Soon You'll Scream My Name

You're Not Like The Others

During last hour, I was at my locker getting my things together. I never go to last hour anyhow; it's my study hour. When I was putting my algebra text book on the shelf of my locker I saw Hailey at her locker down the hall. She looked over and saw me. Her eyes quickly went back to her locker. I snorted as I slammed my locker shut. I started walking toward her as she was putting her books into her bag.
"Hi, sweetheart." I said smirking.
She glanced at me then bag at her books.
"You wanna get me back now or pretend you will later?"
Hailey slammed her locker shut with dropped her bag to the floor. I dropped mine behind me and rolled my jacket sleeves up to my elbows. Her green eyes were glaring at me so hard, I was glad looks couldn't kill. She looked like the kind of chick I would get along with great; skinny jeans, converse, band tee, black underneath her brown hair. Only if she wasn't a big of a bitch as I am we could be friends.
"Would you tell me why you slashed my tires?"
"You think you're going to be queen bitch of this school, don't you?"
I raised an eye brow. "Well that is my special title."
"It's mine here." She snapped.
"You can keep it." I said putting my hands up. "I wasn't trying to take anyone's title away when I came here."
"Seems like you are. You act just like I do."
"But I'm more of a heartless bitch than you are, honey." I smiled. "I would have left an imprint of your face on the pavement if Dakota wouldn't have pulled me away this morning."
"You just had a lucky shot."
"Want to try it again, then?" I asked.
She smirked. "Gladly."
I heard faint foot steps coming toward us.
"Goddammit!" I hissed. "Somebody is coming this way."
Hailey picked her bag up and started to hurry in the opposite direction.
"Oh, so you're a poser bitch?" I asked, holding my arms out. "I'd get in trouble if it means knocking the fuck outta you."
She turned back and flipped me off before she slipped into one of the class rooms down the hall. I shook my head and picked my bag up off the tiled floor. I turned around to face Caroline.
She had this look of disappoint me on her face.
"Were you about to fight Hailey?" She asked.
"Uh," I stuttered. "No?"
"Promise me you won't, Delta."
"Caroline, I know how to win a fight."
She press her lips into a straight line. "Promise me."
I gave in. "I promise I won't fight her. But if she throws a punch at me I'm taking a swing at 'er."
She gave a smile as the first bell rang; signaling the freshmen and sophomores to head to their lockers.
"So am I riding home with you?" She asked.
I nodded. "If you don't want to ride with Dakota and Ashton." I linked my arm with hers and headed for the exit. "Come on, Dakota knows where I live. He can find the place himself."

