Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Getting Ready

After the jocks left, that I still don’t know the names, nor do I intend to find out, another knock sounded at the door. I heard my mum answer it, but I couldn’t hear what she said exactly, or who it was on other side of the door. I heard what I thought was Evangeline’s voice, and my mum shriek something. Oh gawd, what has that idiot said now. Bet I’m going to get a talking to later.

After a few minutes of silence, a soft knock came at my bedroom door. Who the hell could this be now? Ash said he wasn’t coming until later, and I wasn’t expecting anybody else.

“Come in…” I called, confusion clear in my voice. I didn’t know whether I should be scared or not as to who it could be.

“Hey Sweetheart.” My eyes widen. Ash! I hated when people called me Sweetheart. That’s what my last ‘boyfriend’ said to me when he told I was nothing more than a bit of fun when he was bored.

“H-Hey Ash.” I said clutching my new Hello Kitty toy in reaction to the memories. I know Ash didn’t have a clue, but it still hurt a bit.

“How are you feeling?” He asked while sitting down on my bed, giving me a small smile. My heart did flips at how cute he looked when he smiled.

“Um, erm.. Okay.” I was too dazed by him, that I couldn’t function well enough to give a decent answer. Luckily Ash just chuckled.

“You don’t sound too sure about that.” He said making suck my cheek, hoping that my blushing was too obvious.

“I’m fine I swear.” Ok that was a lie, I felt like I was being ripped apart from the inside, but I didn’t want him to feel like he had to look after me all the time. But Ash just rolled his eyes, apparently not buying my little white lie.

“Okay, if you say so.” I smiled at him not pushing any further, but he didn’t half surprise me when he pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead. And here come the flips and butterflies again. I wonder what would happen if we ever did anything else. Ewww Deli! No, too soon! Besides you don’t even know if you boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

“Ash?” I said, hearing him breath in deeply in reply, oh great, way to ruin in Deli.

“Yes?” He said, looking up I saw he’d closed his eyes, and had a small smile. I think I’ve annoyed him, brill.

“What are you doing?” If we weren’t going out, why was he holding me like this? He’s so confusing.

“Oh. Well. Um. I.” I rolled my eyes and hugged him tightly. Bless him, I don’t care if he’s mine or not, I love it when he holds me.

“Well, I wanted to see if maybe later if you were feeling better if just maybe you’d want to go out on a date with me….” Holding his breath as if expecting me to say something nasty or out-right reject him. She’s going to say no. He still needs to get to know me a bit better, I can’t be mean like that. Yes I say things when I’m angry sometimes, but I could never intentionally hurt someone like that.

“I’d love to.” I smiled, making him sigh in relief and smile at me.

“Really?” Why was he so surprised?

“Um… yes.” I said, amused at his insecurity. Before I could barely blink, Ash pressed his lips to mine. This time it didn’t take long for me to kiss back, and he quickly deepened it. My heart did flips, my stomach’s butterflies exploded, everything just disappeared. Even my aching pain disappeared. If this boy doesn’t ask me out soon, I’m going to ask him.

Breaking the kiss, Ashley grinned like a Cheshire cat.

“Oh, by the way, do you want this?” I asked, reaching behind him, and showing him the star necklace.

“I got given it today, but I’m not really into star necklaces, so I thought you might like it.” I said showing him the necklace, by holding it up. His expression confused me. Ash had what looked like a fake smile, but his eyes looked guilty or devious, I couldn’t tell which.

“Erm…sure?” What’s with him?

“You ok?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He said, a genuine smile on his face now.

I put the neck over his head, and let it drop round his neck.

“Thank you.” He smiled, and kissed my lips again.

“What would you say I asked you if you wanted to go out tonight?” Hope filled his face. What’s he planning now?

“Love to?” I said, unsure of whether I should say yes or no.

“Great! Erm….put something pretty on, and I’ll be back in about 2 hours ok?” Ash looked like a 5 year old at his birthday. I climbed off him, and he left for the door. Just as he was about the close the door behind him, he smiled and winked at me.

“What the hell was that?” I said to myself. I wasn’t quite sure how to react. To be honest, I didn’t have much experience with boys, so I hadn’t got a clue what the hell was going on here.

“Delilah? We need to talk.” My mum pulled me out of my surprise.

“What about?” And there goes my happy feelings.

“This boy of yours, I don’t think it’s a good idea that you see him. He seems…..too old for you.” You have got to be kidding me! I know Ash has got to be older than me, but I didn’t know how much, but I honestly didn’t care, friends or more, he made me happy. I’m not giving him up that easily.

