Raise Your Glass 'Cause We're Poppin' Champagne

The Almost Kiss

-Brooke-

When I woke up the next morning, Alex was still beside me. Our bodies were huddled together on his bed. His arm was tight around my waist, his face buried in my neck. I shifted uncomfortabley and Alex stirred.

I removed his arm from my waist and sat up. I sighed and looked around. Jack and Victoria were asleep together on the floor. I slowly and quietly reached a hand over to Alex and lightly shoved his shoulder to wake him up. He rubbed his eyes and smiled.

"What're you doing up so early?" Alex whispered to me. I shrugged.

"I'm an early riser." I whispered back. "I'm hungry. I guess that's why I woke you up."

"Okay." Alex sat up next to me. "What do you feel like eating?"

"Mmmmm..." I thought for a moment. "How about some pancakes?"

"Alright. We'll have pancakes." He smiled and kissed my cheek. I gasped and blushed. Alex hopped off the bed and put out his hand for me.

"Alex, stop flinging pancake batter all over me, dammit!" I said smacking his forehead. Alex laughed and purposely flinged the fork again. "Shit, you got it in my hair!!!! You're goin' down, Gaskarth!" I said picking up my fork, dipping it into a bowl of pancake mix and flinging it at him. It got all over his hair and his face.

"Dude, not cool!" He laughed dropping his bowl and fork and tickling me. I bursted into a laughing fit and fell to the floor. Alex continued to tickle me as I lie helplessly laughing on the bus floor. Then, he abruptly stopped and stared into my eyes. I stopped laughing and stared back.

Alex smiled, leaned down and...

"Whoa!" I heard two voices say simultaneously. Alex and I looked up and saw Victoria and Jack. They were standing hand-in-hand in the doorway.

"Uhhh..." Alex said quickly standing up. He helped me up and we cleaned ourselves with papertowels.

"Alex, can I speak to you outside?" Victoria asked. Alex nodded and followed her out of the tour bus.

"Yeah, Brooke, I need to talk to you too."

-Alex-

"What was that Jack and I just walked into?" Victoria asked smiling.

"I don't know. I was going to kiss her, you and Jack walked in, and I panicked!"

"Oopsy! Sorry, Alex. I didn't know."

"It's okay. Now it's kind of awkward to be around her. She probably thinks I'm all gross and weird now."

"Well, I could ask her."

"You would do that?"

"Of course."

-Brooke-

"What the hell was going on?" Jack asked chuckling. I smacked his arm. "OUCHY! You can't solve problems by hitting people. It just causes more problems."

"I don't know what was going on, okay? We were making pancakes, we were throwing batter at each other, he began tickling me, we fell to the floor, he leaned in, and then you and Tori ruined it!" I explained. "I think he was trying to kiss me."

"You think?"

"Yes."

"Gosh, you're a smart one. Of course he was! And, I'm sorry we ruined it. You guys'll have your chance again. I hope..."

"You keep that hope. I'm in this with you." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was rushed. hope you likes it though. Comments???