I See You for Who You Are

1

Vilma put a last hand on her makeup, frowning when she saw how tired she looked. She hadn't been getting enough sleep tonight, dreams kept her up. Dreams about home...Sweden... She missed it. She missed her friends and family. When she visited her parents over the holidays she held her sisters baby in her arms and wondered what reason she had going back to London? The answer was easy, her friends, the job at Down Bar and the tiny apartment she made into her own sacred place of calm. That's where she belonged. No matter how much she missed her family and they missed her she didn't fit in there anymore. They said she was crazy to think like that, that she would find a new life for her there easy and fast. She knew her mother wanted her close. She just knew that something would be missing. She had made a decision though... If nothing in her life changed until next Christmas came in 9 months she would seriously start thinking about going back. She didn't know why, but something had to change. She loved her life but there was something missing.
She put on a black suit vest over her white tank top and ran down the stairs. When she opened the door to the pub she stopped for a second and looked at the poster on the door. PERFORMING TONIGHT: BOBBY DUPEA
She shrugged and ran in to help Mark with the preparations for tonight. The bar opened in 2 hours and she felt anticipation, like she always did before a live act at the bar. Music always had that effect on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcome :)
This is my first story, I started it on quizilla and wrote three chapters, thought I'd finish it here.