Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

Revenge Is the Sweetest Thing

I laid on Hayden’s lap again. He was lightly stroking my hair too. We were watching the greatest movie in the world, Titanic. I never knew a guy could be so sensitive and would actually agree to watch a romantic tragedy. Oddly enough, he was also crying.

I laughed when the movie was over and I sat up, “Are you seriously crying?” I asked.

He shook his head up and down and sweep the tear on his cheek with his hand.

“Pussy,” I muttered. I was a girl and yet, I wasn’t crying.

“Hey, I heard that!” He yelled, playfully.

I smiled, “Yeah what are you going to do about it?” I asked.

Hayden charged towards me and started tickling me. I screamed and laughed. I couldn’t stop laughing, it hurt my sides, but I was to ticklish to even think about stop laughing. “Ah, Hayden! Stop!” I yelled and laughed.

Finally he laid back on one end of the couch while I was still softly laughing. He started laughing too.

I looked at him, “What are you laughing about?” I asked him.

He smiled at pointed to the gory scene on the television. Somehow between our tickling fight the channel got changed and now we’re watching Saw. I rolled my eyes and watched the movie.

This was one of my favorite horror movies. I’ve seen it about a thousand times. I laughed as someone got thrown into a tub of needles. I looked over and watched Hayden with wide eyes. He was shivering and scared. He looked cute.

I stared at him at the other end of the couch. He hugged his knees and looked at the TV from behind both his knees.

For the first time I went by my instincts. I scooted a bit closer to Hayden. He looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes. I cuddled up to him.

Although I wish I would have followed my true instincts. I wish I would have kissed him…

*~*~*~*~*

I sighed as I looked up at the big building. Another day of torturer. Another day of fear. Just another day of high school.

As I climbed up the stairs, I didn’t think about Granger. I didn’t think about Liam. I didn’t think about all the kids calling me names. I didn’t think about my child. I didn’t think about my wonderful parents. I though about Hayden. Out of all this crazy stuff happening, all I could think about was him. I absolutely didn’t know why.

I smiled to myself as I made my way to my locker and got my needed books.

My locker suddenly closed as I got my last book. “So, how was your weekend?” Granger viciously smiled at me.

“Its not like you care, Granger. Get to the point, what do you want?” I asked her. I was tired of here bull crap. She was getting on my nerves.

She put her hand to her chest and faked no water tears. “Ouch, that hurt Summerlynn. I was just going to tell you about your best day today. But don’t worry, you’ll find out in third hour.”

I rolled my eyes and left Granger at my locker with that smile that could make anyone do anything she wanted. I didn’t know what she was talking about, but I sure didn’t want to wait till third hour to find out.

*~*~*~*~*

It was third hour. I was waiting for something to happen. Anything. Maybe a random amount of middle schoolers come to throw rocks at me. Maybe a bunch of God lovers would come and talk to me about the bible and God. Maybe everyone was just going to come in the classroom all at once and start pointing fingers and taunting me.

I don’t know what was going to happen. But my heart was beating hard and fast. Then when I looked over to the right, there was Granger, staring at me. Trying to kill me with her eyes.

If only looks could kill. I’d kill her too.

A new list of possibilities came to mind. What if teachers came in the room and started throwing parenting books at me? A helpful nightmare.

“Mr. Herding, please send Summerlynn Hermann to the office.” The intercom roared and echoed in the science room. I slowly stood up as the students in the class went ‘ooh’.

I took my time going to the office. Out the main building, down the stairs, to the right, the office. I looked up at the door. I didn’t want to go in. I knew I had to. I just didn’t want to. But what if it was something good? What if I got a medal or something?

Granger wouldn’t be that kind to get me a medal. The most kindness she would do is just leave me alone. Which she still hasn’t done.

I took a big sigh and opened the foggy glass door.

“Summerlynn Hermann?” The secretary at the front desk said right as I walked in. I nodded. “Go in Mrs. Jensen’s office, she’s waiting for you.” I nodded my head again.

sI took a big gulp. I made my way slowly to Mrs. Jensen’s office. I opened the door. As soon as I walked in she pulled out her hand from under her desk and pointed to the seat across from her. I took the seat she offered and slumped down.