Now I was sitting on the bottom step on my porch, waiting for Andra's red Mustang GT to pull into the driveway and park next to my green Mitsubishi Eclipse. Caroline was sitting next to me, and Ashton and Dakota were up in the white swinging chair in front of the living room window. It's an hour after when Andra said she would be here and I'm getting pretty worked up about it.
"So is this chick even going to show up?" Ashton asked.
I didn't bother to turn around to glare at him. Caroline did it for me.
"Give her time, she probably got lost." Dakota says.
"It's only an hour's drive."
"Andra gets lost walking to her kitchen." I mumble.
"See! That's most likely it." Caroline says.
I rolled my eyes. If only that were true.
Another ten minutes went by before I began to give up hope. Then the all too familiar engine roar came down the street. I automatically shot up when I saw the bright red Mustang screech to a stop then almost go on two wheels as it turned into the driveway. Andra got out of the car and turned toward me. She and I both screamed like we always did and ran toward each other. I hugged her so tight she complained, "I can't breathe, Delta."
I laughed. "It's just that I've miss your ass."
She took a step back and turned around. "Really? My ass? I haven't got one, babe."
I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, just these tight jeans make it look like you do."
She flipped me off as I noticed someone getting out of the passenger side. The blonde hair made my heart skip two beats. Jamie walked around the car and stood next to Andra with his usual famous smirk. His hands were in the back pockets of his black skinny jeans and he asked, "Don't I deserve a greeting, too?"
I cracked a smile as I went over to him and wrapped my around around his neck. His arms pulled my waist toward his as I breathed in his addicting scent I missed more than I should have.
"I thought you'd never get out." I said into his gray V-neck. I felt him chuckle. "I was only in there for three months, Delta. Damn, you make it seem like a year."
I pulled away from him to look into his blue eyes.
"But it felt like it was a year."
He shook his head. "You're too attached to me."
"You can say that again." Andra said.
I stuck my tongue out at her as someone behind me cleared their throat. I pulled away from Jamie when I remember Ashton, Caroline and Dakota. I blushed as I introduced them.
"Guys, the tan bitch here is Andra and the blonde is Jamie." I bit my lip. "The innocent girl over here is Caroline, the tallest one is Dakota and the shorter pale one is Ashton."
"I'm not that much shorter." Ashton argued.
Dakota ruffled his hair. "Yeah, you are."
The two of them got into an argument as Caroline attempted poorly to stop them. I turned back to my old friends. Jamie was leaning against Andra's car as she stood with a hand on her hip and an eye brow raised.
"What?" I asked her as I mirrored her action. She laughed and stood regular. "They are adorable."
I jerked a thumb at the scene going on behind me. "Who? Them? Nah."
She nodded. "They are. Especially the one with the blue eyes."
I looked back. She's talking about my Ashton.
Dakota and Ashton still arguing over I don't know what now, I went over to them and stepped in the middle.
"Next one to say an insult is getting their dick ripped off, got it?"
Andra started to laugh when they both shut up. "That seems to always work." She said.
"Anyone who really knows Delta knows she'll really do it." Jamie said.
I looked at him and bit my lip. "So why don't we all go inside?"
"I brought movies!" Andra cheered as she reached through the opened car window and pulled out a a white plastic bag. "They're your movies you left at my house." She stated as she walked by me and up the steps to my house. Jamie put a hand on my lower back and lead me forward toward my house. I tried to ignore the look that Ashton was giving Jamie.

"Now tell me again," Ashton said as he walked into the kitchen. I was currently watching the popcorn bag expand inside of the microwave. "How did you get to be friends with them?"
I turned around and leaned against the counter. "What do you mean?"
"Andra looks like a prep and Jamie looks like a nerdy innocent kid."
I snorted. "They are the total opposite of that."
He rolled his eyes. "I noticed."
I turned back around to get the popped bag out of the microwave and pull it open. I took a bowel out of the cabinet and poured it in as Ashton said, "Andra is pretty hot. Mind if I hook up with her?"
"What the fuck did you say?" I turned to look at him.
He put his hands up. "I'm kidding. I won't go near her."
I didn't believe him. The look on his face said he was lying.
"Liar." I mumbled as I tossed another bag of popcorn into the microwave.
He came over to me and I looked up at him. "Seriously. I'll be on my best behavior."
"I don't believe you." I said, quieter this time.
"I'm trying to get noticed by a girl at our school. I don't need Andra."
Our faces were inches apart. His ice blue eyes were gazing into my own. Something in them told me he was being nothing but honest, but I didn't want to believe it.
"Who wouldn't notice you?" I asked.
Someone walked into the kitchen before he could open his mouth to answer me. We both looked over to see Jamie standing there. I couldn't read the look on his face. "Mind if I get a moment alone with Delta?" He asked Ashton.
Ashton shoved his hands into his jacket pockets and headed for the living room. "Sure, why not."
I felt bad, but I didn't know what to say.
The timer on the microwave buzzed and I took the second bag out and pulled it open. I poured the popcorn into the huge round bowel and threw the empty bag into the trash can under the counter.
Jamie came over and leaned against the counter where Ashton once was.
I looked up at him and noticed he was much taller than Ashton is.
"What's up with you and that guy?" Jamie asked.
"Who? Ashton? Nothing."
He raised an eye brow. "Didn't look like it a few minutes ago."
I rolled my eyes. "All he wants is a good fuck and that's it."
"So there is nothing going on between you two?"
"Absolutely zero."
He smiled and snaked his arm around my waist. "Good, you're still mine?"
I nodded my head. "Who ever said I wasn't?"
"I thought you would have moved on while I was in jail."
I snorted and shook my head. "I could never."
"That's quite wonderful to know." Jamie said as he leaned down to capture my lips with his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet none of you were expecting that.
All comments are welcome. (:

Andra & Jamie. :D

Song credit in title: ET by Katy Perry.