Status: Complete.

This Is How I Disappear

This spot in hell is where I belong.

Chapter Fourteen

Just as I was about to this a doctor emerged from nowhere and was approaching. I knew that what he said would either make me the happiest and luckiest woman alive or completely shattered my world.

"Are you, Mrs. Baker."

"No, I am Miss. Martin, but I am Zacky's Fiancee."

"Okay, well. He is alive but, this was a close call. We were lucky to save him but we did"

"Can we see him?"

"Only one at a time he needs his rest.  He has been asking for someone named Delilah."

"that's me."
 
I said goodbye to my Zacky's best friends and followed the nurse to his room.

I stood outside the door for what felt like forever, when I finally opened the door my heart shattered. I had always thought of Zacky as invincible, as my savior, my protector. And now here he was, in a hospital bed with tubes coming from everywhere. I felt the tears begin to roll down my face, as I went back to the night that he became my hero.

I walked in the dark with blood pouring down my face. I heard cars passing me by, none of them caring enough to stop.  I saw a familiar black Camaro pass me by, then heard a car door slam shut.

"Delilah!" Zacky yelled as he ran to me

I kept walking.

"What happened?" He asked when he finally caught up with me.

"My fucking mother, that's what happened!" I said turning to face him.

As he took in all the blood on my face, I saw something in his eyes change. For the first time, I saw him Angry, angry enough to kill.

He took my face in his hands and very gently placed a kiss on my lips, before lacing our fingers together. He walked me over to the car and I got in.  Now, I have never in my life been afraid of Zacky, but I am at this moment. He got in the drivers seat and drove, fast, In the direction of my house.

I didn't speak, I hoped to god that my mother was gone.  As we pulled into the driveway I realized that I wasn't that lucky, for there sat her car in the driveway.

Zacky looked at me and spoke calmly, "stay in the car. I'll be right back."

He got out before I could protest and walked up into the house. I heard yelling then I saw my bedroom light flick on. I sat very still and quiet hoping to hear what was going on.  I distinctly heard Zacky call my mom a 'god damn bitch' as he walked out the front door, towards the car.

"You are staying with me for awhile okay."

"What about your parents?"

"luckily they are gone to visit family in Georgia."

"Okay."

"Now let's get you home and cleaned up." Zacky said with a smile. 

"Thank you, I love you, Zacky." 

" and I you dear."

He pulled from the drive toward his house. This man is my hero.


Zacky's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and saw Delilah sitting at my bedside.  I haven't seen her in a long time.  I mean I have seen her but my vision was controlled by the monster. I looked into her eyes, for the first time in months.  It isn't until now that I realize how much I have hurt her, how much I almost lost, How glad I am that Jimmy sent me back here. 

Should I tell Delilah what happened? Will she think I am crazy, will she try to have me committed?

As I am looking at her I realize that she is crying, and I instantly hate myself. How could I put that expression on that beautiful face.  Yeah I have seen her with this tortured look on her face before but, I was never the cause of it, I was the one fixing her and making her smile again. 

I reached out and grabbed her hand as I spoke. "I am so sorry, Delilah."

"I know you are, Zacky. But, what I don't understand is why."

"You left me. And I am nothing without you."

"I know." she said as she started to cry again "This is is all my fault. I should have went after you that day instead of trying to give you some space. I shouldn't have left you, not when I knew what you were doing to yourself. I especially shouldn't have left with the man you believe me to cheating on you with, which I am not by the way."

I sat there an let her vent like this for a few minutes, until I finally had all I could take. 

"Delilah, this is not your fault it is my own fault okay. I need to face this and accept that if  I'm going to kick the habit."

She looked at me and smiled. 

"you mean it. You really are gonna stop."

"Well duh, how else can I win you back."

She moved closer to me and placed her lips on mine for the first time in what seemed like forever. I attempted to deepen the kiss, but was interrupted by a movement that I caught in my pervival vision, and I pulled away. 

"I love you, Zacky. And you never lost me. I am sorry that I put you through this."

"this is not your fault"

"He is right, it's mine." I heard Brian speak from the doorway

"Delilah, Can I speak to Brian alone please." 

She reluctantly left me alone with Brian. I looked at the man that had once been my best friend but now seemed like nothing more than a memory. It is now that I remember what Jimmy said to tell Brian, and it is now that I realize that I have to tell Brian.  For I can see it in his eyes that he is a broken man, in dire need of something to give him hope.  And shockingly enough I was that person.

"Brian, I have a message to pass a long to you, from a very dear friend of ours."

"And who might that be, zacky"

"Jimmy."

I saw the look on Brian's face sink. He walked towards me and sat down in the chair Delilah had just been in, and looked me dead in the eye.  I could tell that he thought I was insane, hell I would yo if I was him.  But I couldn't help but believe that what I saw was real.

"Brian, I am not crazy. Jimmy told me to tell you that he loves you and that it is your turn, whatever the fuck that means."

Now I guess it is my turn to think that Brian is insane because now he is laughing his freakin ass off.

I guess it's my turn to think he is crazy. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is not how I wanted to end this chapter but oh well

=]