Status: Complete.

This Is How I Disappear

School Days (prolouge)

“Come on, Delilah!” Caroline called while running towards the high school.

Here we were yet again, another bleak year of high school. Nevertheless, we were seniors this time.

“Caroline, where are you dragging me off too.” I exclaimed while Caroline was pulling on my arm eagerly.

“What do we usually do on the first day of school, Delilah ?” Caroline sounded greatly offended by my question, as if I had forgotten who she was.

What did we usually do on the first day of school; I had forgotten a lot from the past in the accident. Shit, thanks a lot Caroline. I had gone almost the whole morning without thinking about Noah.

“Wait here. I’ll be right back.” before I could object she was through the door, leaving me to wallow in my self-pity by myself as she often did. Do not get me wrong I love Caroline. She is a good person and all but, she just is not good with death. She told me one day soon after Noah’s death that she had never lost someone she loved. So, she really could not relate. That was usually one thing we had in common. We always said that we would rather not be hit with the idea of loosing someone the way everyone else had. Unfortunately, for me I had been smacked right in the face by it.

Completely ignoring my trance, Caroline yelled “Okay we are now officially Turner High School Cheerleaders!” Caroline had a smile of pure joy on her face, and she was rambling on about how that did not even ask us to try out, since we had been on the team every year since we were in second grade. But this year was different. Noah wouldn't be there in the stands watching me.

“No, I’m not cheer leading anymore!” I wailed. How could she think that I would just go back to my old smiley self? Noah hasn’t even been gone for 3 months. How shallow does she think I am?

“Why!”

“Because, I can’t wear that stupid outfit, learn all those ridiculous cheers, wear that fake smile and pretend that everything is okay. Nothing is okay. Noah is DEAD!”

“Your right Delilah, Noah is dead. So stop acting like all your crying and bullshit will bring him back, because it WON’T!”

I couldn’t feel anything. I couldn’t think about anything but the last time I saw my brothers face.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, this is my first story so tell me if you think i should continue or delete it please.
Comments please.