‹ Prequel: Going Down In History

History In The Making

Afterthought

The conversation with my parents was gone as quickly as it had come. It didn't feel like a total of four hours I had talked to them. For all I knew, only ten minutes had rolled by.

Before they left, they gave me a final hug and said they would come visit from time to time. Becky was the last one I hugged. She had worked so hard on not crying all night, but as soon as I let go, I saw the tears streaming down her cheeks. She gave me a soft smile and didn't say anything as all three of them left the apartment. I looked around to see more people, but there were none. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and a head sit on my shoulder.

"They all left about an hour ago." Chris must have seen my confused expression about where all our guests had gone.

"Oh." Was all I could say. I didn't mean to blow off everyone else that was here, I just hadn't seen my parents, together, in such a long time. I relaxed instantly when I felt a pair of lips press against my neck, working their way to my collarbone. I giggled and turned around to see a very innocent looking Chris. "Chris.." I said as a warning. A grin appeared on his face as he pulled me closer to his body.

"What? I'm not doing anything." He mumbled as he leaned in and started kissing my neck again. It was getting harder to concentrate on what I was trying to say.

"Chris... You... I... Um... Ugh..." I closed my eyes and felt a smile form against my neck. He knew I was defeated. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He smiled and softly pressed his lips against mine. The kiss deepened before I had a chance to say anything more. His hands moved from around my waist to my butt, lifting me up to carry me away. I giggled and wrapped my legs around his waist, allowing myself to be carried to the bedroom.

I giggled the entire time of being plopped on the bed and Chris plopping on top of me. Our kisses became deeper and deeper, but my mind was wandering. A thought popped into my head and I couldn't resist saying it.

"Mmm. Chris?" I whispered between kisses. Either he didn't hear me or was too caught up in the moment to care. "Chris?" I said a little louder and pushed against his chest. He pulled back with a sigh and looked at me for a bit before rolling off the side and tucking his hands behind his head which rested on a pillow.

"Yeah?" He said with a strain in his voice while he looked up at the ceiling. I felt bad but I had to ask this.

"How did you get my dad to come all the way here?" I rolled over on my side and propped my head up on my arm so I could see his face. He groaned, took one of his hands and ran it down his face.

"I called your mom and she said to call your dad who was in Japan at the moment. He said he wouldn't want to miss such a joyous occasion so he flew out here two days ago and met up with your mom yesterday." He said with a bit of a bite in his voice. "Why do you want to know?"

"Oh, cause he never really took the time off of anything for me." I whispered quietly, trying to hold a tear back behind my eyes. It didn't work and the tear rolled down and collided with the pillow. "Wait a second. How did you know I would say 'yes'?" He sighed and rolled on his side, mirroring the position I held. His other arm reached out and stroked itself down my cheek. He stared at me a bit before answering.

"I hoped you would." He whispered as his hand stroked my cheek over and over. I closed my eyes at his touch and relaxed my body, laying down fully and cuddling into his side. His head rested on top of mine and I breathed in his scent, hoping that nothing would make me move from this very spot.

"Chris?" I said silently a little while after our previous talk. I knew he wasn't asleep because his hand kept stroking my arm and his breathing was still too fast.

"Hmm?" Okay maybe he was sleeping and everything was just a natural reaction. I turned my head up just a bit to kiss his jaw. I felt his mouth move into a smile under my lips. I pulled back and cuddled back into his body.

"I love you too." I breathed in his scent one last time and fell asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I made a banner
just in case nobody actually makes one
and there's like 5 boys who are in the classroom I'm in
they're really freaking annoying.
I'm trying to do homework and they're playing shitty music and being really loud
I want to smack them all and yell at them.
GRRRRRR