Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Protector

“Please!” I begged.

“I can’t tell you.” John chuckled. I pouted, attempting my best puppy dog face. “You’ll know soon”. He smiled and kissed my forehead. I sighed back against the couch.

Tour had ended now and we sat in John’s living room. We were alone in his house and we had settled for a movie. I cuddled against him under a blanket in the darkness and I had tried to convince him to tell me what he and my dad had talked about that night. It had to be good since he smiled so bright every time I asked him right?

“Are you mad?” He asked.

“No, I could never be mad at you.” I smiled, looking back at him.

“Ditto.” He replied and pressed his lips against mine.

We had finally “slept together” after I assured John about a hundred times that he was the one I wanted. I didn’t regret a second of it. I knew John was the one I would love forever.

“At what time is Garrett’s party?” I asked in between kisses.

“In an hour.” He answered.

“An hour?” I jumped up. “We need to go get ready.”

“Come on, love. We can be a little late.” John grabbed my hand and pulled me down to kiss me again.

“I promised Garrett I would help him.” I chuckled. John sighed as I pulled him to stand up. Once in his room, he closed the door and I grabbed my clothes.

“So, about this shower…” John said, walking over to me with a grin.

“Fine, but we have ten minutes to shower.” I chuckled, pecking his lips.

“You are too time managed, Carter Gomez.” He chuckled.

“Hey, I learned from Max, the best time manager. If it wasn’t for us keeping time, we would have never made it to any of your shows.” I answered, pulling him in the bathroom with me.

“And I thank you for that.” He smiled, locking the door.

The shower was fast, even though John would try to distract me by kissing my neck and such. I would chuckle and not give in. He sighed as we stepped out of his shower. He wrapped a warm towel around my cold body and hugged me. I put on my outfit before fixing my hair and makeup.

“You look beautiful.” John said, leaning on the door frame of the bathroom. Everyone’s going to have their eyes on you.”

“I can change.” I said. I didn’t want him to feel uncomfortable with other guys giving me hungry looks.

“No, it’s okay.” He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

“You know you’re the only one I want and love.” I whispered, pressing my lips against his.

“I know, but when guys give you those hungry looks, it bothers me.” He sighed.

“They’re a bunch of pervs. I will always only want you.” I assured him. He smiled and kissed me again.

“Ready?” He asked and I nodded.

“You look handsome by the way.” I grinned as he led me outside. He was wearing a nice pair of light skinny jeans, a black button down shirt, and his combat boots.

“And we match.” He smiled, opening the passenger door of his car for me.

We planned how we would pick up my friends from the airport the next morning on the short drive to Garrett’s house. John knocked on Garrett’s door once we arrived. Garrett welcomed us in with a bright smile.

“Thank you for coming early to help.” Garrett said as we followed him to the kitchen.

“You know I’m always here to help.” I smiled. John sat on the kitchen counter as I helped Garrett cook a few snacks for the guests. We were the only three in his house apart from Trey who was in the shower.

“So at what time do Melli and the others get here tomorrow?” Garrett asked.

“Hmm, I’m wondering why you mentioned Melli first, lover boy.” John smirked.

“Shut up.” Garrett blushed.

“They get here at nine in the morning.” I chuckled.

“Can I go with you both to the airport?” He asked.

“Of course.” I smiled.

“We can take the van.” John added.

“The infamous van which holds so many band and tour memories?” I asked. I hadn’t been in their van yet. I knew it was special to them.

“The one and only.” John answered, taking one of the chocolate dipped strawberries I had just put in the tray.

“Babe!” I eyed him.

“I’m sorry. I’m just a bit hungry.” He pouted.

“There are some chips on the top shelf.” Garrett pointed out as he made sure the floors were shinning clean.

I barely reached the shelf even with my heels on. I opened it and something hit my forehead. I fell back to the floor on my butt. I heard footsteps rush to me as I held my hand to my forehead.

“Are you okay, love?” John asked, kneeling down in front of me. He took my hand from my forehead to check the damage.

“What was that?” I asked.

“A can of beans. I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was up there.” Garrett answered.

“It’s okay. Just another clumsy me incident.” I smiled as John helped me up. “Thankfully it happened now and not when your house we’re surrounded by people.”

“Hold this against your forehead so you don’t get a bump.” Garrett smiled as he handed me a cold compress. I thanked him and John sat me on one of the chairs of the counter and sat next to me. The doorbell rang and Garrett went to answer it. He came back into the kitchen with Pat, Jared, Kennedy, and Max.

“Whoa, what happened?” Max asked when they noticed me holding the compress to my forehead.

“I was trying to grab a bag of chips for John and a can fell on my forehead.” I answered.

“I’m not surprised.” Pat chuckled. I stuck out my tongue at him.

“You look great by the way, Carter.” Kennedy stated. I blushed. “And I don’t mean that in any way, John.”

“Avert your eyes, Brock.” John chuckled. I knew they were joking around.

About an hour later, I pushed my way through the massive body of people in Garrett’s house. Music blasted from the speakers and all I could smell was alcohol and smoke. I was letting go for one night. I had already drunk two cups of beer and I was in my tipsy level. I couldn’t find John or any of my friends. There were cups all over the floor and house wasn’t as clean. I would definitely stay after to help Garrett clean. I finished my fourth cup of beer and went over to the kitchen to grab another.

“Mind pouring me a drink too?” A boy I didn’t know asked me. I nodded and handed him a red cup of beer. He thanked me and smiled. “I’m Beau, by the way.”

“Carter.” I smiled, before walking off.

“Wait, would you like to dance?” He asked, grabbing my wrist.

“No thank you.” I answered.

“You’re drunk. You don’t know what you want.” He grinned, pulling me towards the stairs with him.

“I’m not the only one who’s drunk. Now, let me go. I have a boyfriend.” I yelled, trying to unhook his hand around my wrist.

“I don’t see him anywhere so you must be lying.” He smirked, still dragging me along.

“Let me go, you asshole!” I yelled. His death grip on my wrist suddenly broke. I looked up to see John’s back standing in front of me. I peeked around him to see Beau recoiling in pain on the floor. John had punched him square in the jaw. Everyone around us watched and the music died down.

“She fucking told you to let her go.” John yelled at Beau. He laughed and stood up, swinging his fist at John. He was too drunk, though, and John easily caught his fist and knocked him down to the floor again. Garrett, Jared, Pat, Kennedy, and Max joined John.

“You need to go, Beau.” Garrett stated.

“Fine.” He laughed, standing up. “She’s probably just a worthless slut.”

What happened next seemed like a blur. John brought his arm back and punched Beau in the nose. The whole room let “ooh’s” and “ouch’s” escape from their mouths as Beau staggered back, holding his nose. He moved his hand as blood trailed down his nose and lip.

“Get the fuck out of my face you worthless piece of crap.” John yelled. “I’ll fucking kick your ass if you come within a mile of her again.”

I had never seen a “man” run away as fast as Beau did. I hadn’t moved from my spot. My drunken mind seemed to be slowly processing everything that had just happened. John turned and enveloped my small frame in his arms.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“I-I’m fine.” I answered.

“How much did you drink?” Pat asked.

“Almost five cups.” I answered. “I think.”

“I’m going to ask everyone to go. It’s late.” Garrett said before leaving with Jared to get everyone out of his house.

“How do you feel?” Kennedy asked.

“I feel magical.” I answered, not understanding why they were so worried about me. I felt fine.

“You don’t feel like throwing up or anything?” John chuckled.

“Why would I want to do that?” I slurred. “You guys are confusing me. Why are we not partying now that we’re together again?”

“Garrett’s asking everyone to go.” Max answered. “It’s already late and you have to go to the airport early in the morning.”

“We’re leaving for tour again? Yay!” I smiled.

“No, not until next week.” Pat chuckled.

“Your friends come tomorrow remember?” John asked.

“How could I forget? I’m a horrible friend.” I stated.

“You’re not a horrible friend. Let’s just say you’re not in your best judgment at the moment.” John smiled.

“Am I drunk?” I asked.

“Pretty much.” He chuckled.

“Alright, everyone’s gone.” Garrett said as he came back into the living room with Jared. I hadn’t even realized as people left Garrett’s house.

“Hey, man. Can I get that cold compress?” John asked. “I hurt my knuckles punching that bastard.”

Garrett nodded and went to the kitchen to get it. I stood up and grabbed John’s right hand. I stroke his knuckles softly and he just stared at me. I kissed his knuckles and wrapped my arms around him.

“Thank you.” I whispered. His arms enveloped around me again and he kissed my head.

Garrett came back with the cold compress and handed it to John. They guys talked in between themselves and I kicked off my heels and went off to start cleaning.

“You don’t have to do that, Carter. You can go to sleep in my room if you want.” Garrett said and I stuffed cups into a black trash bag.

“I promised I was going to help.” I answered, not taking no for an answer. Everyone chuckled and started helping me pick up.

When I saw the house was spotless, I settled my body in Garrett’s couch, closing my eyes. Someone’s warm hand stroke my cheek. I opened my eyes to see John bending down in front of me with a smile on his face.

“Ready to go home?” He asked. I gave him a tired nod. He picked me up bridal style and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“We’ll be at your house tomorrow before eight.” I heard Garrett say through my daze.

“I hope you don’t wake up with a bad hangover, Carter.” Pat added.

“We all know it’s going to happen.” I answered against John’s shoulder.

“You can drive right, John?” Max asked.

“Yeah, I didn’t drink anything.” John answered.

Everyone walked us outside and John carefully sat me in the passenger’s seat of his car before climbing into the passenger’s seat. The drive back home was quiet apart for the soft music coming from the speakers. We arrived back to John’s house at four in the morning and he offered to carry me again, but I assured him I could walk on my own. Once we quietly made it into his room, I washed my face and teeth and changed into shorts and one of John’s shirts. I climbed into his bed before he turned off the lights and joined me.

“How’s your hand?” I asked him.

“It’s alright.” He assured me.

“How did you see what was happening? I didn’t see you anywhere.”

“I was helping Jared out, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have my eye out for you.” He answered. “No matter what, I’m going to be in the background watching out for you.”

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“I love you. I’ll always protect you.” He said, kissing me.

“I love you too, but I want to be able to protect you as well.” I slurred, sleepily. I heard John’s soft laugh before fell into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update. Maybe working on three stories at the same time isn't the best idea.
I went to see The Maine on Wednesday and met all of them again. They're such great performers like always and such sweet guys. They just get better with each tour.
Well, I hope ya'll enjoy this chapter :)