Status: Active!

I'm Not Anywhere Close to Perfect

009.

Aubree's POV.

"Alright, Bree. Talk to me." Beth said pulling me aside once we got out of the car.

"That's my step-dad." I said looking at the mugshot that was in her hands.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded. I know I'm twenty four and crying about a guy who my mom has been with since I was 8. It's just hard to face those memories I have basically haunting me all day, everyday.

"Why were you crying then?" Beth asked.

"Because." I said before I felt tears start rolling down my eyes again. She rubbed my arm to comfort me. "He was awful and mean. I haven't seen him or my mom since I moved out here." I said. Beth walked me over to a curb so we could sit down. "I didn't know he would come out here, let alone get on bond with you guys."

"Honey, it's not your fault." She said giving me a hug.

"It's not that though. He probably came out here to teach me a lesson about not leaving. He used to do that when I was younger."

"You're twenty-four. He can't control your life though."

"He practically did before I moved and he controlled my mom's." I said putting my head in my hands.

"What did he do?" She asked in a calm voice.

"He started hitting me when I was eight all the way until I was twelve." I said looking at her. "He even pushed me down the stairs, then things started getting serious." The look on her face was speechless. "The sick thing was, when I finally got the strength to tell my mom. She didn't even believe me. When I had proof on my arms and everything!" I said crying harder.

"Aubree. I'm so sorry." Beth said rubbing my arm again. "Do you want me to drive you home or can you make it through today?"

"I'll push through. Can I just get a minute by myself?"

"Of course, honey. I'll get someone to get you when we're leaving."

"Thanks." I nodded standing up and started walking over to a bench that was on a sidewalk and sat down and basically cried.

Leland's POV.

I watched Beth and Aubree go sit down on the curb and talk. I wanted to walked over there and hug Aubree but I know that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do and I would get told to go away.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Duane Lee asked. I shook my head. I saw Beth get up and Aubree walk in the opposite direction. "Now your chance go talk to her, lover boy." He pushed me. I rolled my eyes and just walked over to Beth.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's not my past to tell, you'll just have to find out from her. She wants to be alone though. Don't go over there." She said.

"But, Beth. It's me." I said. She raised an eye-brow at me.

"Yeah, so?"

"Never mind." I said shaking my head. Beth gave me a weird look and walked away over to my dad. Duane Lee and I followed them with Lyssa in the back of this house. We were just searching through and asking questions. The guy was obviously not here.

"Leland, go get Aubree but go to the cars okay? Don't let anyone see her." Beth whispered in my ear. I nodded and walked out. She was sitting on a bench looking the other way from me. I walked over and sat down next to her. She looked at me and sighed.

"We have to go to the car." I told her. She nodded and we went over to the car and got in. "Did I do something?" I asked her. She looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"What?"

"Did I do something to make you cry?"

"No, Leland." She said. I nodded and looked out the window and they still weren't out on their way out here yet. She sighed and I looked over her. I scooter over to her and put my arm around her. "It's going to be alright, Bree."

"Thanks." She smiled at me.

"Leland, we need you." I heard Duane Lee's voice over my radio.

"Be right back." I sighed getting out of the car. I ran back to the house and Duane Lee and my dad actually had George, our guy. He was resisting so I jumped in and took my dad's place and Duane Lee and I did our best to put him in the car. We buckled him up and the guys got in one car while the girls went in the car I was just in with Aubree.

"Sit your ass down and stay still!" My dad yelled at George.

"You guys are the ones that work with my daughter? That punk bitch." George said finally sitting down and giving up.

"What?" I asked him. "Aubree?"

"Or what I like to call her useless bitch." He laughed. That set me off, I don't know why but it did.

"Don't ever talk about her like that or else you'll be sleeping." I said.

"Once you guys know her better you'll get what I mean." He said rolling his eyes. "Wouldn't ever shut up, yells too much, defiantly not that pretty."

"Shut up." My dad said.

"I can't ride in this car, I'll end up punching this kid in the face." I told Duane Lee and my dad. "Send Beth in here."

"Why? Are you her boyfriend or something?"

"No. You shouldn't talk about her like that" I said. It seemed the best thing to do to shut up George. Of course this tweak head didn't so we kept listening to how much he hated Aubree all the way to the jail. I just gave up and shut up, you can't really try to talk to a druggie while he's fucked up.

"Okay." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and held the urge to punch him in the face in.

"Alright Duane Lee, go book him." My dad said. I got out of the car and went over to the one Aubree was in. I walked over to the side I knew Aubree was on and opened the door. It scared her a little bit because she jumped back. She laughed when she saw it was me.

"Hey." She said.

"What did he do to you?" I asked bluntly.

"Who?"

"George."

"Nothing." She shrugged.

"Come here." I said.

"One second." She said something to Beth and Lyssa before getting out of the car and I closed the door behind her when she got out. We both walked over to the across the street of jail and she gave me a weird look. "Why are we over here?"

"Is George your dad?" I asked.

"What?" Her eyes went wide.

"Is he?" She nodded and sighed. "What did he do to you?"

"He didn't do anything."

"That's bullshit. You would've told us straight up that was your dad if he didn't do anything."

"Leland, please." She whispered. I could tell she didn't want to go on about her dad anymore. I sighed and gave her a look. She breathed and I could see tears start forming in her eyes again. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a big hug. I could hear her start crying. I pulled back and looked at her. I wiped her tears away with my thumb and kissed her cheek when I was done. "I'm scared of him."

"Why?" I asked. She looked at me with these eyes that I could tell she couldn't tell me. I sighed and just pulled her back into another hug. "When you're comfortable enough to tell me what happened, I'll listen. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Leland, Aubree. Let's go!" My dad yelled.

"You ready?" I asked looking at her again. She nodded and we both walked back to our cars. We parted ways when I went into the car with Duane Lee and my dad and she went into the car with Beth and Lyssa.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, now I know it's been FOREVER but I was extremely blocked and prepare for more drama. I have the next chapter written so I need comments for me to actually put it up. :D It's a huge filler and not my best writing at all, I'm sorry. /: I give you all permission to yell at me. ;)
-lynnseyymariee;x