Soon You'll Scream My Name

I Got You Acting Like You Want More

Delta said she was going to make popcorn for our movie watching. A minute or two after she was gone I stood up and lied; saying I was going to the bathroom. Jamie gave me a sideways looks, as did Andra, Caroline and Dakota. I was pretty sure that Caroline and Dakota knew what I was going to do. Jamie probably, and Andra, I don't have the slightest clue. But I went in the direction of where Delta went and found her in the kitchen putting a bag of popcorn into the microwave.
"Now tell me again," I said as I walked into the room. "How did you get to be friends with them?"
Delta turned around and leaned back into the counter.
"What do you mean?"
"Andra looks like a prep and Jamie looks like a nerdy innocent kid."
Seriously, they do. Andra has long eyelashes, long curly brown hair, rich looking clothes and tan skin. Her features scream prep. Same goes with Jamie. His hair is shorter than mine and Dakota's, and the way it's placed reminds me of a nerd's figure. His big blue eyes and the look on his face when I first saw him screamed innocence. But then again, I shouldn't judge a person by their appearance, should I?
"They are the total opposite of that." She said.
Wow, way to state the obvious.
I rolled my eyes. "I noticed."
Delta turned back around to face the microwave as the buzzer went off. She took the bag out of the microwave and pulled it open. She then stood on her tip toes and took a large, round blue bowel out of the cabinet then poured the popcorn into it.
I thought about messing with her.
"Andra is pretty hot. Mind if I hook up with her?"
Then I wished I would have thought about that before I said it.
Delta turned and glared at me. "What the fuck did you say?
I put my hands up in defense. "I'm kidding. I won't go near her."
She probably didn't believe me. I was smirking and trying not to laugh.
I heard her mumbled the word 'liar' before tossing another bag of popcorn into the microwave.
I went over to her and and looked down. "Seriously. I'll be on my best behavior."
In a softer tone, she said, "I don't believe you."
"I'm trying to get noticed by a girl at our school. I don't need Andra."
That was the truth. I'm trying my best to get Delta to notice me and believe that I'm not just out for sex. Delta is the only person who hasn't given into me automatically after meeting me. At first all I wanted was a good fuck from her, but now things are different. I know how she is and I want to be with her. I've stopped fooling around with Charmaine and every other girl I used to just to prove to Delta that I can change; and believe me, it's hard as hell to go from a one night stand every night to a stay at home night with nothing to do but watch movies and play video games. I hoped she could understand this by looking into my eyes. Doesn't this sort of thing happen in movies? Where the girl can practically read the guy's thoughts and know he's telling the truth?
"Who wouldn't notice you? Delta asked.
Our faces were only inches apart. Right when I was about to lean down toward her, to show her who, some mother fucker walked into the kitchen. Delta broke our eye contact as I followed her gazed to see Jamie standing in the doorway of the kitchen.
"Mind if I get a moment alone with Delta?" He asked me.
I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jacket and headed back the way I came.
"Sure, why not." I said, trying to hide my anger and frustration.
Delta's probably glad I'm out of here so she could spend time with him.
But I didn't go straight into the living room. I wanted to hear what Jamie had to say. Apparently, after what I've put together, Delta has some relationship history with this guy and I want to know just how many odds are against me of being with Delta. I leaned my back against the wall kept quiet; listening.
"What's up with you and that guy?" Jamie asked.
Delta replied: "Who? Ashton? Nothing."
Well, that broke my heart. I wonder what Jamie would think if I were to tell him what went on between Delta and I back in the library.
"Didn't look like it a few minutes ago."
It really wouldn't have looked like it if you hadn't walked in on us.
"All he wants is a good fuck and that's it."
Does she honesty, really think that is all I'm after?
Why can't she realize I've changed!
"So there is nothing going on between you two?"
I could hear the smile in her voice. "Absolutely zero."
"Good, you're still mine?"
My heart fell down my chest. I could almost hear the sounds it made as it bounced off my ribs.
"Who ever said I wasn't?" Delta said.
"I thought you would have moved on while I was in jail."
Whoa, wait? He was in jail? What the fuck did he do?
I heard Delta snort. "I could never."
"That's quite wonderful to know."
I don't know why, but I peaked around the corner to get a glance.
Now I'm wishing that I hadn't.
They were pressed against each other; kissing.
My head fell as I made my way back into the living room.
I definitely don't have a chance with Delta now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm likinn' the 169 subscribers (; lmao.
But I even feel bad for Ashton D:
Delta broke his heart.

Song credit in title: Move Your Body by My Darkest Days. <3