Raise Your Glass 'Cause We're Poppin' Champagne

Remembering Sunday

-Brooke-

The rest of the day was a bit awkward. Every time Alex and I made eye contact, I'd get butterflies and gasp. He'd look away before I did.

"OMG, Brooke, don't be a dumbass." Victoria said rolling her eyes. I smacked the back of her head. "OUCHY!" She squealed. Then, she shoved me away.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't call me a dumbass." I said.

"Okay. Maybe dumbass wasn't the right word. How about an idiot?"

"Better."

"Okay. Anyway, Alex really likes you, and he told me and that he was trying to kiss you."

"What? Really?" I said breathless. Victoria nodded with a "seriously" look. "Whoa. So, he really was gonna kiss me. This changes everything me and Jack talked about. I think..."

"Well, don't let me and Jack stand in the way. But, please talk to him. So that all the awkward stuff is cleared and you two can be friends again."

"Guess you're right." I said shrugging. We were silent the rest of the walk.

When Victoria and I entered the bus, Jack and Rian were playing video games, Zack was playing different notes on his bass, and Alex was nowhere to be found.

"Hey everyone." Victoria hollered. Jack tore his eyes from the screen and grinned. He hopped to his feet and embraced Tori in his arms. I felt a twinge of jealousy and hurt that Alex wasn't here to embrace me in his arms like that.

"Have you guys seen Alex?" I said under my breath. Thankfully Jack heard me and nodded. Then, he jerked his thumb toward the back of the tour bus.

I nodded and tried to smile, but it just turned into an akward lip twitch. I made my way to the back of the bus and stopped when I heard Alex's voice.

"...Now this place seems familiar to him. She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin. She lead him upstairs, she lead him upstairs. Left him dying to get in..." He sang. I smiled and pushed the door open. Something stirred behind it and slammed into a wall.

I saw Alex, face full of shock and back pressed against the wall. I chuckled breathlessly.

"Sorry." I said.

"You scared me." Alex said in a shakey voice. I pursed my lips. "How much did you hear?" He asked smiling.

"A bit. Not a lot." I said with a one-shouldered shrug.

"Oh. Just practicing for tomorrow's rehearsal. I'm a lil rusty. Oklahoma was pretty wild and next we're on our way to Vegas. Big place."

"Lots of girl fans." I said under my breath.

"Yep. But, I bet I'll feel a little less nervous with you and Victoria on stage with us." Alex said with a smirk.

"Are you serious?"

"Mhm." He nodded. My jaw dropped.

"That would be awesome!"

"I thought you'd might wanna hang out on stage with your favorite band."

"And my favorite person! Oh my gosh, I love you!" I squealed and threw myself at him, arms around his waist.

Then, I was taken aback and pushed myself off of him. His face was pale white, but his cheeks were as red as cherries. I blushed myself and swallowed a lump in my throat. My stomach knotted uncomfortabley. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I panicked and ran out of the room.

But I didn't stop yet. I ran off the parked bus and hid behind a shadey tree.

What was I doing? Hiding from Alex? Or hiding from my feelings? Only God knows. Because I sure as hell didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, rate, subscribe!