Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

019.

-Aubree's POV-

It's been a couple of weeks since Leland and I have been together and things are literally perfect. We spend almost every minute together and I don't ever get annoyed with him. He really only goes to his house to shower and get new clothes. He makes me like I'm a thirteen year old girl whenever he's around me. It's like he could make me do anything he wants me to with his smile, but I know I have that same effect if not more on him. It's adorable.

I'm just worried that everything is going to crumble, because right now we are on our way to go get his boys and I'm probably going to meet Maui. Leland's told me some crazy stories about her and it really makes me wonder what he ever saw in her especially enough to marry her. And Leland will have to go back to staying at his house with his boys which is kind of sad but I'll live.

"We're almost here." Leland smiled. I knew he was excited to see his sons he just wasn't showing it that much. "Colbie is going to be excited to see you. He thought you were really cool at the arcade last time."

"He's such a cutie." I smiled smoothing out my shirt

We pulled into a driveway and I'm guessing it was Maui's beach house or whatever she was staying at for a little bit. As soon as Leland put the car in park I saw Colbie run outside and Dakota followed him along just walking.

"Hey guys!" Leland said opening his car door. He gave both boys a hug and Colbie was talking about how excited he was to come stay with him.

"Leland?" I heard a woman's voice. My snapped over in that direction and I saw a woman glaring at me. Well this must be Maui.

"One sec." Leland turned to me and got out of the car. I nodded and leaned back into my chair.

"Aubree! I didn't know you were in here." Colbie yelled.

"Hey." I laughed. I glanced back at his dad and Maui; I saw both of them walking back into her house. She better not try anything while he's in there. I rolled my eyes to myself and turned back to the boys. "Do you guys have your stuff?"

"I think dad's getting it." Colbie said getting into the back of the car and Dakota did the same.

"You've been quiet, Dakota. Are you alright." I asked.

"Yeah." He shrugged. I sighed looking at the front door waiting for Leland to come back outside. Maui probably doesn't have the best intentions at all. I almost texted him but then he came out with the boys' things with an angry Maui.

"Uh oh." Colbie said. I looked back at him and gave him a reassuring smile. "Mom always gets mad when she thinks Dad has a new girlfriend."

"Dude, obviously Aubree and dad are together." Dakota said. I looked over at him and furrowed my eyebrows together.

"What?" I asked.

"It's obvious." He said kind of laughing.

"Oh really? Hows you and you're little girlfriend? The one at the arcade." I said making his eyes go wide. I laughed and held up my hand for a high-five to Colbie which he gladly gave me one.

"Wait so are you Dad's new girlfriend?" Colbie asked. I sighed and nodded my head. "You win, Kota." He said as Leland got into the car.

"Win what?" Leland asked.

"Our bet." Dakota said. Leland gave me a weird look and I shrugged.

"About?" Leland asked.

"You and Aubree."

"Oh God." I said.

"Colbie owes me five dollars cause you two are together and I called it." Dakota said. Leland shook his head and laughed.

"Boys." I rolled my eyes.

~*~*~

Since it's been a little while since the boys have seen Leland's side of the family, we all went over to Duane and Beth's house. All three boys were outside with Duane Lee, Tim, Bo, Duane, and the other kids running around. I was in the kitchen with Beth and Lyssa.

"We need more Chapman girls." Beth said looking out the window. Lyssa then looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Lyssa." I said sitting down on a stool. I'm not having any kids anytime soon.

"I was just kidding." Lyssa laughed. "But Beth.."

"You're insane right?" Beth gave her look. "Why all this baby talk, Lyssa?" She raised an eyebrow at her. Bet was just kidding, but Lyssa smile and looked down at her hands. "Shut up!" Beth threw a hand towel at her.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I'm pregnant." Lyssa exclaimed.

"No way!" I yelled and ran over to her and threw my arms around her. "Congratulations." I smiled.

"This family keeps getting bigger." Beth said giving Lyssa a hug too. "You need to have a girl."

"If I could only control that." Lyssa rolled her eyes and smiled.

"When are you going to tell everyone else?" I asked.

"At dinner." She smiled.

"I'm so excited. I'm going to give that baby so many cute outfits boy or girl." I said making her laugh.

"You'll be one of the first to know what it is."

"Good! Wait, are you going to go on bounties pregnant?" I asked.

"She'll have to." Beth said.

"Figured." Lyssa shrugged.

"But you can stay and do office work during the first trimester and you won't go unless you have to."

