When Alex's gaze caught mine I stared her in the eye and said softly. "Calm down baby girl, deep breath and take your time." I swear a few people behind me 'awed'

Alex nodded and took a breath before speaking again. "First, I'd just like to say to Val and everyone, welcome to the Sanders family. Secondly...this is mostly for Val." Alex composed herself and I felt Val shift in my arms. "Val I know we got off so badly, but I hope that I could make that up to you one day. And I also want to add that Val, you've been more than a mother for me than anyone has and for that, I thank you." Val smiled up at Alex and blew her a kiss. "And thirdly uh...Dad and Val have noticed I've been spending alot of time with the guys over the past few weeks. I said that I was letting them plane the wedding, but uh...I was actually doing something else, which um...which is my present to the newlyweds so..I guess her goes..."

She put the mic down and went to sit behind a white piano that was on stage. At the same time, Jimmy got behind the drums, while Zacky and Brian picked up their guitar and Johnny his base. Confusion etched it's way onto my face but soon that was about to change, as Alex pressed the opening chords on the piano and Alex began to sing...

"Waking up I see that everything is OK
The first time in my life and now it's so great
Slowing down I look around and I am so amazed
I think about the little things that make life great

I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling

This innocence is brilliant
I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect
Please don't go away
I need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by

I found a place so safe, not a single tear
The first time in my life and now it's so clear
Feel calm, I belong, I'm so happy here
It's so strong and now I let myself be sincere

I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling

This innocence is brilliant
I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect
Please don't go away
I need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by

It's a state of bliss, you think you're dreaming
It's the happiness inside that you're feeling
It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry
It's a state of bliss, you think you're dreaming
It's the happiness inside that you're feeling
It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry

It's so beautiful it makes you wanna cry
This innocence is brilliant
Makes you wanna cry
This innocence is brilliance
Please don't go away
Cause I need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by

This innocence is brilliant
I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect
Please don't go away
I need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by"


I couldn't stop the tears falling from my eyes as the song Alex had created with little help from the guys, came to a end. I was overwhelmed with emotion. My daughter, had just wrote a song for Val and I. No-one else.

Stealing a glance down, I noticed the streaks of tears that were coming down Val's cheeks.

"Your gonna make me cry..."Alex laughed lightly, sniffling as she did. She used the back of her hand to wipe away the tears in her eyes.

Still the tears off happiness fell from my eyes as I smiled at Alex. Letting go of Val, I moved to her side and beckoned Alex to come forward. In a split second, Alex darted from behind the piano and jumped off the edge of the stage, her dress flailing behind her. She ran straight into my arms and buried her head in my chest, continuing to cry.

I wrapped her in my arms and buried my face in her hair. "That was beautiful Alex. Thank you so much."

"I wish I could do more for you and Val." She mumbled.

"There's no need to Hun." Val added, standing next to me. I released one of my arms that was around Alex and pulled Val into the hug. Val and Alex hugged each other.

"GROUP HUG!" Was yelled from behind me and soon I was crushed in between various bodies. Looking around, I noticed that all the guys had surrounded me, Val and Alex in the hug. By now all the tears had stopped and we were all laughing with each other.

Once we were all released, I paused for a moment to take everything in, before announcing. "I am blessed, to have such a wonderful family, and just as wonderful friends...."

Few Years Later...
"Damnit Zacky how many guitar do you need on one tour!" Alex groaned, wheeling the case that contained Zacky's guitar to the side of the stage.

"Oh just enough so that you can still push them." He grinned, sitting on an amp.

Alex flipped him the bird as she and JB, started checking our equipment. Ever so often she would speak into the mic of her headpiece at another roadie or whoever.

Alex is now nearing eighteen, but she wanted to drop out of high school when the new album was released, as she realized we would be touring alot. So I gave her an ultimatum, she either went back to school, or she worked as roadie on tour...Okay so maybe I gave her easy choices, but still she'd my daughter! She worked as hard as she could and she was fun to have on tour.

"You guys nearly ready?" Val asked appearing next to me, as I looked at JB and Matt Berry start to tease Alex, but she fought back like a Sanders.

I turned to grin and Val and kissed her lightly, before bending down and kissing the little forehead wrapped in a bundle of blankets in Val's arms. Little Matt Jr. was nearing his first birthday in a few weeks.

"We're nearly set up. The support band is finishing soon." I smiled at her. "How's it going little guy?" I cooed at my son, who just looked up at me with hazel eyes.

The support band walked off stage and Alex called my name.

"We'll see you backstage later. Have a good show." Val kissed me again before heading to the backstage area, where it was safe for her and our son to be.

The roar of the crowd became louder and louder by the second. Soon, one by one, me and the guys made out way on stage, I was last.

Alex stood at the side of the stage, her headpiece around her neck. She passed me the mic. "Break a leg Dad. And please tell Brian to stop breaking his guitar strings, just so I have to walk on stage and swap his guitars, cause next time, I will strangle him with that string in front of the fans."

I chuckled and pressed a kiss to her forehead. I still couldn't believe how much my little girl had grown up in the past three years. "Okay sweet angel of mine." I smirked, knowing how much it gets to her when I call her angel.

"Dad!" She groaned, shoving me towards the stage. "Stop it!"

"What would you prefer?" I smirked, walking backwards towards the stage, but before I stepped out in view of the fans I yelled out to Alex....

"How about....Sweet Child of Mine"
♠ ♠ ♠
Val's Wedding Dress
Matt's Outfit
Bridesmaid dresses

Okay...So that was about as cheesy as they come, but I really like it.
Sorry it's so rushed, but I needed to finish this story, as I have alot on at the moment.

The song I used was Innocence By Avril Lavinge, I really like it and thought it suited the story.

So, I guess this is over and out for Sweet Child Of Me.
First and foremost, thanks to all of you lovely readers that left comments, subscribes and all that jazz.
It all meant alot to me.

So, for now, this is over.
But please check out the rest of my stuff, I hope you enjoy it.

Enjoy.x