“I’m not going out with him, and besides if I was, what’s it got to do with you?” Me and my mum had never got along. In fact none of us got along with her. That’s probably why we’re so close.

“I don’t want you getting knocked up by some man-whore, who’s going to ditch you as soon as he gets to know you.” She ranted, before slamming my door behind her. How dare she fucking say that, she didn’t even know me for crying out loud. Fuck her, I’m happy and that’s all that matters.

“Erm…Del?” Mathieus shyly popped his head round the door. I loved my brother to bits. He was so quiet and caring. It was even better that he was gay, it meant we could stay up and talk about boys all night. And he always helped me with stuff. Wait he can help me.

“Mat, come here, I need your help.” He perked up, and skipped over to me. Yes he’s incredibly childish for a 20 year old. But to see a 6ft twig skipping towards you is hilarious.

“What can I do for you?” He smiled his biggest smile.

“I have to wear something ‘pretty’ for tonight, I dunno what it is for, but yeah, help?” I quoted the ‘pretty’, hoping he’d understand.

“Hmmm….ok, wardrobe, hair then make-up. I’m going to make you look like an angel.” He’s like Gok Wan, but so much better.

Biting on his lip ring, he searched through my wardrobe, before pulling out a strapless black dress, that puffed out at the bottom, and had a bodice like thing at the top.

“This one?” He asked. I shook my head, it looked too much.

“Yeah….we need something more subtle.” He started to rummage again. He humphed, and left the room. I stared at the door in confusion.

“Now this is what you need.” Mathieus returned from I’m guessing Evangeline’s room, seen as she was my size in clothes. He held a plain white dress, that had a silver zip down the front, and was flow-y at the bottom. It was nice, but not something I’d usually wear.

I don’t think I got a say, as Mat started to strip me, and quickly pulled the dress on me.

“Ooo shoes.” He said more to himself than anything, and darted from the room. He returned with a pair of silver sandal things.

“I’ve got the gold pair, but you’re too pale for gold.” He explained. Not that it made any sense to me, I usually wore black, purple, blue and red.

I spent the next hour or so having my hair washed so that the natural wavy, and random curls came out. Mat did me toned down smoky eyes and some plain lip gloss.

“Right, almost done. Just one final touch.” He pulled out my jewelery boxes, and searched through them. He pulled a silver chain that had a sparkly Hello Kitty on it and a silver cupcake. A pair of silver, feather earring, and my lucky bracelet.

“There, finished, and gorgeous.” He smiled, signaling for me to twirl. Twirling I hadn’t heard anyone come in until I saw Ash, smiling brightly, and looking a bit out of breath in the doorway.

“Ash” I exclaimed, slightly more shocked than I intended.

“Oh so this is the lucky guy.” Mat said turning round, going to check Ash out. I giggled slightly as Ash’s uncomfortable shuffle, before shoving Mat out of the room.

“Love you Mat, but get out and stop creeping on people.” I laughed.

“I was just inspecting.” Mat laughed back before disappearing.

“Sorry, he’s always doing that.” I explained. Smiling and blushing. Well I hope this is Ash’s idea of pretty.

“Before we go, you need this on.” He said, holding up a black piece of cloth. Blindfold? Where the hell were we going?

Ash turned me around, and tied the black cloth over my eyes. I squealed a bit when I felt him pick me up bridal style.

“Shhh, I’m kidnapping you.” Ash chuckled in my ear. I’m starting to like this surprise. I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung for dear life. I didn’t like people picking me up, I always got self-conscious that I was too heavy.

I felt Ash walk down the stairs with me, and heard someone else open the front door. The cool night air swirled around us. It felt nice. I heard a car door open, and then Ash sat me down, having to untangle himself from me. I heard I’m guessing my door close, and his door open and close. As the car started, I couldn’t help the slight twinge of nerves, pang through my body.

“Where are we going?” I was sat on my hands, so that he didn’t see how nervous I was.

“You’ll see, we’ll be there in a few minutes.” I could feel the car speeding down what roads. After what seemed like forever, the car stopped, door opening and closing, Ash picked me up again. Why couldn’t he just let me walk? But not wanting to ruin his moment, I stayed quiet.

He slid me down onto the floor a few minutes later. The floor felt funny. Where on Earth were we?

“Surprise.” He whispered, slowly untying the blindfold. I could feel my heart race, in anticipation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments PLEASEEE?

xP thank you to our commenters, we love you ^^