Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

I'll Try Not To

“What the FUCK do you think you’re doing? You stupid little slag!” Deli’s mum was pulling her up the stairs and the sound of her screaming made the rest of her family run out from wherever they had been hiding.

Mat ran over to me and looked worried. With the power of eye contact I told him to get her the hell away from her mother. Doing so he pulled Deli behind he while I took advantage of her distracted mother.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOU’RE PROBLEM!” What the hell is my problem? I think I should be asking her the same question, she looked like she was about to hit Deli for Christ’s sake!

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME? I WASN’T THE ONE WHO WAS ABOUT TO HIT THEIR OWN DAUGHTER!” Her mother glared at me.

“I WASN’T GOING TO HIT HER, I WAS JUST TRYING TO KEEP MY DAUGHTER FROM BECOMING A WHORE!”

“SHE IS NOT A FUCKIGN WHORE!” her mother just laughed.

‘SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT HER! SHE’S A WHORE ALL RIGHT.”

“SHOWS HOW GOOD OF A MOTHER YOU ARE, HOW COULD YOU EVEN CALL YOUR OWN DAUGHTER A WHORE!?”

“FINE THEN THE STUPID WHORE CAN STAY WITH YOU!” Wait what just happened? Her mother stalked back to her room slamming the door.

Who would call their own daughter a whore? Seriously? Deli’s mother apparently isn’t fit enough to be a mother. Closing my eyes I balled my hands into fist. I need to calm down. My body was shaking with anger, somehow I had restrained myself from hitting Deli’s mother.

“Don’t worry about Delilah, we know what to do. You can go if you want.” Mat’s words were whispers and there were tears in his eyes. No, I’m not letting her stay here with that monster.

“No! I’m not letting her stay here with that bitch! You can stay here if you want, but Deli’s coming with me.”

“Go pack what you need, you can stay with me.” Deli rushed into her room as I stopped my body from shaking.

“Ashley, you don’t have to do this.” shaking my head no I sighed.

“Yes I do, the rest of you are welcome to stay with me as well. I don’t want you to have to face the wrath of your mother later.

“Oh, well thank you.” Matt and the rest of Deli’s family rushed into there rooms to get what they needed. Within minutes they all stood by the door with their bags. I don’t know what I’m doing I only have one guest room and my room so where everyone’s going to stay I don’t have a clue. But as long as they’re all safe I’ll find away.

“You’re all coming?” the crew behind me nodded at her as I took her bag and her hand leading them all to my house.

Before offering them to all live with me I really should have cleaned house and gone shopping for food.

*********************

“What about the meal with your friends?” Deli put her bag down on my bed, she’d be staying with me while her brother and sisters stayed in the guest room.

“It can wait till another night.” Somehow coming home and showing them all around I had calmed myself back down to normal.

“No I still want to go. It’ll take my mind off of things.”

“Are you sure?” I smiled a little as she nodded violently, well sounds like we’re going to Jinxx and Sammi’s after all.

“Ok, well…I’ll go ask to see if the other 3 want to come. You can get ready in here.” smiling I shut the door behind me leaning against it. I love her to death and her family seems pretty cool but I don’t know what I’m going to do anymore. They need a stable place to live and I’m not really sure if my house is what they need.

Mat came out from his room.

“Ash are you okay?” opening my eyes I smiled at him.

“Yeah, just a little stressed.” he frowned.

“I’m sorry we’ve put such a burden on you Ashley, if it helps in a few days I’m going to look for an apartment so that Hawise, Evangeline and I can leave you alone.”

“Oh, Mat you don’t have to do that, you guys living here is okay. Actually it will be nice to not live alone.” Mat chuckled but shook his head no.

“That’s sweet Ashley but really I’ve been planning to get the younger ones away from my mother for a while and there’s an apartment on the floor above this that’s affordable enough that I’m going to apply for it in the morning.”

I guess there’s no way that I’m going to be able to make him stay.

“I understand Mat.” reaching forward I pulled him into my arms tightly. “I wish I had had a big brother like you when I was their age.” Mat chuckled hugging back.

“Thanks Ash that really makes me feel like I’m doing a good job.” letting go of him I smiled.

“Well you are believe me, without you I don’t know what any of them or I would do.” Mat chuckled and blushed a little. I really need to introduce him to Andy, I’m pretty sure they’d hit it off.

“Aww Ashley.” After a few more minutes of idle chit chat Mat and I began talking about the plans Deli and I had for the night and in the end even though I was pretty much begging him and the others to come along he said no. He had a valid point though, they had all been through a lot so they needed to rest. We hugged one last time before he called the couch his new bed, there was no way he was sharing a room with Hawise and Evangeline.

************

I held Deli’s hand tightly as we got closer and closer to Jinxx and Sammi’s.

“Are you sure you want to go? Because we can leave right now if you want.” I don’t know why I’m so antsy but I am. I think I’m just worried that Andy is going to say something to Deli that would hurt her.

“I’m sure want to go.” stopping in front of their door I sighed before knocking.

Instead of Sammi or Jinxx getting the door CC did, and he almost died of excitement when he saw Deli.

“DELI!” Jumping out of the house he hugged her tightly.

“CC?!” Deli tried to act as excited as he was but she wasn’t doing a good job, chuckling I brushed him off of her before following him back into the house.

“Hey everyone!” Sammi walked out of the kitchen and embraced both Deli and I tightly.

“Hello Ash, and this must be the infamous Deli that I’ve heard so much about.” Deli blushed at Sammi’s words.

“Yes it is. Deli this is Sammi the mother out of all of us.” Sammi blushed and giggled as Jinxx walked up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Hello.” Deli scooted into my side, I hope she isn’t scared of all of them.

“Hello Deli, I’m Jinxx.” he extended a hand towards her awkwardly Deli shook.

“Oh my god! Deli’s here!” Jake ran from where he had been in the kitchen and almost tackled Deli to the ground. I’m pretty sure they hadn’t met yet but I can tell he already likes her.

“Hello?” if she wasn’t scared before she would be now.

“Deli, this is Jake, he’s almost as bad as CC.” Sammi’s words were giggles.

“Hey, I’m not that bad!” Jake looked slightly hurt.

“And neither am I!” CC and Jake held the other tightly trying to act hurt.

“Bullshit you’re both five year olds.” Andy’s deep voice made Deli’s giggles stop.

“Hello Andy.” awkwardly she smiled at him.

“Hello.” Wow… way to still be an ass Andrew.

“Now, Andy be nice you’re going to scare the poor girl.” Jinxx slapped Andy’s arm.

“What!?! I haven’t do anything yet!”

“Yet is the key word you’re not going to do anything to her now are you?” glaring at him just made him smirk.

“I’ll try not to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... what's Andy going to do?

Don't be a silent reader you guys! Leave us a comment saying what you think Andy's going to do.