“Well miss Hermann,” Mrs. Jensen started with her hands folded over a piled of papers. “It’s come to my attention many times about, your condition.” She pointed to my stomach. It was now getting plump and round. Anyone could definitely tell I was pregnant.

I put my hand on my stomach. “I have finally come to a conclusion about it. Miss Granger Jones brought me a packet of papers. Full of pictures and a petition.” She threw the papers my way. It landed in my lap.

The picture of me and Hayden was staring me in the face. The petition, was this what Granger was talking about? That stupid petition? The one to get me expelled. I knew she would go this far, I should have been watching out.

“Well Summerlynn, I should let you know that Granger will be getting suspended for three days.” Mrs. Jensen leaned back in her chair and looked at me from the other side of the desk. “Then you Summerlynn. Many of the staff members and myself think that you have set a horrible influence on the children here. A pregnant 16 year old. The only result is to suspend you till you have the child.”

I shook my head and looked down at my shoes. I totally understand. But I still don’t understand how a person could hate someone so much to get them out of their lives almost completely.

“You have to leave school territory today. Coming back when your well and you have had your child. Continue today as if it were a normal school day. At the end of school you will clean out your locker and leave school premises until six months.” I shook my head again.

Mrs. Jensen dismissed me. I quickly walked out the office. As soon as I was out I broke down. I slid down the brick wall and bawled my eyes out. Maybe the hormones were getting to my head.

But I knew one thing was for sure. I wasn’t leaving without a fight.

*~*~*~*~*

I was in the library eating McDonald's on a computer in the corner. The librarian let me eat; I was starving. Luckily I was almost done. The silence was killing me.

I skipped third, fourth, and fifth hour. It was now lunch. I had three pages. And one more, just like Granger.

One more page. I typed ‘Stop Granger from whoring around:’ and a big space for signatures to follow after. Perfect. I printed it, stapled the pages together in order, and made my way to the cafeteria.

I walked quickly, I needed the packet to get all the way around the lunch room, get to Granger, then finally confront her.

I opened the lunch room doors and the first table I saw I dropped the packet on. The people at the table looked at me in confusion. I smiled and went in the lunch line to grab a free milk. I leaned in the back on the wall and sipped my milk from a straw. I watched as the packet was going from table to table. People whispering. People smirking and laughing. People pointing at Granger.

Great. This is just what I planned. I wanted the same tourcher she planted on me to be put on her. I smiled people were laughing at her and pointing. She was panicking.

Finally the packet made its way to her. She quickly opened it and looked through. Faster than I had. Tears were streaming down her face, making her look scary. I smiled. This is exactly what I wanted. I wanted her to burn.

I slowly made my way to her. I circled her table half way and got behind her.

“Hurts doesn’t it?” I asked with a vicious voice.

She slowly turned to me with mascara running down her face along with the rapid tears. “You-you did this?” She stuttered. I gave her no smile and shook my head.

She stood up quickly and showed the first paper to me. “You said you would never tell!” She yelled in my face. The picture showed her and some other girl making out. Below the picture read big bold words ‘Granger Jones, gay?’

I wasn’t homophobic or anything. I just needed to prove a point. I think I proved it.

She turned the page and showed it to me. “This is way beyond low Summerlynn!” She yelled again. People started crowing around. We were making a scene. There were two different pictures. A picture of Granger going to get an abortion. Then another picture of Granger without any make up one. A truly horrid sight. Under the picture it read ‘Slut? Or and ugly slut?’

“Now this!” She shook her head and stopped mid sentence. I folded my arms and looked at the last page with pictures. It was a picture of Granger crying. She was holding a paper that read ‘HIV positive.’ That picture spoke for itself, it didn’t need any form of words.

Finally she turned to the last and final page. At the top in bold letters it says ‘Stop Granger Jones from whoring around.’ There was many signatures. Even mine. At the very top in large cursive letters. Summerlynn Hermann.

Granger threw the paper down and exited the school crying. No one followed her. It showed who was her real friends and who wasn’t. Everyone was yelling at her, which made her run faster and cry harder.

I folded my arms, about to exit the lunch room myself. I looked behind me. Hayden was leaning in the same place I was about ten minutes ago. He shook his head, very disappointed in me some how.

I shrugged my shoulders. He shook his head again and moved his head towards the door Granger went out of. I stomped and went out of the lunch room, following Granger. I guess I was her real friend.

The things this boy makes me do.