Status: Slow updates, kinda having a writers block, suggestions are welcome <3

The Memories of Broken Dreams

Nine

Image

She froze for a split second before she slowly started to kiss back. I groaned softly and pulled her closer to me, deepening the kiss. Lily moaned and tugged at the bottom of my shirt. “You sure?” I whispered. “I want you Alex, please.” She breathed against my lips.

That was all I needed to hear. I picked her up and carried her to the bedroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rolled off of Lily and closed my eyes, breathing heavily. I couldn’t believe this just happened, that I finally had her back after all these years. But the happiness I felt inside was quickly shattered when I heard soft sobs coming from the girl next to me.

I opened my eyes and sat up to find Lily crying. “Lil, what’s wrong?” I tried to hug her, but she pushed me away. “This shouldn’t have happened Alex.” She whispered. “I’m with Matt, we’re engaged for godsakes. This was a mistake.”

I could feel my heart shatter. “Lil please don’t say that.” I begged, forcing her to look at me. “I love you, I want to be with you, but I couldn’t because of Amanda and the baby. But that’s not a problem anymore.” But she shook her head and got out of bed.

“N-no Alex. Y-you need to leave. NOW!” She screamed. I didn’t say a word as I got dressed and stormed out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily’s P.O.V.

As soon as Alex was out of the door I completely broke down. I hated hurting him like that, but I had no choice. I love Alex, with all my heart, but we couldn’t. I had Matt and he just lost his child. He needed comfort, but not like this.

I put on my clothes and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. But as soon as I entered the living room I saw Alex hoodie laying on the couch. I picked it up with shaking hands and sank to my knees, the tears rolling down my face again.

That’s how Matt found me a little while later. On the ground, my back against the couch, crying my eyes out while clinging to Alex’s hoodie. “Lily sweetheart what’s wrong.” He asked, his voice worried.

“I-I…. Alex… We…. He…..” I sobbed. “Hey, hey, take a deep breath and tell me what happened.” I nodded. “Matt, I’m so sorry. I never meant for it to happen. I don’t know what I was thinking.” I rambled. “Lily please calm down. What’s wrong.” He said.

“I slept with Alex.” I whispered. I thought Matt would be furious, but he stayed surprisingly calm. “Oh.” I frowned. “I just told you I slept with one of your friend and all you say is Oh?” I looked at him with disbelieve. Matt chuckled. “Sorry. It’s just that I always knew it would happened someday. You two have a history together and it’s obvious he still loves you.”

“W-what!?” I gasped. Matt chuckled again. “How could you not know. Alex still loves you Lil, he never stopped.” “Oh.” Was all I managed to say.

Matt smiled at me. “Do you love him Lily?” “Matt I…” “Just answer the question Lil.” I looked down at the floor. “I do, but I can’t be with him Matt.” “And why is that?” He asked calmly. “Because I have you now Matt and I don’t want to hurt you. And Alex just lost his child and his girlfriend. It’s just wrong.”

Matt shook his head. “The only reason he stayed with Amanda was because he was afraid she would run off and take the baby with her. Jack told me what happened and I don’t think Amanda will stand between you and Alex now.” “But what about you?” I whispered.

Matt gave me a soft smile. “I already told you, I always knew that one day you would pick Alex over me. You should be with him Lil, I love you and I know you love me too, but I also know that what you feel for me is nothing compared for what you feel for Alex.”

A couple of tears escaped again and I kissed Matt. “Thank you.” I whispered. “Come on, go find Alex and tell him how you feel, I’ll watch Ally when Jack brings her back.” He smiled and I ran out the door.

I kept running, all the way to Alex house. As soon as he opened the door I jumped in his arms and kissed him. After a minute or so I pulled back to look at him. “Lily what…” He began, but I cut him off. “It’s you I want Alex, it’s always been you.” A big smile formed on his face and he pulled me back in a kiss.

“I love you Lily.” He breathed against my lips. “I love you too Alex.” He carried me inside and kicked the door close. He put me down in the middle of the living room. “Stay here.” He said and disappeared into his bedroom. When he came back he sat down on one knee in front of me.

“I bought this in my freshman year of high school. I saw it and I just knew I wanted to give this to you one day. My original plan was to ask you after we’d graduated high school, but as you know that didn’t go as planned.” I giggled and he continued.

“I know this took me way to long, but I hope you’ll still say yes.” He opened to small bow he’d been hiding behind his back. Inside was one of the most beautiful rings I’d ever see. “Lily Maria Johnson will you marry me?”

I was absolutely speechless and stared into Alex’s beautiful brown eyes, which were filled with love. I took a deep breath and spoke. “Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

Sorry if this seems sudden, but I'm not feeling this story anymore so I decided to end it. So this is the end, the last chapter. I hope everyone likes the happy ending. :) Let me know what you think of this chapter.

But I really wanna thank everyone who commented/subscribed/read. I love everyone singe one of you.

If you liked this story and you're sad it's done, I still have a few other stories you might like.
I’ll keep you a daydream away, You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go (co-write with loveislikeafairytale) and Resistance is Useless (co-write with CoolStory.Lynn)

They're all Alex Gaskarth fanfics, please go check them out.

Love, Felicia
Dirty Work Mash-up (23:49 minutes long) click

Oh and btw