Sequel: Hey Butterfly

Undead

Chapter 18

Chapter 18
I wake up and instantly run to the bathroom to find the door shut. Somehow I knew who it was, “DANIEL GET OUT THE BATHROOM!” I yell as I slam my hand against the door.
Quickly he opens the door, I push him aside and run to the toilet at Blake’s lovely morning sickness comes up. Danny stands behind me and pulls my hair behind my face and starts to rub my back.
“Calm down” he whispers. “Don’t get yourself worked up.”
This was usually Jorel’s job, “Where is Jorel?”
Danny sits down on the edge of the tub but continues to move his hand up and down my back, “He went food shopping.”
I try to stand up but instead cause myself to get sick again. When I finally stop gagging I look up at Danny “So you decide to take over his job?”
“I’m trying to be nice” he replies sharply. “Seriously, I don’t spend every second thinking of ways to get in your pants.”
I simply blink at him.
“You’ve given me a house, food, and a family. Plus you did this for me the morning after we celebrated my birthday” he says then kisses my forehead. “Think you can stand up now?”
Slowly I get to my feet, he wraps his arm around me and walks me out to the kitchen. Carefully, I lower myself into one of the stools next to the counter. Danny starts moving around the kitchen. He fills the kettle then puts it on the stove to boil, next he searches for a mug, and then for a tea bag.
“Are you seriously making me tea?” I asked shocked.
“Yeah, let’s see you have made me how many meals? I think I can at least make you a cup of tea after you just puked due to George knocking you up” he responds, grabbing the milk from the fridge as I hear footsteps behind me.
I jump as George puts his hands on my shoulders, “Whoa I forgot you were here” I admit to George as he starts to massage my shoulders.
“Thanks. I’ll remember that in a month” George says jokingly. “So Willow, what are you getting me for my birthday tomorrow?”
Shit I had forgotten all about it, hopefully Jorel didn’t. “You’ll find out tomorrow.”
Danny places a cup of hot tea in front of me, “I am such a nice person.”
“Danny made you tea?” George asks sounding as shocked as I was.
“Yeah, payback for the millions of meals I have made for him.”
Suddenly the front door swings open, Charlotte walks around the corner smiling as George kicks the door shut.
“Hello darling” I say sweetly, picking up the cup of tea then blowing on it and taking a sip. “Danny you made this perfectly!”
“WHOA! Wait! Danny made you tea. George is rubbing your back. Where is Jorel?”
“Shopping” Danny answers, stealing my cup of tea.
“Speaking of shopping, have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?”
“Not yet.”
“It is a shame we missed black Friday.”
“Oh yeah a real shame!” I say sarcastically, stealing my cup back from Danny.
“Who do you have left?”
“Let’s see” I think back to what I bought the other day. “I have Mathew, Dylan, Aron, and you, done. I need Jorel and these two fags. And stocking shit.”
“Nope I got stocking shit” Charlotte tells me as Danny starts to complain about me not getting him something yet. George just stood there quietly.
“I find it funny that you and Jorel are the ones I actually have a present for” Danny complains.
“Dude, shut up. You don’t got shit and I know because you just asked me what to get Willow” George tells him, clearly pissed off.
“If you want to know what to get me, ask the expert” I say as I point at Charlotte.
“Psh I think I know you better than Charlotte does” Jorel says as he walks through the door. He puts down the Shaw’s bags in the kitchen and hugs me.
“Hi Cutie” I say, kissing his cheek.
“Hello beautiful.”
“Hi Jorel!” Danny yells as he runs and hugs him then kisses his cheek.
“HI BABY!” Jorel yells back and full on kisses him.
“Aww gay love” George says from behind me. Instantly both the guys smile at him and walk towards him. George runs down the hall and hides in Blake’s room. “I’M NOT GAY!”
“Oh Georgie, come here” Danny calls in a high voice.
“NO!”
I turn and look at Jorel, “Come here baby.”
He walks over to me, smiling, “Yes?”
“Kiss me?”
“You never have to ask” he says then kisses me slowly.
“Okay seriously. YOUR ROOM IS DOWN THE HALL!” George shouts finally coming out of Blake’s room.
“What? Don’t like seeing us kiss?” I ask George. Instantly I regret it when I see the pain in his eyes.
“Fuck off, Willow” He says then storms out of the house.
I look up at Jorel, “I need to go get him.”
“No, I will.”
“No, Jorel. I have to. Just let me go” I say tugging at his arms that were now around me.
“Fine” he says then reluctantly lets me go.
“Thank you” I say as I hop off the stool and run out the door after George.
“I’m over here, Willow” I hear him say from the flight of stairs going up.
I walk over to find him with his head in his hands and his shoulders shaking, “George what’s wrong?”
