Terribly Fixated on You

05

"Green. You can't just not go again." Janet said as we walked toward the bleachers. I could talk about this with Janet because I knew that she wouldn't push me to go, she would just try and convince me to. I appreciated the thought, but it wasn't going to happen.

"Neon yellow. I already decided to not go. I'm just going to spend the day doing something else." I said walking straight up to the top of the bleachers once we got to them. The boys soccer team was in the middle of a game and so we squeezed in beside an older couple and sat down.

"White. Okay, it's your choice." Thank you. Our team was winning 3-1 but the West-side Pumas always caught up to us in the end. 'Go East-side Cougars' I thought quietly but never said out loud. Soccer was alright, not my favourite sport but Janet loved coming to watch the guys running around and all sweaty.

"Emerald." We were playing a game of 'The Last Letter' where you had to come up with a colour that started with the last letter of the colour said before it. It was a game meant for little kids but I always loved playing it. I wasn't so sure that Janet was going to be able to get the next one.

"Da-" She said and then pausing to think. "Dammit, I give up." I smiled at her mockingly and she shoved me a little bit while huffing in defeat. I don't think there was ever a time when she won this game. There was always a letter that would have her head scrambling for a colour that she would never be able to get.

I looked out toward the field and spotted a new player. At least I thought it was a new player. I never remembered there being a number 19 before. Numbers 18 and 20 yeah, but never a number 19. His back was facing me and I leaned forward and squinted my eyes enough to see his shirt better. McGreggory. Since when did Tyler ever like soccer? He hated the sport as a kid. He did look good in that green and white uniform though.

Janet and I watched a bit of the game before deciding to leave. When we got to the bottom of the bleachers Tyler had the ball and was about to kick it into the net. "Go Tyler!" I shouted. Goal. I smiled, clapped, and then walked away with Janet who seemed to be confused with me. She never said anything though, she just walked with me to my car and got in.

"Ice-cream?" I said rolling down the window a little bit to let the spring breeze through. I flipped through the stations on the radio before finding a song that I liked. The sun was going down a little bit leaving that 6 o'clock glow and I smiled because I loved it when it looked like this outside.

"Hell yeah!" Janet said enthusiastically and letting the roof above us roll into the back of my white car. I loved my BMW M3 Convertible. I didn't know much about cars, but I knew that I loved mine. I started to drive and Janet turned up the volume and let the lyrics of 'Summer of '69' by Bryan Adams fill our ears at full blast.

Instead of driving straight to the Baskin Robbins, I stopped over at my friend Caroline's house and picked up her and my other friend Lily. I felt like having a girls night tonight. It was a Friday night for god's sake and school had been such a drag this week. We hardly did anything at all in our classes but exam reviews and our exams weren't even until the end of the semester.

I drove us down to Baskin Robbins and we all ordered our ice cream and when we received them we sat down at a table. I had Cookies 'n' Cream because it was my favourite and the others all had some strange flavours that had just come out. The one that Caroline had which was somewhere along the lines of 'Chunky Munchy' looked like it would be good but I stuck with the flavour I knew and liked best.

"Are we going to that party tonight?" Lily said after taking a bit of her ice cream. I think she was the only one out of all four of us who bit her ice cream. I wanted to have a girls night but I knew that wasn't going to happen now with everyone's minds already thinking about drinking.

"I guess we are. I'll drop by the liquor store and since you're the only one who's 19 here, you have to go in and get me a few bottles of vodka." I said answering her question. We sat there talking about everything while we finished our ice cream. The majority of our conversation was about boys and how it was great that we were all single.

We all finished our ice cream and then got back in my car and drove down to the liquor store. I told Lily what I wanted and waited patiently with the other three girls while she went in and got it for me. When she walked out of the place and got back in the car she handed me three bottles of Smirnoff Ice - Pomegranate Fusion and the rest of the girls the drinks that they requested. I threw the bottles in the purse I had in my car and drove back to my house so that we could all eat and get ready.

"What are you girls up to tonight?" My mom asked when we sat down on the couches in the living room. We all just shrugged and then mumbled that we were going to go out and waited for her to leave the room. She knew we were going to a party even though nobody told her anything, apparently it was a mom thing.

"So I think we should just get ready and then grab a quick bite to eat from like McDonald's or something on our way over to the party instead of eating here." Caroline suggested as she flipped through the channels on the TV.

"It's almost 8 now anyways and by the time we're finished getting ready it'll be around 9. We can just chill out at a restaurant or something so that we don't get to the party too early." Lily said agreeing with Caroline. So that's what we did. We sat around for a few minutes after that and then went up and got ready. It was 9:30 when we were finished and outside about to get in my car. Everyone but me got in and I just stood there hesitant for a few minutes.

"I'll be right back," I said to them. "Janet, get in the back with them." She just looked at me confused but got in the back anyways. I smiled at them and then turned around and walked over to Tyler's house and knocked on his door. I was standing there for a little bit before he finally answered and stepped outside.

"Well you look different than before," He said crossing his arms and looking at my outfit. I was wearing skinny jeans, a cute white top with a leather jacket over it, and boots. My hair was in a curly pony tail with two pieces of curled hair at the side of my face. I was in part mode and my party style was the same but completely different from my everyday style.

"Want to come to a party?" I said crossing my arms and having the keys in my hand dangle from my finger. He looked like he was ready to go out anyways and so I figured that if he was going to come then he didn't need to do much.

"I'm going out!" He shouted into his house and then put on his shoes. I smiled at him before walking with him back to my car. The girls all looked shocked but incredibly happy when he got into the passenger side of my car.

"Guys this is Tyler. He's going to come kay?" I said as I got in. I didn't wait for them to say anything though, I just started driving to the nearest McDonald's. If you were going to be able to hold your liquor, you needed to have some food in your stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D