Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Parker POV

I took him to a restaurant that I loved going to. I made Kelsey and Kasey go with me at least once every month. A super nice, older couple owned it. They'd moved here from Boston ten years ago. They said it was too fast-paced for them now that they're "getting up there." They didn't share most of this town's point of view about me. They liked me and knew me pretty well since I came there at least once a week.

Sure enough, Alice was sitting at the counter where she was perched most of the day, except when her husband came into the room. Then she'd jump up and start serving the customers, instead of having them give their orders to the cook and getting everything. More often than, not I would end up serving Alice her food.

"Hey, sweetie," she called to me, opening her arms, waiting for me to give her a hug.

I know. I actually hug someone. Who would have thought it? I unglued my hand from Ainsley's and hugged her.

"Who's this cutie?" She said, nodding in Ainsley's direction.

I smiled a little, surprising Alice. "This is my boyfriend, Ainsley," I chirped, proudly.

Alice screamed in a very fan-girlish way. "Oh! That's great! You two are so adorable together," squealed Alice.

Cade (Alice's husband) ran in carrying a broomstick like a bat. "Damn, woman! You can't be yelling like a banshee all the time. One day there's going to be a real problem and I won't come and save you, and then where will you be, old lady!?" Ainsley looked at Cade in shock, but I just grinned.

Cade is like one of those grandpas who sit in the attic and yell at small children to stay off their yard. (In case you hadn't noticed, they were in the attic because their poor families had to lock them in there to get them to stop bitching.)

"Oh, hey Parker. You've been making sure this old lady's been working, haven't you?"

I snorted.

"Me old? Look in the mirror, you old fart! Get your cellulite (And I'm truly sorry for this mental image) ass back to the kitchen!"

I rolled my eyes at their continuous arguing.

"Did they like just get married?" Ainsley asked, looking towards the kitchen to where Alice and Cade had moved their argument.

"No," I smirked. "They've been married for 35 years. Come on let's order." I vaulted over the counter and grabbed us two menus, then jumped back and led him to a table in the corner. I already knew what I wanted and Ainsley knew almost immediately too, so I again jumped over the counter and told Cook what we wanted.

Cook was a tall, skinny twenty-two year old, who worked here three days a week to help pay for college. He doesn't need the money, but he told me girls like it when a guy works. It shows that he'll be a good husband or long-term boyfriend. At least that's what Cook says. Personally, I think he's full of shit, but he doesn't need to know it. I sat talking to Cook for the five minutes it took to get our food.

Cook was telling me about his latest girl *cough* gold digger *cough*. I have no problem with most girls, but since I don't like boobs, I can at least judge a girl without bias, and I happen to know that Cook only goes out with skanks. They all have fake double D boobs that are falling out of their barely there (Sometimes I question whether or not the things they are wearing are actually shirts. Maybe more like scarves or a bra.), nasty attitudes about how they are not going to get their trust funds until they are twenty-five, and have so many STD's that they should come with a health warning.

I just nodded and smiled as politely as I could.

After what seemed like forever, Cook finally spared me from having to hear anymore when he handed me the food.

I ran back to Ainsley and he pulled me into his lap. "How about we do this on purpose?" Ainsley murmured, pulling me into a soft kiss. He didn't try to put his tongue in my mouth, or his hand on my ass. That's what I loved about him. He didn't push me. It was like he knew that I was new at this.

Wait! Do I really want him to know I'm new at dating from kissing me. I pulled away, suddenly feeling nervous.

"This is my first date," Ainsley whispered into my neck where he was leaning.

I smiled. "Me too," I said. We ate slowly talking about everything. It was like we were making up for all of our lost time. I found out that he'd lived in Sydney, Australia; Paris, France; London, England; New York City, USA; Vancouver, Canada; Seattle, USA; Los Angeles, USA; and now to this dinky town in Michigan. He liked dogs; playing basketball; eating doughnuts, neon green; Sydney Australia; and all kinds of great movies. Ainsley wanted to be a journalist. I felt like I knew so much about him already. I did know a little bit from before because we are friends and I did listen to him even when we weren't dating.

I told him that I liked dog and most cats (I had a Golden Retriever named Lulu and a kitten, whom I hate, named Rosie.); like playing soccer, writing and drawing pretty much anything; the same music he does, watching old movies, and I wanted to be a vet.

Before I knew it, we'd been there for three hours. We decided it was time to go home, so Ainsley dropped me off at my house. I'm not really sure why, but Ainsley walked me to my door, holding my hand.

"So…It's Saturday tomorrow. Can I come see you again tomorrow morning or afternoon?"

I couldn't help, but let out an excited squeak. "Yes! Of course," I yelped.

"Good. Around eleven?"

"Sure. See you then." He kissed me good-bye, whispered "See you tomorrow", and drove away.

I walked inside to pick up my cell phone. Better check my messages and see what the damage is…26 messages! Kels is like my girlfriend! (Hypothetically, of course.) The messages ranged from, "Parker! Are you dead? Please reply!!!" to Okay, you little brat! This isn't funny!!! Pick of the phone, or so help me!"

I texted her back saying, I fine, thanks. No, I'm not dead and I would prefer to keep it that way. I spent the day with Ainsley. He asked me out and we lost track of time!!! So, excuse ME for not answering my phone. I left it at home this morning. Sorry. Later, Parker.

About three seconds later, I got a hysterical text from Kelsey and a calmer one from Kasey.

PARKER! I'M SO SORRY!!! GIVE ME DETAILS NOW!!! DID YOU KISS HIM? WHAT WAS IT LIKE? NO! DON'T GO TO BED UNTIL YOU REPLY! OH, WHO AM I KIDDING? OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO GET TIRED OF SOCIAL CONTACT AND STOP ANSWERING ME! SO I AM JUST GOING TO HAVE TO COME OVER! ME AND KASEY ARE GOING TO BE THERE IN TEN MINUTES!!! BE READY! THAT INCLUDES MAKING POPCORN AND READY FOR A LONG TALK!!! UNTIL THEN… That was Kelsey's letter in case you hadn't noticed.

This was Kasey's: Parker, I'm sure you've read Kelsey's letter and by now you know that you should probably run away. My advice to you is to run faster! Kelsey is already talking my ear off and we haven't even got there yet. P.S. I don't even know why Kelsey gave you ten minutes warning. Maybe she wants you to run away?-Kasey

I laughed at my stupid friends, but decided I should probably make some popcorn. While it was in the microwave, I changed into pajama pants and an old Led Zeppelin T-shirt.

Kelsey threw open the door, like she always did and jumped on me. "Oh, my little Parker is growing up!" She shrieked.

Kasey grinned at me. "It's about time someone started dating around here," Kasey said with a sigh.

"He's been like this all day," Kelsey said, giving her brother a weirded out look.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Another sigh.

I glared at him. "You will tell me."

"I will, eventually. I promise…It's just…I just need to think some things out first," he finally muttered.

I nodded. "T-tell us w-w-when you're r-ready," I told him.

He smiled, slightly. Great. Now I had a mystery. But I can do it. I'm like Nancy Drew! (Make some smart comment about that and I beat you with an angry sheep.) Cause Nancy Drew has a boyfriend and two best friends you know. Don't doubt me!

We spent the rest of the night talking about boys (Not Kasey obviously.) and eating popcorn. We watched Hoodwinked (Which I knew every line to.) and finally passed out about three in the morning. I couldn't wait to see Ainsley.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Suscribe!