He looks up at me with tears rolling down his face, “The girl I love, and who happens to be carrying my child loves to make out with her boyfriend in front of me.”
I sit down next to him, “George I didn’t think you still loved me.”
“Of course I do. That shit doesn’t change overnight.”
“But George…”
“No I get it. You love Jorel. He is your boyfriend. The one that protects you. I was just the one night stand that happened a few times.”
“George Mathew Ragan! You know it was more than that!”
He stands up and looks at me, “No it wasn’t! You wanted sex.”
“I WANTED YOU!” I shout as I begin to cry.
He sits back down and wraps his arms around me, “I fucked up again. I always do.”
“George stop. I love you but not like I love Jorel.”
“What do you mean?” he asks wiping the tears from my face.
“I love you as my best friend.”
He smirks at me, “Do you always fuck your best friends?”
“My guy best friends, actually yes I do.”
“Well” he says in a serious voice. “That needs to stop.”
“It has” I tell him. “Thanks to Jorel. I really do love that boy.”
“I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder about your love to him.”
“Why?”
He takes a deep breath then looks at me, “Because…”
“Because you are a whore!” Mathew yells from the top of the stairs.
“I am a slut not a whore. Get it right Mathew” I say attempting to trip him as he walks down the stairs.
“HEY NO NAUGHTY WORDS AROUND BLAKE!” He yells as he shoves me out of his way.
I watch him as he walks into my apartment. “Why do I deal with him?”
“Because he is like your brother now” George tells me, smiling.
“That man will NEVER be like my brother” I tell him then hug him, taking in his warmth. “You are my best friend.”
“I know, butterfly. I know.”
“Babe?” I hear Jorel call from the doorway.
“Yeah?”
“Can you guys come back, yet?” I could hear the concern in his voice. I lean over the railing and blow him a kiss.
“Yeah, I’ll be right in cutie.”
George stands up as we hear the door click shut. “Maybe you just shouldn’t date anybody.”
I look up at him, my all American best friend, “I really shouldn’t but I really do love that man.”
He grabs my hand and leads me down the stairs to the door, “I know you do.”
I open the door to see Danny laughing on the couch, holding the scrapbook Charlotte gave me for my birthday, “DANNY!”
He looks up at me smiling, “Hello Sexy!”
“Who gave him the book?”
“Nobody” Jorel says from next to Danny. “He found it.”
I walk over and sit on the other side of Danny, he turns the page at I sit down to a picture of me and Jordon. I was sitting in his lap, on the bus, and we were making out. “Before I was pregnant.”
Danny smirks at me, “I can tell.”
Jorel reaches over and turns the page to a picture of me, him, and George. I was on George’s back, leaning down to kiss Jorel’s cheek. On the opposite page was a picture of me and Jorel dancing in a parking lot. We were both clearly drunk, but we capable of dirty dancing without falling over. “I like that picture” Jorel says winking at me.
I shake my head as I get up and walk into the kitchen. “I WANT FOOD!”
“Then make something” Mathew says blankly.
“Mathew, I swear I’m gunna kick your fucking ass.”
Jorel walks around the corner and hugs me, “What do you want, babes?”
I smile up at him, “Do you really have to ask?”
“Chinese food.”
“You know me so well” I kiss his cheek. “Can we?”
“Yeah. Do you want to go out or have it here?”
“Can we go out? I never get out of the house.”
“MAYBE BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT EVERY DAY!” Mathew yells from the living room.
“Mathew I’ll start crying because of you pretty soon” I say as I start to pretend to cry. “Then Jorel will kick your ass.”
Jorel starts to laugh as he kisses my forehead. “Yes I would.”
“Can we order some fucking food?” George calls from the living room.
“No. We are going out!” Danny yells as he walks down the hall.
“Well then Willow needs to fucking get dressed!” Mathew shouts.
I walk out into the living room and look between the three of them “Can we stop shouting?”
“NO!” Mathew yells right in my ear.
“Mathew!” Charlotte yells then slaps his arm.
“What?”
“Don’t yell in her ear!”
Jorel grabs my hand, “Come on let’s go get dressed.”
I walk down the hall with Jorel, ignoring Danny’s comments. We walk into the room and shut the door. He leans against it and just looks at me, “What?”
He steps towards me, “You’re adorable.”
“Thank you.”
He kisses my neck, “You’re welcome.”
“Jorel, we need to get dressed” I pull away from him gently.
“One more minute” Jorel begs.
“No, Mathew is already pissed enough. George is hungry. And everybody else will be pissed soon enough” I tell him as I open my shirt drawer.
“Fine” He says pissed, sitting back on the bed.
I turn and look at him, “Would you mind not turning into Jordon?!”
He simply looks at me as I start to cry.
“Do you see me, Jorel? I am 3 months pregnant. I am sorry I can’t fuck you, are you over it yet?”
