Sequel: Bad Romance
Status: Completed

Winter Kiss

Last Night's Dream, I Held You're Hand

After an hour of persuading all the guys to give me the keys to the van so I could meet Michael, they finally gave me them. And I was off out of the hotel and into the van as quick as I could. I was so happy that I was going to see Michael, I hadn’t seen him in what seemed like forever! But it was a good feeling, as I turned the corner to exit the hotel entrance I remembered that I had to be back for 5pm, for the guys gig tonight at a nearby venue. I had no idea what it was called, but I remembered that if I’m late, Ben said that they wouldn’t let me through because they wouldn’t believe that I was with them or something. But I did remember that they said Michael could come a long.

My phone buzzed on the passengers seat next to mean and to my luck, I had to stop at a red light, so I had time to check. It was from Michael.

Mike: “At the Starbucks in town, got a table see you in 10”

I didn’t bother to text back seeing I would be there in about 5 min. I soon parked up the van, jumped out and locked up, then walked straight towards the Starbucks where he said he would be.
The doorbell ringed in my ears as it set off a little tune. I scanned round the room till I saw a large arm and hand waving in the air and my eyes landed on Michael. A huge smile spread across my face as I ran across the room towards him, whilst trying not to make anyone spill boiling hot liquids over themselves.

I practically jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his thin but tall frame and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He gave me a bear hug back and laughed, then put me back down onto the floor safely. We got a few looks from people, but we really didn’t give a shit. We were friends, best friends. And that’s what best friends do!

“Hey Willow, how you been” He chuckled as he sat back down in his chair and I did the same, as a hot cup was slid my way from him. I took a sip and knew that he had got me the right thing. Caramel Hot Chocolate with plenty of cream. He’s the best! I thought.
“Hey Mike, I’ve been good thanks, better than I thought I would be. I mean look at me! I’ve managed to stay in a van with Simon and John and I’m still in one piece!” I laughed as I sipped on the most sexual drink in the world. And I think he knew what I was thinking.

“Sexual, I’m guessing?” He asked as he took a sip of what looked like coffee, with milk and two sugars. Yeah, I didn’t guess, it’s just what he normally has. I giggled at my thought and he just looked at me and smiled, knowing that his guess what correct.
“What about you? How’s life treating the tall one?” I winked at him and placed my cup on the table then wrapped my small fingers around it. The heat feeling wonderful.
“Ah I’ve been good I guess, Uni’s busting my ass. But I’m only there for a few more months and then I’m gone. But I’m on holiday for a couple of weeks” He said and took another sip of his coffee.

I smiled, it was wonderful having him here and speaking to him. I know that I get on with everyone in the band, even my brothers. But I just like having someone like Michael who I can talk to about anything and everything and he will understand and always be there for me.
“That’s awesome, so you staying around for a while? We have plenty of room for a tall one in the van, it will keep me sane if you’re there. I can’t otherwise, John’s already on my ass about something” I said and bit into the chocolate cookie that Mike passed me across the table. My eyes closing instantly on the pleasure of the chocolate. He laughed at me then said

“Why, what’s John been up to?” He said as he bit into his white chocolate cookie. How could you have white chocolate?! I mean, yeah I loved any chocolate, but milk choc for the win. I sighed, took a sip of my drink and put the cup back down onto the table.

“He told me to stay away from Gustav. You remember him don’t you? And for any of them not to ‘try‘ anything with me, which I doubt will happen!” I said as I circled the top of my mug with my small slim finger. I sighed, I didn’t really know why I was so bothered by it, I didn’t like any of them. I think it was the fact that he still thought he could boss me around, I’m nineteen.

Michael sighed and bit into the last bit of his cookie and took a sip of his coffee and then placed it back on the table.
“Yeah, I remember him. Good guy, I have no idea why they should stay away from you, your wonderful. And I certainly don’t think any of them will try anything. They have all known you since you were 7!” He laughed, drank the last of his coffee and asked if I was finished. I nodded and we walked out and back towards the van.
I unlocked it and got in the put in a CD. It was We The Kings, I pressed play and She Takes Me High started to fill out around the van. It was only 2pm we had another two hours to kill, so we decided to go the nearest set of shops and do a little shopping for a while.

“I know that’s what I thought, I fucking hate John sometimes, I wish he was more like Fraser. I really do!” I said as I turned another corner and got onto a stretch of road, and we set off to the shops.
“I know you do, I know love” Mike said and patted my leg, I smiled at him. He was the best friend a chick could have.

I started to tap my fingers on the steering wheel as the music picked up to the chorus, then Michael and I suddenly burst out singing.

“She takes me high, She takes me high, She wakes me up, She breaks me down, She’s got me 10 feet off the ground
She takes me high tonight!” We burst out smiling and pulled into the car park of the small shopping centre. I was so happy Michael was here, he would keep me sane, cheer me up when I’m down. And he’s just, well, my best friend.

What more could I ask for?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so I stayed up and wrote another chapter for you all. A new person has been introduced, let me know what you think of him? I know it drags on a bit, but I didn't know what else to put. But anyways, the gig chapter will be up tomorrow.
Enjoy!
Emma x

Title: She Takes Me High by We The Kings