Status: Awaiting Sequel! :)

On the Outside Looking In

Gerard

"Hey," the tattooed guard started "My name's Officer Haner, but you can call me Syn. And yours?" He finished. I looked up from holding my head in my hands.

"Uhh, Gerard." He didn't look surprised.

This guard was kinda different to the others. He had a nicer voice; more kind and funny.

"Hey Gerard, mind if I talk to you for a bit?" He asked. I felt rude saying no, so considering I had no cellmate to talk to I agreed.

"Yeah sure." I hoped to Hell he wasn't gonna interrogate me like I was phsyco.

He sat next to me on the bunk after unlocking, and re-locking the cell door again. I looked at him wryly from the side. He was attractive. Actually, he was DAMN attractive.

"So Gerard, what'd you do to be thrown in the can for life?" He asked with a near sarcastic tone to his beautiful...wait what? Just his voice.

"Uhh, I tried to kill my girlfriend. Kind of a long story."

"I've got time." Syn replied with a smile. He didn't sound patronising or angry, or even scared at all. This comforted me a bit.

"Well," I started with a sigh. I had to relive the whole story again. For Syn I didn't mind, as long as he carried on talking to me afterwards. "We were having dinner, and I decided that it was the right time to pull out a ring," I noticed Officer Haner sigh slightly. I decided not to stress it and continued with my story. "I showed it to her and asked her to marry me, and she laughed at me and said no. I got mad and tried to stab her multiple times."

Syn was watching me intently as I finished, and he just said "Okay, sounds like something I'd do," He said. If I'd have been drinking I would have choked at this point. I looked at him. "I'm Kidding!!" He said holding up his hands.

God this man was so damn attractive.

I studied him as we laughed. His hair was black and straight, cut into short, choppy layers. He must spike it up usually. His face had defined cheekbones, and his skin was tanned from the California sun. It contrasted with my garishly pale skin. His lips were perfect and he had a small tuft of a beard on his chin.
His body was well looked after. He must go to the gym, because his tattooed arms are so muscular that I just want to reach out and caress them. He had sleeve tattoo's all the way down both arms, and a few others I could see dotted around. His tight police uniform showed his muscular torso, carved in stone as it were. I couldn't tear myself away but I had to.

"So do you talk to all the prisoners like this?"

"Yeah, I like to find out their motives for crimes, or if they're ill or scorned like you." His face fell and so did mine as he said this. His for reasons unknown to me, and mine because I found out he talks to all the prisoners like this.

I don't know why I was feeling these things for a man I'd only just met, but I was enjoying feeling them. I didn't want him to leave but it was his dinner break and he had to.

He left and locked me back up. I slept peacefully that first night after my chat with Syn. It made me feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I wanted to make it clear that Syn is kinda sad about Gee having a girl before coming in here. He will find out when they get closer. Next chapters gonna be a nighttime checkup I thinks :) Gonna wake up in the night and realise Syn is watching him sleep in the cell because he needs to drug test his pee or something. I don't know