He stands up and wraps his arms around me, “Willow, calm down. I am not turning into Jordon. I just forget that you are pregnant. All I see is a beautiful girl standing in front of me.”
“Jorel stop.”
“I can’t. What do you want me to do? Stop loving you? Nope can’t do it.”
I rest my head on his shoulder, “I don’t know. I give up.”
“You can’t give up. I need you.”
“STOP FUCKING AND GET DRESSED!” Mathew yells down the hall.
I smirk at Jorel, “Don’t worry about me. Just pregnant crazyness coming out.”
He kisses me, “I will always worry about you.”
“I need to get dressed” I wait for Jorel to get back on the bed before I pull of my Green Day t-shirt to put on a nicer shirt. I trade Jorel’s sweatpants for the only pair of jeans I still fit in.
Finally we walk back into the living room to find it empty. We walk down to the parking lot to find everybody already in the car waiting for us. We climb in and let Mathew drive us to a Chinese restaurant.
“About fucking time you guys got down here” Danny says from next to me.
“She couldn’t pick out a shirt” Jorel says jokingly.
“Yeah, sure. Nice excuse” Mathew says from behind the wheel.
We pull into the parking lot and climb out. Oddly, it was silent among all of us. We walk into the restaurant, Jorel holding my hand, Mathew holding Charlotte’s, Danny and George bringing up the back.
“Hi, a table for6 6?” the waitress asks as we all walk in.
“Yes please” I answer.
She walks us to a corner booth and lays down six menus, “Your waiter will be along shortly.”
We take a moment to silently figure out how we are going to sit. Jorel slides in on one side, then me, then Danny. On the other side George slides in, then Charlotte, then Mathew.
“I feel way too close to Willow” Mathew complains.
“Matt, you are as far away from me as you can possibly be” I point out.
“Uh no. You and Jorel could switch places then you would be even further.”
“Mathew just shut up.”
“I love how nice my fiancé and my best friend are to each other” Charlotte says in a fake cheery voice.
“We are so nice to each other” I tell her as our waiter comes to take our drink orders.
“Would you rather us be completely and utterly in love with each other?” Mathew asks Charlotte.
“Uh no thanks. I want you to myself” She smiles then kisses him. “Just like Willow wants Jorel to herself. Hence why she is giving him a hand job under the table.”
I look down and realized I had my hand on Jorel’s leg, “Wow I didn’t even know I had my hand there.”
“It’s is just an instinct for you to do it” Jorel says, smirking.
“Shut up, baby.”
“Oh you know you love me” He says, kissing my cheek.
“Anyways…” George says, feeling awkward. “What’s new with our other lovey dovey couple?”
“Well we kicked Dylan out of the spare room so we can paint it. So he’s sleeping on the couch” Charlotte tells us.
“When he is actually there” Mathew adds. “I got news though” We all turn and look at him as he fishes in his jacket pocket. Then he pulls out a velvet box, “I finally got Charlotte’s real ring.”
Charlotte starts jumping up and down as Mathew hands her the box, she opens it and gasps. “Mathew it is perfect!” She turn the box in her hand so I can see. It was perfect, for her. It was exactly like she used to describe her future wedding ring as when we were growing up, a small emerald on a gold band surrounded by smaller diamonds.
“Take it out and look on the back” Mathew tells her, she does as he says then reads out loud “St. Claire.”
Carefully she hands me the ring as she kisses Mathew. “I like it better than my old one” I say as I look it over then hand it back to her, then look down at me hand.
“Well yeah” She says, sliding the ring on to her finger. “You’d want a white gold band and instead of an emerald, you’d want a sapphire.”
I look up at her to see her looking at Jorel then she faces me. “Exactly” I tell her as the waiter comes with our food. I silently wonder what is going on between Charlotte and Jorel. Suddenly I feel my phone vibrate. I open a text from Jorel ‘Want Decker engraved on the back?’
I look up at him and smile, “Of course.”
He returns my smile and kisses me, his lips greasy from the food. “Love you baby.”
“I love you too” I turn away and catch George staring out the window. Carefully I move my foot under the table and nudge him. He looks at me, eyes turning red, and jaw clenched tight. Seeing him like this breaks my heart.
I hated this. I love Jorel but I hate hurting George. I need to figure things out. I need a break. I don’t know anything anymore. I’m surprised I haven’t given up yet. I feel Jorel squeeze my hand as a tear rolls down my face. I look away from him, towards Danny. Everybody was looking down at their food or just spacing out, so nobody notice me as I wipe the tears from my face. As I start to eat again I notice George looking at me. I paint on a smile and mouth to him that I’m fine. Moments later my phone vibrates next to my plate, a text from George ‘Don’t fake smiles with me, Butterfly.”
Jorel squeezes my hand again. Finally, I take a deep breath and calm down to let myself think that everything will be okay.