Status: Progressing

The Twins

Can I Help You?

Caroline Taylor walked into the headquarters of the BAU. There wasn't many people there right now. She stood by an office waiting. It looked like some one important used it. She spun around and saw a man walking up to her. She pulled Kaci tighter to her chest and gripped Kati's hand a little tighter. It's a natural instinct of hers after living in Ne York so long. He approached her.

"Hi, I'm Agent Hotchner. Can I help you?"
"I certainly hope so," she replied. "I'm looking for Agent Reid."

Agent Reid, Hotch thought. It's been a long time since any ones called him Agent Reid.

"His desk is right over there. He's not here yet, but you can wait for him at his desk."
"Thank you Agent Hotchner," she replied.

She walked to his desk and put down Kaci. She released Kati's hand.

"No running," she told them. "Just stand here and wait for Spencer. OK?"

Both girls nodded. She leaned up against his desk and looked at the two girls.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, adorable little smiles. They look just like me. That's a good thing too becau-

"Hello." She looked up. "Agent Morgan. Can I help you?"
"No."

"I'm Kati. I'm six years old. This is my sister Kaci. She's six year old too."
"Hi Kati. I'm Derek."
"We're gonna see Spencer today. We're surpising him."

Morgan and Caroline smiled because she had mispronounced 'surprising'. Caroline was tempted to grab her little girls so nothing would happen and they wouldn't get tricked.

Its not New York City. This is Quantico. This is a federal office, she reminded herself.

She glanced up and saw Spencer. He was smiling and she realized she was too.

"Spencer!" Kati screamed and went running to him.

Kaci, on the other hand, listened to her mother and didn't yell or run. Reid pick up Kati as she came running.

"How's my Kati?" he asked.

She giggled.

"I'm good. How are you?"

He smiled.

"I'm good, Kati. I'm good. Where's your momma and sister?"

He put her down and she grabbed his hand and almost dragged him to his desk where Morgan, Caroline, and Kaci were.

"Spencer," Kaci said reaching up.

He grabbed her and gave her a hug.

He's great with them, Caroline thought. Better then Michael.

"So Carrie," he said putting down Kaci, "what are you doing here?"
"I came to visit Richard and I figured I'd drop by. I hope I'm not a bother."
"No," Reid said. "No. Is Richard letting you stay at his house?"
"Yeah, but thanks for the offer."

Reid's cheeks went a little red. A blonde women walked by.

"When Prentiss gets here we're starting," she said.

Some one walked in the doors.

"So, like, now?" Morgan asked.
"Yes. Now."

"Kaci," Carrie said scooping her up. "Kati." She grabbed Kati's hand. "We got to go."
"But-" Kati challenged.
"Maybe Spencer can come play this weekend." Carrie glanced up at Reid, who nodded. She smiled. "Come on."

Kati resisted, but only for a moment and they left headquarters. Reid watched them leave. He watched until they were on the other side of the door and he could not see them any more.

"Who's that?" Prentiss asked, joining JJ, Reid, and Morgan.

"I don't know. A friend of Spencer's, I think," Morgan replied.
"Carrie. Her name's Carrie."
"I wanna know why in the world you would name your twin daughter Casey and Katy."
"You see how they're spelled. K-A-C-I and K-A-T-I."

Everyone looked at him, then left to the room.