‹ Prequel: Lullaby And Goodnight

My Father, My Brother

Favourite

I guess Gerard didn't notice me sitting in the MSI bus behind Lindsey, but he sure did when he heard my frustrated yell and possibly when I pushed past him to storm away from there as well. That could have been a big hint.

"Ellie!? I didn't know you were there! Please let me explain Sugar." He called after me, running to catch up.

"You don't need to explain Gerard! You're getting married, so is Frank, my family will always be broken. I get it!" He stopped dead in his tracks, watchin me walk away with the most heart breaking expression on his face. I stalked back to the MCR bus and jumped in, skipping the steps and went straight to the rat cage that Gerard had let me place by one of the couches. I talked to them and told them about how annoyed I was until I was calm enough to face another human. It just so happened to be Mikey that turned up first.

"Hey kiddo whatcha rambling about?" He smiled and helped himself to a cup of coffee. I sighed and leaned my forehead against the cage, tearing up slightly.

"Frank and Gerard are never getting back together, are they Mikey?" I asked rhetorically. I heard him sigh and it was at that point I broke down, crying to myself. Immediately he came and wrapped his arms around me, and I turned to cry into his chest.

"Ellie, adults break up. A lot of families aren't together anymore, but even if the adults don't love each other anymore, that doesn't mean that they don't love you. I know you're number one to both of those guys, and they've only done what they think is best." He took me and sat me on the couch with him, his hands taking mine between his.

"Would you rather Gerard and Frank stayed together, and were miserable, or let them lead their lived seperately and be happy? Either way they'd still love and look after you, the only difference in the two scenarios is where they live and how happy they are."

"Of course I want them to be happy Mikey, but I see the way they still look at each other, just like they used to and I'm scared they're only marrying because they feel they have to, or to get one up on each other. I don't want them marrying and being miserable with someone else."

"Wait... They're getting married!? I nodded sadly and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

"Oh boy." Mikey whispered to himself. I looked up at him questioningly with teary eyes. He placed his hand at the back of my head and kissed my forehead, then stroked my hair.

"I'll have a word with them both about this. Don't worry Ellie, you'll see how good a step mom can be. Jamia and Lindsey are both decent women, you'll be fine okay? Now, chin up. I don't like to see my favourite niece upset." I laughed a weak laugh and sniffed.

"I'm your only niece." He grinned and hugged me.

"Exactly, and that's why you're my favourite."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah I know this one is MEGA short but it's only cause mum's making me go to bed since it's christmas eve and she wants us up stupidly early for no reason. Plus this is kinda just a filler chapter until I can skip a bit of time in the next one. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Feliz Navidad!