Status: DONE!

I Believe We're The Enemy

She Said Come On, Come On and *** This Whole Wide World

Ginny’s P.O.V.

When I feel a tentative hand on my shoulder, I immediately know that it’s Ray, but I still don’t quite believe that he’s there until I turn and see his nervous face with my own eyes. “Ray?” I mumble sleepily, letting my hopeful confusion show on my features.

“Ginny,” he replies, refusing to remove his hand from my shoulder. This makes me smile; the only time he’s touched me in the last two weeks was when he hit me, and I feel rather deprived of his skin.

“I’m sorry. I-”

“Love you,” he laughs, finishing my sentence. “I know. I’m sorry too. And I love you too.”

He hugs me then, and I’m smiling so hard that it hurts as I sit up and wrap my arms around him and hold him close. It almost feels as if nothing has changed; he’s still perfectly warm, and he smells the same. I guess I was afraid that he would be some sort of chilly corpse, but he’s still very alive.

“I missed you,” Ray murmurs, one of his broad hands finding and practically enveloping mine as the other gently cups my chin.

I grin. “I would say I missed you too, but you already know that.”

He smiles back at me, his green-sparkled eyes glowing with tenderness, before he closes them and leans down to meet my lips. My arms fly around his neck hungrily, and I mold my mouth to his until neither of us can breathe. We only break apart for a few seconds before falling back into the kiss. I am never going to let go of him, not anymore. He’s mine.

Rose finally separates us, but I don’t leave him, choosing instead to sit as close to him as possible as I finally join the others’ conversation. I don’t think I can explain just how shocked and elated I am to have Ray back, and everyone else quickly notices the gleefully surprised glances that I flash him every time his skin comes into contact with mine. His protective manner soon becomes quite apparent as he glares adamantly at any and every male to come within five feet of me; he still hasn’t quite realized that my need for affection stretches no farther than him.

Every few minutes, I once again realize that Last Inferno is staring at me, and before she can glance away, I catch the expression on her face. It looks like... jealousy? She’s not looking simply at me or ray, but at both of us, as if she’s just envious of the state we’re in. As I watch her joke around with Gerard and bury her face in his shoulder when Whatsername teases her, I finally realize what’s really been obvious all along. Inferno is in love with Gerard, but it’s just not working out. Of course. Humorously enough, it soon occurs to me that he loves her just as much, but, as the way life goes, they’re both too blinded by their own emotions to see how the other feels.

The rest of the day seems to pass way too slowly. Rose, Ray, and I chatter for a long time, until we end up in an awkward, guilty silence, and the conversation loses any direction that it ever had. Then, I cross the room and finally give Gerard the hug that I’d held back earlier, holding him close to my body and kissing him once on the cheek. He smiles and whispers words of love into my ear. Next to me, I see a wave of sincere jealousy cross Inferno’s face for the first time, and I briefly lift my hands off of Gerard’s back to show her that he’s all hers.

Finally, night falls. I hug everyone goodnight, kissing Frank softly right beside his mouth and whispering a “thank you” when Ray isn’t looking, before following Ray into his (and now my) bedroom. The door drifts shut behind me, and I stand in front of it for a long minute, watching as Ray kicks off his shoes and turns to face me.

“You’re beautiful,” he informs me, his face breaking out into a smile. Then, as I wait, he walks toward me and takes my hands, and his skin is just as soft and comforting as I remember it being. Everything is perfect.

“I love you, Ray,” I whisper.

He grins even wider. “I love you too.”

With that, he kisses me softly, letting first our lips and then our tongues melt into each other as his arms wrap securely around my waist, pulling me further into his warm embrace. For the first minute or so, the kiss is innocent; this doesn’t last, however, because his hands soon fly to my hips, and he shoves me into a wall as my fingers tangle in his hair and our tongues fight for control. The world starts to go hazy. All I can feel is him, and I’m lost in it, but that’s okay. Nothing else matter now, as long as I can still feel his skin on my own. I simply can’t get over the fact that he’s mine.

