‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

I Love You (Finale)

Sunny's POV

"Can someone help me put the groceries away?" I called out, marching through my living room and toward my kitchen, "Hello?" I called out again.

There was a series of soft giggles as I put the grocery bags on the kitchen table. I looked around, sighing heavily, "Frankie!" I screeched, "Dammit!"

The baby blue cake with Sully and Mike, from Monster's Inc., on it had two finger prints around the edges. I sighed, turning around the kitchen, "Frankie!" I called again, "I swear to Santa Claus if you don't--" I was cut off by my son's face, with war-paint like blue frosting across his cheeks, popping up from under the table and giggling. I shook my head, knowing Frank was holding him up, "Joey, where's your daddy? I'm gonna kill him."

Joey giggled and looked down and then up at me. He touched his cheeks, smearing the frosting and licking it off his hand; a mock baby voice followed, "Don't kill daddy."

I crossed my arms, "I'm gonna kill him if he doesn't tell me why he messed up your birthday cake."

Joey continued to lick his hand and laugh, while Frank continued to pretend to voice him, "No!"

I couldn't help but laugh, "Where is he Joe?" Joey giggled as Frank an he rose up from the table. Frank had blue frosting on his nose and his lips. I shook my head, again, "I can't believe you."

Frank held Joey, who was shaking his dark, messy hair, "We got hungry."

I rolled my eyes, "Butcher is coming back soon to barbecue!"

He walked over to me, "We only got a little." Frank leaned down and pecked my lips; I smiled as the frosting got on my lips, "We missed you, mommy."

"I missed you, too, Papa Bear." he chuckled and licked the frosting from his lips, "Can you please clean the kid up? Everyone should be here soon."

He nodded, "Will do." I quickly pecked Joey's sweet cheek and grabbed one of the grocery bags.

I didn't want to rush in right away, and was actually glad Frank created a mess so he wouldn't see what else I bought from the store. Inside one of the bags was a pregnancy test; I wasn't sure, but I think I might be. It does seem sort of sudden, but I think I would be ready for another...

Our entire year involved a lot of phone calls, trips, pictures, doctors visits, and moving. It had only been 3 months that Joey and I moved to New Jersey with Frank, and it was a hard adjustment; we had to move a lot and get new doctors for Joey. I also missed my friends, but Butcher and I talked a lot, and I was able to see them for holidays. Frank and I hadn't married yet, but we talked about it; we didn't plan anything.

(I hadn't spoken to Tyler since the fight. I don't suppose I should, even though Brendon and I are still friendly. I didn't see him when I visited California, a few months back, and I never want to. I had once loved Tyler, but, just like Marilyn, we were now strangers. It sucks when that happens.)

I now had a job at Alternative Press magazine as a photographer, on their East Coast division, and was able to make my own money. I loved it, but the most fun I had was playing with Joey; he was so silly. I got to bring him with me, sometimes, and everyone liked him.

He and Frank are, just as I predicted, attached at the hip. They both looked a like, in every way, and Joey loved his tattoos. They are so cute together, they always play together. I don't think I could put into words how much they adore each other.

Now, we were celebrating Joey's first birthday; we're holding it in New Jersey. All in a year, the kid has crawled, almost walking, and can say Dada. I never thought I'd see the day, to be honest, because he's been sick; it isn't as bad as you think. He's making great progress.

And, maybe he was going to gain a little sibling...
-

As soon as everyone arrived, Frank brought Joey down to see everyone. Frank's parents were there, fusing over him; fixing his messy hair and pinching his cheeks. My mom got to hold him, gave him kisses, and messed up his hair again. Each of the guys held him, but Sisky, because he was still a little freaked out about babies.

Meghan and Mikey even showed up, and I sat with her, while everyone played with Joey, and Frank and Butcher went outside to barbecue.

"How are you, girlie?" Meg asked as we sat at the kitchen table.

"I'm good, how are you?"

She grinned at me, "I have something to show you," she started.

"What?" I asked.

She held up her left hand and continued to grin. I looked at it and noticed a big diamond ring on her ring finger; "Mikey proposed!" she whispered happily.

I smiled back, "That's awesome, Meg! Congrats!" I pulled her into a hug, "Did you guys pick a date?"

She shook her head, "We want it to be quiet for a moment...no one but you knows, so don't tell."

I nodded, zipping my lips, "My lips are sealed."

She put her hand on her lap, "I'm so happy, Sunny, I want to tell everyone."

"How come you're keeping it quiet?"

"You know Mikey," she rolled her eyes jokingly, "whatever makes him happy."

I shook my head, "Yeah, I know. I'm happy for you guys."

The rest of the evening we ate, then we opened Joey's presents, took pictures, and then we decided to cut the cake. I had tried to fix it up a little, but the damage was done. It wasn't that bad, but I felt a little embarrassed.

Frank sat Joey on his lap, in front of the cake, and pulled me beside them, "Light the candle," Frank said to me. I nodded and grabbed his lighter.

As the #1 candle was lit, everyone sang Happy Birthday. Joey clapped his hands, while Frank held mine. I sat beside him, and he leaned over, kissing the side of my jaw.

"This is the best day of my life," he whispered in my ear, "I love you, Sunny."

I looked back at him, "I love you, too, Frankie."

