Sequel: Bad Romance
Status: Completed

Winter Kiss

I Awoke A Simple Ghost At The Age Of Nineteen...

I awoke in the dark with a sudden stop, and my body jolted forward. I took a wild guess that the van had stopped but I had no idea where, I rubbed my eyes to make my vision a bit clearer and shoved the blanket off of me, which I took another guess that Fraser had put on me since I was asleep on his shoulder. I stood up slowly trying not to wake Frase up. Crouching and walking through the van was a little troublesome seeing as I tripped over Simon twice but surprisingly he didn’t wake up.

As I walked to the front of the van, there was only one person up there, I had no idea where Ben had gone, but I took a wild guess that it was Gus that was driving. As I got to the front, I hopped over the chair head and sat down next to him.
“Holy fuck!” He screamed a little whilst clutching onto where his heart would be. I giggled a little and turned on the head light so I could see better.
“Jesus Christ Willow, you scared the shit out of me!” He whispered then laughed a little, I smiled and fidgeted to try and get more comfy in the chair.
“Sorry Gus, didn’t mean to. Where are we and where did Ben go?” I asked as I looked round the bus, but there was no sign of him. Just Fraser with the blanket I once had, John on the other side of him, and a drooling Simon on the floor. I laughed at my brothers, the Taylor family are a bit weird I thought.

“Ah, it’s okay don’t worry about it dude. And I have no idea, he went quite a bit ago, and I think we are on the outskirts of Wales” He yawned then stretched. He looked really tired bless him.
“How long have you been driving?” I asked as I picked at the now chipping nail varnish on my nails. He sighed a heavy sigh and turned his head to the side and look towards me. He looked shocking, his eyes were dark underneath and they were bloodshot. But he still managed to smile.
“About 5-6 hours maybe, I don’t know, lost count” He laughed a little.

“Right, swap places, im driving!” I said as I started to move, he undid the belt but didn’t move, but looked at me instead.
“Can you even drive? I mean, are you old enough?” He questioned me and stretched his long legs out under the dashboard.
“Gus, im nineteen. And yes I can drive! Look” I said and fished around in my back pocket until I came out with my license and passed it too him.
He let out a little laugh and smiled at me.
“Nice photo” He said and passed it back. I stuck the finger up at him and told him to shift. He did and we swapped seats then sat back down and clipped our belts in and we were off on the road again.
“Hey, you do have sat nav for this don’t you?” I said rather quickly before I took turns left or right. He showed a tired smile and nodded then went to sleep.

I smiled to myself, he looked cute when he was asleep, I mentally slapped myself and carried on driving. I turned on the stereo but made sure it was turned to quite first, popped in Francesqa’s CD and lifted the lid off another can of Relentless. Crooked Little Sun started to sing softly through the speakers and I moved my head a little and tapped my fingers along to the drum beat. This ride was going to be quite good, and I wasn’t driving for too long, just for about an hour or two and then the sun will come back up and we will be there.
Wow. It was a really early concert and I only just realised, but then again I suppose we will check into a hotel for a while and then get ready for the show and all the other crap.

I liked driving, it gave me time to think for myself about things, I was actually really looking forward for this, I know that I didn’t show it to John or Fraser, but I was. Mum knows I am. And with that I took another swig of the relentless and made a mental note to call my mother when we stopped.

I soon grew hungry and looked round the drivers side for something to eat, which I found a bag of salt and vinegar crisps. If they were Gustav’s I will just buy him another packet. Im sure he wont mind.
Ghosts started to play on the stereo and I sang along quietly trying not to wake Gus up.
“Can we please pull out heads down out of the clouds, I need to find my way out of here. I awoke a simple ghost at the age of nineteen!”
“You have a lovely voice Willow” I screamed a little and jumped making the relentless spill onto my lap. I looked over to my side to see that Gus was awake, well nearly. I smiled a little at his comment and then started to blush.

“Um, thanks Gus” I said as I took a quick right before I drove past it.
“Your welcome, didn’t know you liked Francesqa?” He said as he started to sit up in his seat.
“I love them!” I said and looked towards him and smiled. He smiled back then looked forwards.
“WILLOW BREAK!” He screamed as he went forward and put his hand flat on the dashboard, I stepped on the brakes as fast as lightning and the van came to a stop. I could hear everyone in the back waking up from the impact and a loud thud against the back of mine and Gus’s chairs.
We didn’t crash gladly but when we both looked behind, it turned out to be Simon who had bashed into us, serves him right for sleeping on the floor and taking my beanie I thought.

Gus and I looked at each other, threw our heads back and laughed.
“You nearly crashed Will” He said trying to catch his breath back. I sighed.
“I know” I let out another giggle and then ran my hands threw my hair.
The sound of A Little Closer by Francesqa bleared through the speakers.

Somehow this tour might not be as bad as I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is the 3rd one up so far in the last three days. Going to start writing a chapter or two a day since I am off school for a week and don't go back till Friday haha. Enjoy! xx :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=AWl7jNwumkQ[/youtube]

This song helped me write this chapter and also the song A Little Closer by Francesqa, check them out if you haven't heard of them, there amazing!

Title: Ghosts by Francesqa

Emma xx