Suddenly, it occurs to me that his shirt is between us and therefore in my way, so I grasp it with my fingers and tug it over his head, leaving his torso exposed--and damn, he’s hot. Some little switch clicks on in my mind, and I practically attack him then, my fingers clawing up and down his chest as I nibble hungrily at his tanned neck. My shirt flies off next, allowing him to take over the business of creating hickeys. His mouth trails down my neck and rests lightly on the center of my ribcage as I continue to run my hungry hands across his body. Then, all of a sudden, he picks me up and wraps my legs around his waist, so that he has to grind his hips against my own to keep me from falling, which he does, and a low moan escapes my mouth. As our lips reconnect again, working feverishly against each other’s, I reach for the button on his jeans with a starved sort of haste.

“You sure?” he mumbles into my lips, and I feel a self-confident smirk start to creep across his face.

“Positive.”

***

I awaken to the sound of Ray’s smooth, peaceful breathing next to me, and everything feels a little funny. My entire lower body is aching for no apparent reason, my lips are numb, and as I sit up and blink my eyes open, I realize that I’m not wearing a shirt. Scratch that; I’m not wearing anything. As the morning sunlight filters through our window, making Ray’s wild hair look like a kaleidoscope of frizz, the previous night finally hits me in the face. Fuck, I’ve been fucked. Looking down at my oh-so-lovable boyfriend, I can’t help but smile. I sink back beneath the covers, feeling funny emotions course through my veins, and then I just lay there and stare at Ray, overcome by my own hormonal surges of love. He’s so beautiful, so angelic, so happy that I have to reach over and touch him just to make sure that this is all real. To my surprise, he smiles and gives a little murmur when our skin collides, and I jump away, afraid to wake him up. I want this happy snapshot to last forever.

Finally, I realize that I can’t lay in bed and stare at Ray’s unconscious body all day, so I roll out from under the sheets and hobble slowly over to our bathroom. Within minutes, I’m in the shower, quickly relaxing as a rush of warm, penetrating water flows down my bare back. That special exhausted-but-perfect smile dances across my face in ecstasy, and I take a moment to finally examine my ‘battle scars’ from last night. As I predicted, ray left quite a few marks on my exposed skin, at which I soon find myself blushing; from my waist down to about mid-thigh, I’m covered in fingernail marks and the occasional hickey, while an assortment of painful red and purple spots are scattered across my chest. Luckily, my neck is mostly clear, but I’m still going to have a hard time hiding the sexual blotches.

After a long, hot shower, I step out into the venter of the bathroom and grab a towel from one of the shelves on the wall. One glance in the dust-coated mirror reveals that I definitely look like I’ve just been fucked. Great, Gerard’s gonna kill me. Really, I’m too busy grinning to care; somehow, even though I know that this turn of events doesn’t make a huge difference, it still feels amazing to know that Ray has finally forgiven me. I couldn’t be happier to have him back.

My name drifts through the closed bathroom door, and I wrap the towel around myself before exiting the bathroom and finding myself face to face with an unclothed, bewildered-looking Ray. “Oh, there you are. G’morning,” he mumbles, his face still contorted by confusion. I can’t help but giggle. “What?”

“You’re sexy, that’s all. Go take a shower.” I resist the urge to flaunt my naughty side as he passes by me silently, our skin brushing for the slightest moment. Once I hear the shower turn on again, I quickly pull on a (relatively) clean set of clothing before placing an outfit in the bathroom for Ray. Then I sit down on the bed and reminisce, feeling my immature little heart spasm at the memory of his delectable skin on mine. He is beautiful. This is a fact that I can’t seem to shake from my hazy mind.

Finally, Ray saunters out of the bathroom, his hair dripping with warm water and his shirt hanging limply from one hand. I can’t help but swallow an eyeful of his bare chest and stomach; I didn’t get a very good view last night, and he is pretty damn sexy, after all. He grins and pulls his shirt over his head, obviously having already realized what went down last night, before hopping onto the bed next to me.

“I love you,” I chirp as I shuffle across the bed to lay my head on his chest. Soon, I’m enclosed in his arms once again.

“I missed you.”

“Me too.”

He giggles softly. “Gerard’s gonna kill us.”

“He doesn’t have to know...”

“Ginny, honey, I have one hell of an enormous bite mark on the side of my neck, and you don’t look all that innocent either. Plus, he probably heard us. His room is right next door.”

I laugh. “Oh. I won’t let him hurt you, I promise.”

