In the Middle of a Gun Fight

Chapter 4

I’ve never been good at interviews, presentations.

Talking to people.

And, an audition wasn’t much better.

It was 15 minutes till three, Gerard and I sat, awkwardly, in chairs in a short hallway, just outside of a door that Bryan had went into a few minutes earlier.

“You nervous?” Gerard questioned, making me jump. I removed my finger from my mouth, fingernail chewed down to the nub. I sighed, nodding. He took my hand, gently, grinning for comfort.

“That makes two of us, sugar,” he winked, rubbing his thumb on my skin, softly. I bit my lip, smiling, slightly. At least someone’s here to feel the nausea with me. Bryan popped out of the room, grinning in our direction, waving us over. I took a deep breath, standing, pulling Gerard with me into the room.

The recording studio.

A man sat, patiently, on a stool, smiling in our direction as we stepped in.

He was pretty.

His raven black hair covered his right eye, the other, chocolate brown, glimmered in the lights. His smile was white, spreading across his face like the Cheshire cat. He wore a purple and black striped hoddie, hood up. His black jeans were too tight around his lanky legs, and I think he liked it that way.

“Hey, I’m Max,” he stood, making a path for my hand. I held it out, gratefully, only to shake his.

Instead, he kissed it, looking up at me through his eyelashes. I blushed, taking my hand back and running it through my hair with a, “Sam Reed.” Again, he grinned. Only then did he turn to Gerard and shake his hand, firmly.

“It’s nice to meet you both. This is my record label, Reprise. Bryan said some really good things about you two. I’d very much like to hear.”

Gerard and I nodded as we were lead into the booth. The butterflies in my stomach seemed to flutter uncontrollably as we sat down on the two stools that were set up in front of a mic.

“All you gotta do is sing somethin’, that’s it,” Max grinned, stepping out of the booth. I took a few deep breaths, wondering what Gerard was thinking.

“Are you ready?” I jumped at Max’s voice over the speaker. I gave a thumbs up, probably looking green.

“Are you ready?” Gerard questioned, taking my hand in his. New butterflies flew from my stomach to my chest. I nodded, smiling a goofy smile.

“Go ahead,” Max called. I breathed once more, picking up my guitar. Gerard came over early-earlier then I expected, seeing as how I was still asleep-and we wrote a song together. We figured that if we did this, we should do it right.

Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

When after all this time that you still owe
You're still, a good-for-nothing I don't know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
Is where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow

So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can
Whoa, whooa

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Well come on, come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday


My heart was beating in my stomach during the seconds of silence that followed. Before Gerard could even breathe, Max came bursting through the door, smile plastered on his face.

“That was brilliant!” He screamed, embracing us both in a hug. My eyes were wide. I wasn’t sure if it was from the hug or the experience. Either way, I felt like I was going to throw up.

“You two are incredible, and I’d love to hear more,”

Hands were shaken, times were given, and me and Gerard were shocked into silence as we drove back to his house to tell his mother the fantastic news.

“Can you…?” I partially questioned, trying to mimic the feelings with my hands.

“Not really,” he breathed, turning down a street and stopping in front of a blue house.

“We just…” I motioned toward my throat. Gerard laughed lightly.

“Sang for a record producer, yeah!” he replied, turning to me with the widest of smiles.

“I don’t think I can…fathom my emotions,” I felt my eyes get slightly misty and I laughed at myself, wiping the tears away. I turned to Gerard, eyes as wide as my smile.

“I hope you’re ready for another adventure,” he chuckles, removing the keys from the ignition. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“…What do you mean?”

“You’re about to meet my family!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this just sitting, unfinished, in Word. I finally finish, and it's crap xD I'll have the next up soon. Comments would be veryyyy nice. thanks :3