"Thanks." Lyssa smiled. We all got quiet when we heard the back door open and closed. Everyone was going to find out anyway but it was Lyssa's choice when to tell them. A few seconds later Leland appeared in the kitchen.

"Hey." He smiled and wrapped his arms over my shoulders from behind and kissed my neck. I giggled and leaned my head back so he could peck my lips.

"Like I said, they act like teenagers around each other." Beth said making me roll my eyes. "You know it's true, Aubree, don't even think about rolling those eyes." She said joking.

"I have to go back out." Leland said.

"Okay." I said turning looking at him. He smiled and kissed me again.

"Colby and Dakota said they want to stay here tonight." He whispered into my ear, low enough to where I could only hear. I shook my head and laughed.

"Go." I said. He left but not before winking at me.

"I've never seen him like that in front of everyone with a girl." Beth said. "You defiantly bring out a new Leland, Bree."

"I don't feel like it. He hasn't told me he loved me since that night we got together."

"Maybe he's waiting for you to say it?"

"I told him first though."

"Just try and say it randomly see what he does. Leland doesn't really show his emotions like that, he turns everything either sexual or funny." Lyssa said.

"Okay." I said. It only bugged me a little that Leland hasn't said "I love you" I guess I just like the way I felt like a million bucks when he told me that. Maybe he just didn't think it was that big of a deal.

We finished dinner around an hour later because Beth wanted to cook something special for Lyssa's announcement, but since Lyssa and I weren't that much of cooks we made brownies from the box. Well, I can cook but Lyssa can't. Don't tell her I said that.

"Dinner's ready!" Beth screamed out the window and the whole Chapman crew came inside and took their seats. I sat next to Leland and Duane Lee, with Lyssa across from me. Everyone started eating and that's when Lyssa stood up. I smiled knowing she was going to make her announcement and when she did everyone smiled and congratulated her.

"I'm so excited." I said to Lyssa. This baby is going to get spoiled by me and I know Beth will spoil it too. Lyssa laughed and shook her head.

Everyone finished eating dinner and Lyssa and I's crappy brownies we made. She forgot to set a timer so they were a little burnt.

"I'm never going to let you cook again." Bo said to her. I laughed agreeing with him before going to over to where Leland and his boys were sitting on a couch.

"Hey guys." I said sitting on Leland.

"Is it okay if we stay here?" Colbie asked me.

"Why are you asking me, kiddo?" I laughed. "Ask your dad."

"I figured you would say easier than dad would." He said giving me a cheesy smile.

"It's fine, Colbie." Leland laughed. "Just get clothes from your stuff out in the car before we leave." Both boys went and did what Leland said before they forgot. I put arm over Leland's shoulder and extend me legs.

"We should probably get going soon." He said looking at the time on his phone. It was almost nine so I nodded.

"What took you so long to get outside at Maui's?" I asked remembering it.

"Well we got into the argument about how she doesn't want Kota and Colbie around you then she started going on and on about her and I could've worked things out and could have saved our marriage."

"I don't like her." I rolled my eyes. I was trying not to judge her even though everyone else says she's a bitch but I'm sure as hell not doing that anymore.

"Don't worry about it." He rubbed my shoulders and I leaned back into him. I can tell she means nothing well.

"Aubree!" I heard Beth call from downstairs.

"Coming." I yelled back. I got up from Leland's lap and went downstairs. "Yes?" I leaned against the door way. Beth was on her laptop with Dog looking through files probably for work. I swear whenever we have days off they still work at home.

"Did you say it to him?" She asked

"Say what to Leland?" Dog said being nosy. I sighed and shook my head.

"Just do it. You better say it before you leave."

"Beth, I'm not a "teenager" in a relationship. This is an actual serious one, I don't think I need someone--"

"Just do it." She said cutting me off. I sighed and went back upstairs. I feel like telling Leland I love him is turning more into a chore. I know you're probably like she's said it before and he's said it back what's the big deal? I'm nervous that he was just saying that he loved me not he is in love with me and with the whole Maui thing going on it'd be nice to here.

"Is everything okay?" Leland asked as I sat down next to him. I nodded and ran a hand through my hair. Now, I'm just sitting here wondering how to approach this and as if on cue Beth walked upstairs raising her eye brows at me.

"Leland I have to tell you something." I said loud on purpose for Beth.

"What?" Leland asked.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He chuckled. Beth walked back and had this I-Told-You-So-Look on her face. I laughed at how ridiculous she looked and when she went downstairs I kissed Leland's cheek.

"No, I'm in love with you."

"I'm in love with you." Leland told me.

Yeah, this Maui bitch doesn't have anything on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and make my day? (: