‹ Prequel: Going Down In History

History In The Making

Everything's Going To Be Alright

I waited outside maybe five minutes before Allyssa came through an alleyway and was by my side. I smiled at her and we started walking down the street side by side. Our conversation didn't stray much from talking about Chris. She was absolutely fascinated about story.

"So what happened when you guys were in San Diego?" She asked out of complete curiosity. My entire body went rigid just thinking about the events that happened. My eyes widened and I bit down on my lip, quite hard.

"You really don't want to know. It's such a long story." I muttered, not looking her in the eye but instead looking passed her and into a small cafe. She followed my gaze, gave me a quick smirk and pulled me into the cafe with her. We quickly sat at one of the tables in the back that nobody was around.

"If I didn't want to know, I wouldn't have asked. Now spill." She leaned forward on her arms that were resting on the table between us. I bit my lips again, not knowing if I could trust her with such a thing or not. Well, I didn't have to tell her everything.

"Well, um..." I started, trying to think of a way to start the short but complicated story of my experience in San Diego. I sighed and just decided to let it all out. "Well, Chris was let go from his job after the whole news broadcast was let out about him. He was under a lot of stress and thought it'd be better if we took some time apart. He didn't want the news to follow me around, I think. Anyway, I went to one of my.... friends... houses that I had met there before. He let me stay there, but there was a party that night and something happened that I don't want to talk about." I paused again, taking a look at Allyssa's face as I was saying all this. She had come even closer, her head was resting in her hands and her faces was that of complete awe.

"Go on." She encouraged and waved her hand, telling me to continue. I took another shaky breath before continuing.

"Well, I ended up in the hospital that night. Chris came and everything to see if I was okay. Him and Jo- my friend had gotten into this huge fight and I ended up going back to mine and Chris's apartment. We also got into a huge fight and decided that time apart would be best. So I left the next morning and went back to my friend's house where he let me stay. Well, J-my friend and I became rather... close.. er rather he became close with me, too close. When Chris finally called me to come back, my friend went crazy and kind of freaked out, ya know?" I concluded. I didn't really want to mention the rest of it, though I was already thinking about it. Every detail of the night he kidnapped me ran through my mind along with the sound of the gunshot.

"Well what happened to your friend?" As if she could read my mind. Tears formed in my eyes, but didn't go down my face at all. I choked back a sob and swallowed the knot in my throat.

"He, well, he killed himself." I whispered slowly. I didn't know if she had heard me or not, but right now I didn't really care. It was like the image of him putting the gun to his head was on instant replay in my head. I cringed every time the shot rang out.

"Jesus." She whispered, not looking at me either. She knew that she had brought a part of my past I didn't want to think much about. What she didn't know, was I woke up night after night from having a dream about it.

"I should really get back to the hotel. Chris might be home now." That was a lie. I just wanted to get out of this place and back into my own wall of self pity. I wanted to be with Chris, I wanted him to comfort me, tell me everything was going to be okay. I wanted to lay with him, me silently crying into his chest like I had done so many nights before.

"Yeah I should go too." She gave me a soft smile as she stood up. I followed after her and stood up. "Here, here's my phone number. Call me if you want to talk or if you just feel like you need a girl in your life." She handed me a slip of paper that had ten digits messily scrawled on it.

"Thanks." I said quietly and leaned forward, giving her a hug before I turned and walked out of the place.

I walked somewhat slowly as I made my way to the hotel. I was still thinking about him and it seemed that the thoughts wouldn't get out of my mind. Before I actually knew my surroundings, I was back at the front entrance of the hotel. I sighed, making my way inside and to our room. I inhaled a massive breath as I unlocked the door with the key card and stepped inside.

"Charlie? Is that you?" I heard Chris call from the other side of the room. I smiled to myself at his voice.

"Yeah. It's me." I tried yelling back at him, but it came out strained and not as loud as I wanted it to. I stepped more into hotel room to where I could see Chris. He was in the the small kitchen putting groceries away. As soon as he saw me, he dropped what he was doing and came over. His arms automatically wrapped around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked. I knew that he knew what was wrong. I let out a sob into his chest and he hugged me closer, resting his chin on top of my head and rubbing soothing patterns into my back.

"That night." Was all I had to say to let him know what was on my mind. I knew this wasn't the time to be breaking down, or maybe it was the perfect time. I heard him sigh and he pulled away, taking my face in his hands and wiping my tears with his thumbs.

"Everything's going to be alright." He whispered, leaning in to kiss my forehead before wrapping me into another hug. He pulled me over to the bed where I saw on his lap like a child. He reached over, grabbing one of the soft blankets and wrapped it around me. I didn't realize until then that I had been shivering, I wasn't even aware that it had been cold. He laid back, with me curled up into his chest and his arms around me. He kissed my forehead again and tightened his hold on me. "Everything's going to be alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
soo you guys disappoint me
last time I did a banner contest, tons of people entered it
oh well
guess I'll have to use mine
but if you feel like making one anytime during the story
and I like it better, then I'll use that one. [:
comments are appreciated <3