Status: Gonna stop this until I finish my other two stories.

You Can't Hurry Love.

SIX.

I knew exactly what song I wanted to do for the “inspiration” assignment in Glee club. I had the perfect song in mind, and if anyone even thought about doing it, I would stab them with a gold star. To prevent that from happening, I approached Mr. Schuester after the bell rang and told him my idea. That way, if anybody else wanted to do it, at least Mr. Schue would know that it was my idea first.

“That’s a good song for you, Rachel, and I have a feeling you’ll do extremely well with it,” he said when I informed him of my song selection. “But I can’t stop anybody else from doing the same song if it inspires them as well.”

“But…this is my song,” I huffed. “I listen to it every morning on my way to school.”

“Rachel,” he sighed. “I doubt anybody else has that song in mind, however, but if they do, who cares? Nobody in this club has the same voice, and I’m sure that if everyone in the club wanted to do that song, they’d all interpret it in different ways.”

“Just know that I came to you first about it,” I glared up at him. “And mine will come out on top, as always.”

“I’m sure it will, Rachel,” he nodded.

I balled my hands up into fists, put them at my sides, and stormed out of the room without another word.

-----------------------------------------

“Okay, who’s up first?” Mr. Schuester asked first thing the next day in Glee rehearsal.

My hand shot up in the air, and as I received glares and eye-rolls from everyone in the room, Mr. Schue called on me to show the club my inspirational song. I hmmph’ed at the other’s disrespect before standing up and walking to the front of the room.

“The song I’m going to perform today means a lot to me. It’s about the tie between distance and relationships, and I feel that it relates to me a lot in ways. I also think that-”

“Can you just get on with it already?” Santana called from across the room. I really disliked that girl. Ignoring her impudence, however, I simply nodded and prompted the band to begin.

“Making my way downtown,
Walking fast, faces pass and I'm homebound.
Staring blankly ahead,
Just making my way,
Making a way through the crowd.”

“And I need you.
And I miss you.
And now I wonder…”

“If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time would pass me by?
‘Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles,
If I could just see you tonight…”

“It's always times like these,
When I think of you,
And wonder if you ever think of me.
‘Cause everything's so wrong and I don't belong,
Living in your precious memory.”

“‘Cause I need you,
And I miss you,
And now I wonder…”

“If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time would pass me by?
Oh, ‘cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles,
If I could just see you tonight…”

“And I, I don't wanna let you know.
I, I drown in your memory.
I, I don't wanna let this go.
I, I don't…”

“Making my way downtown,
Walking fast, faces pass and I'm homebound.
Staring blankly ahead,
Just making my way,
Making a way through the crowd…”

“And I still need you,
And I still miss you,
And now I wonder…”

“If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time would pass us by?
‘Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles.
If I could just see you, oh, oh.”

“If I could fall into the sky,
Do you think time would pass me by?
‘Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles,
If I could just see you…
If I could just hold you tonight…”


I gave Finn a deep look on the last note, and when the band stopped playing, I gazed out into my audience, waiting for them to burst into applause, but none of them. Brad, the pianist, gave a few short claps, but stopped when he realized he was the only one.

“Perfect song choice for you, Rachel,” Mr. Schuester gave me a quick smile. “It really suited your voice, which is always amazing.”

“If it’s so amazing, why isn’t anyone clapping?” I said, quietly, feeling a lump in my throat.

“Uh…” I saw Mr. Schue throw a quick persuasive glance to the club, indicating for them to clap or there would be consequences. Still, none of them listened.

“You know what?” I choked. “That’s fine. Seems as though none of you need me anyway.” And with that, I turned around and made my way to the door, letting the tears flow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton.

I know, this is a terribly short chapter. I've been really busy the entire last week.
I dunno how good of an excuse this will be, but today's my birthday. Hahaha.
Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind the shortness of this chapter and still like it. If so, comment! :)