I’m Alright In Bed But I’m Better With A Pen

Paramore - Misery Business

Becca yawned and snuggled into Mikey’s side. He smiled sleepily and pulled her closer still. She smiled a contented smile and closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to take over her body. The rhythmic of Mikey beside her slowly lulled her into a deep sleep.

I'm in the business of misery
Let’s take it from the top


Becca had never thought that she would be curled up happily with Mikey. It was the sort of thing that she had dreamed about, but if you had told her it would happen she would have told you where to go. But there she was, snuggled up, fast asleep with his body heat keeping her warm. She had been one of those ‘nearly friends’ with him for god know how long, secretly wishing he would turn around one day and sweep her off her feet. The fantasy made her feel childish and like she was back at high school, which was far from happy times. Her hopes had been dashed when Tiana had come along.

She’s got a body like an hourglass that's ticking like a clock
It’s a matter of time before we all run out...
When I thought he was mine, she caught him by the mouth


In Becca’s opinion, Tiana was everything she wasn’t. Tiana was beautiful, talented and had a killer personality as the icing on the cake. Sure, everyone else could see that she was all these things, but she couldn’t see that. She didn’t like Tiana. It wasn’t a jealous dislike, it was a niggling feeling that Tiana was up to something. The feeling bugged her incessantly. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t shake that feeling.

I waited eight long months
She finally set him free
I told him I couldn't lie he was the only one for me


Everyone around said that they could see the feelings there. Whether they could or whether they were lying is something you could only try to guess, but they claimed that she should tell him. The standard clichéd procedure. So, when Tiana was last week’s news, Becca summed up the courage and took the plunge.

Two weeks and we'd caught on fire
She’s got it out for me
But I wear the biggest smile


The rest was history. They got together, dated, did the dirty and now they lived together. Neither of them could be happier. They had someone to care for and someone to care for them. They’d been together for almost a year, their anniversary was the next week.

Whoa... I never meant to brag
But I got him where I want him now


The next morning, Becca awoke to find Mikey watching her. She smiled at him, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and stretching out her arms, which were stiff and sore from cuddling Mikey all night.

“Sleep well?” he asked.
She nodded and sat up, turning so she was sitting on the edge of the bed and stretching again. Mikey crawled across the bed and sat behind her on his knees, wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on her shoulder. She turned to face him and kissed the end of his nose and he kissed her forehead. They had an unwritten rule of avoiding kissing on the lips before both of them had brushed their teeth. Let’s just say, neither of them was a fan of morning breath.

Whoa... it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now


“I need coffee,” Mikey announced suddenly, and Becca stood up and offered her hand to help him up. He accepted and pulled himself up. She grabbed a hoody as did he, before sliding his arm around her waist and pulling her tight to his side.

But god does it feel so good
Because I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
Cause god it just feels so
It just feels so good.


As Mikey drank his morning coffee, Becca sat and watched him. The way he drank coffee was sexy, actually, everything he did became sexy, when he did it. Washing dishes, straightening hair, even cleaning the freaking toilet. Becca had it bad and she knew it. But the feeling was mutual, so that was ok.

Second chances, they don’t ever matter,
People never change,
Once a whore you’re nothing more.
I’m sorry that can never change.
And about forgiveness, we’re both supposed to have exchanged,
I’m sorry honey, but I pass it up, now look this way.


Tiana had proven that she wanted Mikey back. She was constantly texting him, emailing him and trying to get him to go out with her. Not in a dating sense, but the thought of him being alone with Tiana sent cold shivers up Becca’s spine. Tiana was still Tiana, the ‘beautiful, talented and killer personality’ girl who’d stolen Mikey’s heart just over a year before.

Well, there’s a million other girls,
That do it just like you,
Looking as innocent as possible, to get to who?


Mikey was concerned about Becca. He knew she had insecurities when it came to Tiana. After all he had been with her just before he was with Becca and their relationship came to an abrupt end, for reasons even Mikey didn’t quite know. But he would never cheat on Becca or even consider going back to Tiana. Becca, in his eyes, was everything that Tiana wasn’t. She made him laugh, she was shy around many people but came out of her shell when she was comfortable and she was never grouchy or irritable.

They wanted what they want,
It’s easy if you do it right.
Well, I refuse, I refuse, I refuse.


The next week passed quickly, with both of them working and surreptitiously planning their anniversary surprise for the other. Becca was planning to get Mikey a new coffee machine, because theirs was slowly dying. Painfully too, but more for Mikey than the machine. She also bought tickets to the MisFits show, which was a week after their anniversary. She had been over her plans with Gerard, to ensure he didn’t get tickets of his own and that there would be someone to go with Mikey. Gerard had agreed to go with Mikey, giving the tickets he had bought to Frank and Ray, who took them without any problem and with a lot of hugging. On their anniversary, she was going to cook a meal for Mikey. When Frank asked did she have any special requests as the chef, she had only one. “Keep Frank at least 5 miles away from here. I’m sure Mikey’s sick of Cajun.” Frank sulked for days.

Whoa... I never meant to brag,
But I got him where I want him now,
Whoa... it was never my intention to brag,
To steal it all away from you now,
But god does it feel so good,


The night of the anniversary came and before she knew it, Becca had cooked a meal she was damn proud of, given him the tickets and was showing him into the kitchen where he had set up the new coffee machine. She had put it in the cupboard however, so she could have a little fun with Mikey first. She walked into the kitchen and pulled the plug out of the wall, lifting the whole machine and walking outside. Mikey followed looking confused, as she opened the bin and as she released the machine, he finally managed to ask what she was doing. “Saying good riddance to bad rubbish,” she replied simply and walked back inside.

“What am I gonna do for coffee?” Mikey asked her, sounding like a small child who just lost his favourite toy. She shrugged and sat down at the table.

“Use your new one?” she replied, and got up and pulled it out. Mikey’s shriek could only be described as girly and he embraced Becca in a bone crushing hug and smirked that infamous smirk that only the Way brothers could pull off.

“Someone’s getting repaid later…” he whispered, brushing his lips against the shell of her ears making her breathing hitch slightly.

Because I got him where I want him now,
And if you could then you know you would,
Cause god it just feels so,


Mikey took her hand, handed her a coat and dragged her out the door. They wandered along the road to the local park, which lay dormant, the kids not allowed to play there past mid afternoon. It was dark and had a spooky feeling to it, just as Mikey and Becca liked it. Becca looked up and saw the stars, gasping at the sight of the clouds parting, displaying a full moon. It cast an eerie light over the park, lengthening the shadows and adding more to the creepy effect.
She turned to get Mikey, wanting to share the moment with him but found him at stomach level, balanced on one knee.

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So… will you marry me?” His voice was nervous, almost a whisper, but Becca heard it.

She bent down to his level, pulling his face to hers and wrapping her arms around him, Mikey doing the same. They pulled apart and she took the small box out of his hand. On opening it again, she saw the plain yet dazzling ring, a simple silver band with a diamond set into it. She looked up at Mikey, gazing deep into his hazel eyes and whispered, “Yes.”

He took the ring with shaking fingers and slid it unto her finger, which was shaking just as much as his were. A simple smile was suffice to show how they were feeling. Taking her hand in his, they walked off down the road back to their house.

It just feels so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to Neon.Lights for being so damn awesome.

And yeah, some missing lyrics at the end, but I liked that ending.

Comments?
♥