"...Make a wish Joey!" I heard my mom say.

Joey just looked at the candle, mesmerized by the flicker of fire. Frank kissed his cheek, "I'll blow it out for you buddy. What do you wish for?"

Joey looked at me, and grinned, "Ma-Ma!"

Frank looked over at me, "Ma-Ma is already here..." He hummed for a moment, "how about a little brother or sister?" I nearly jumped out of my skin. Everyone erupted with laughter, and I hit Frank jokingly; playing it off, "I was kidding!" he smiled at me, "How about some more sneakers?" Joey just giggled and Frank blew out the candle.

Everyone clapped, and I leaned over to Frank, "What'd you really wish for?" I asked him with a small smile.

"To spend the rest of my life with you," he kissed my lips; everyone awed at us. Frank just lifted his hand and flipped them off.
-

Later that night, after sneaking off to our bathroom, and hiding the test, we said goodbye to everyone, cleaned up and put Joey to bed. Frank and I just finished throwing the wrapping paper away, and I began to walk up the stairs, but he stopped me. He turned me around, at the bottom, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed his lips to my chin and my jaw.

"What're you doing?" I asked, lazily wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Valentine's Day isn't over," he mumbled softly, kissing at the base of my throat.

"In about 4 hours it will be." I chuckled.

"I have a present for you," he looked up from my neck, his eyes flickering lovingly.

I turned my head a little, "What is it?"

"It's upstairs, waiting for you." He gave me a smug grin.

I shook my head at him, letting him carry me up the stairs. He tossed me over his shoulder and carried me up; I laughed and held onto his shirt. He brought me to our room, sat me on the bed and then closed the door over. He came back over to the bed, his hand fiddled in his pocket and he pulled something black out.

"What's that?" I asked as he sat beside me.

"Your present." He leaned over to me. He pressed his lips to mine, quickly climbing on top of me, and smiled into the kiss.

"Don't tell me it's a car," I joked; thinking it may have been an automatic key ring.

"Your Honda is doing just fine," he smirked, "the piece of shit."

I slugged his arm, "Don't talk shit about my baby!"

"I was kidding," he giggled. He sat up, straddling my thighs, "but, I got you something special," he pulled the black "something" out fully. I noticed it was a black, velvet jewelry box. I knew what it was, but kept my mouth shut, but smiled, "I had a little speech planned but...I can't really remember it," he scratched his head.

I giggled at him, propping up on my elbows, "It's okay."

He tweaked his lips, "The only thing I can really say is that I love you, Sunny...a lot," I giggled again, "and I really mean it." His smile grew as he began to open the box, "Will you marry me Sunny?...And please say yes."

The ring was a small diamond, with a gold band, but I barely looked at it; I was too mesmerized by Frank smiling happily, so wide, at me.

"No shit," I chuckled, letting him slip the ring on my finger, replacing the glass ring; putting that on my index finger.

"We can plan this thing out or do the quickie thing--"

I cut him off, "Wait," I told him, "I have something for you."

He raised his brow, "You got me somethin'?"

"Maybe. But, you're gonna have to get off me so I can get it," I told him.

He nodded, climbing off me and sitting on the bed. I got up, walking out our room and towards the bathroom. I could hear him hum as I fiddled in the drawer to get the test. I finally grasped it and hid it behind my back; Frank was lying on his back when I came back in.

"What is it?" he asked impatiently.

I sat on the bed, hands still behind my back, "I didn't have a speech planned like you, but if I did, my head would've turned to mush by now anyway."

He eyed me, "What is it?" he asked softer, his smile fading a bit. I slowly pulled the test from behind my back and lifted it up to show him the two pink plus signs. He didn't say a word as he took it from my fingers, and shut my eyes for a moment; "Is this real?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah...I've been sort of sick lately, but not too bad, and I decided to get a test."

He dropped the test, his smile returned, and he pulled me on top of him. He cupped my jaw and kissed my lips repeatedly; before he started to kiss me with heated passion. I smiled, internally, holding onto his arms.

He pulled away, kissing my lips again, "Another one? We get another one?"

I nodded, smiling now, "Yeah."

His eyes glimmered, "Fuck yes," he kissed me again, "Fuck yes!" he repeated.

"I guess your wish did come true...about the little brother or sister, huh?"

He shrugged, "I guess so," he chuckled, "and I have one question, alright?"

I nodded, "What?"

"Can we name this one after Glenn Danzig?" his eyes filled a little hope.

"What if it's a girl?" I countered, raising my brow.

"We can call her Danzi."

I rolled my eyes, "We'll see."

He kissed me again, "How many times do you think I could tell you I love you tonight?"

"A million, Frankie."

"I love you," he pecked my lips, "I love you. I love you. I love you! I love you!"
♠ ♠ ♠
And, that ladies and, possible, gentlemen, is the end of Paint It Black. Did you like it? I told you guys it was gonna be cheesy! I really wanna cry, because it's over. I don't think I'm gonna write the triquel, and I'm sorry about that. It's really hard to figure out where I wanted to go with that, and it was all down hill, in my mind, and I never want to disappoint you guys. But, more than anything, I thank you all for reading/subscribing/commenting, they meant a lot to me. Thank you soooooo much!

Image

(gifs are awesome!)