Still exhausted, I curl up half on top of his body and stay there for a long time, smiling softly at his heartbeat. His fingers trace tiny patterns across my back, and soon I feel like I’m about to fall asleep right here, in this cozy sort of warmth provided by his solid body. Everything is so peaceful, especially now that I have a large number of mildly sore hickeys as living proof that Ray loves me. it’s almost as if we’ve never doubted one another before.

“I’m hungry,” he finally mumbles.

I groan in agreement. “It’s about time for breakfast, I guess, and if I stay here much longer I’m going to fall asleep.” With that, I slowly clamber off the bed and over to the door, a groggy Ray on my heels.

The moment we emerge from the hallway and into the front room, a low snickering is clearly audible from Frank’s direction. I choose to ignore it and sit down next to Last Inferno. Ray, on the other hand, grumbles something under his breath and prepares to snap at Frank.

“Ray,” Frank begins, “that thing on your neck doesn’t happen to be a hickey, by any chance, does it?”

Ray mumbles a cautious “maybe” and sits down next to me. Across the table, Frank only giggles louder.

“That is a hickey! And Ginny has one too! What have you guys been up to?”

We refuse Frank eye contact, and Whatsername starts to smirk at us silently. Gerard and Mikey are, luckily, nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, Frank’s eyes widen dramatically, as if he’s just realizing this, and his voice lowers as he leans across the table toward us. “You two have been naughty, haven’t you?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Ray growls. I comb my fingers through my damp hair self-consciously.

“You fucked! You did the dirty! You fucking had s-”

“Frank, shut up,” I hiss, glancing around the room just in case Gerard might come barging in at any moment.

Frank’s tirade isn’t over, however. “I always thought Rose and Mikey would be the first ones to, y’know, do it, but I guess I was wrong! I should’ve known! I though I heard some funny noises coming from your room last night...”

“Seriously, Frank, if Gerard finds out about this, we’re dead,” Ray interjects.

“You admitted it! It’s true!”

Ray rolls his eyes. “I never-”

“RAYMOND MANUEL TORO GOT LAID!”

Crash.

“Fuck you, Frank,” I snap, bracing myself to face Gerard’s overprotective wrath. I don’t know what the noise from the kitchen was, but it didn’t sound good.

“You’d much rather be fucking him,” pipes Frank, pointing to Ray as he giggles with glee. Rose and Inferno are both staring at us now, while Whatsername is laughing her head off. Soundlessly.

Loud footsteps announce Gerard’s presence as he storms in from the kitchen, his face red with fury. “Ray, what the fuck did you do?!”

“Nothing...”

“You fucking fucked her, didn’t you? What the fucking hell were you thinking? What if-”

“Gerard,” Ray hisses, standing to face his shorter friend. “Calm down. My sex life is none of your business.”

“But hers is! She’s practically my fucking little sister! What the fuck do we do if she’s pregnant, huh? Zone Three is no place to raise a baby!”

Ray sighs. “She’s not pregnant, I promise. Ninety-nine point nine percent sure.”

Fire flies from Gerard’s eyes.

“One hundred percent. I’m absolutely sure that she’s not pregnant.”

“Ray,” Gerard says, his voice dangerously quiet, “watch it.”

Finally, I stand and worm my way between the two young men, doing my best to protect Ray even though he’s vastly taller than me. “Gee, leave him alone. I started it.”

“That doesn’t help his cause.”

My teeth clench in frustration. “Leave him alone! These thing happen. We hadn’t even talked to each other in two weeks, Gerard; what did you think was going to happen? You’re going to have to give this same lecture to your brother any day now.”

Mikey, who followed Gerard from the kitchen, blushed beet red, but Gerard just rolls his eyes. “Fine. I knew this was coming soon anyway. Just be careful, okay? I don’t want anything happening to you. Or Ray, for that matter.”

I wrap my arms around him in a gentle hug. “Take a chill pill, Gee.” He just sighs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I despise the end of this chapter... I was so nervous when I wrote this... and it's a boring cliffhanger... bleh...

I'm obviously attempting to churn out chapters at light speed so that I can have this all online by the end of the week. I'm gonna be really sad when it's all over, though. I have absolutely no ideas for new stories after this... uuugggghhhh

Title credit: F.T.W.W.W. by My Chem.