Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

There's A Secret

My phone went off with my alarm next to me. I smacked it off. Wow was my head killing me. This is the reason I don’t drink. I remember everything that happened last night, but now I felt like utter crap. I turned to my side, not sensing John there. His spot next to me was missing. I heard muffled voices and stood up with a groan. I went into John’s bathroom to wash my teeth and face and brush my hair. I followed the voices to the kitchen.

“When are you going to ask her?” Pat asked excitedly.

“Soon.” John chuckled. “I need the perfect moment.”

“How about in Loren’s wedding?” Garrett asked.

“Hmm...I don’t know, we’ll see.” John answered.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked, stepping into view to see John and the guys gathered around the kitchen.

“N-nothing.” John answered, biting his lip.

“How do you feel, Carter?” Jared asked.

“Hungover.” I sighed, walking to John and wrapping my arms around him.

“Coffee?” John asked.

“Yes, please!” I nodded.

I went back to John’s room to take a quick shower and change as he made fresh coffee. I was excited to see my friends again. I changed into a short floral sundress with a small light brown belt around my waist, and gladiator sandals. I joined the guys in the kitchen again and they whistled, looking me up and down. I blushed and hid behind John. He chuckled and handed me a warm cup of coffee and two Advils. I drank the cup as fast as I could and we climbed into the van.

I climbed out of the passenger’s seat the second that John parked the van. I hurried them, twinning my finger’s with John’s, and dragging him along with me. We stood in the arrival area as people started to pour out. I yelped as I caught sight of Kirky first. I ran as fast as I could and jumped into his arms.

“I win. She loves me most.” Kirky laughed.

“Because she saw you first.” Vivi yelled. I jumped off Kirky and wrapped her and Melli in tight hugs.

“It’s been so long.” Melli said.

“I don’t know how you do it.” John chuckled, joining us with the guys.

“Why don’t we go drop off the luggage at the hotel and we go eat breakfast?” Kennedy asked. Perfect idea might I add, because now I was starving. Part of my hangover had gone away thanks to John’s delicious coffee and the two Advils.

After leaving my friends’ luggage in the hotel, we settled for breakfast in Waffle House. We took the space of two booths and ordered. I sipped on my warm coffee with a smile.

“I’m guessing the hangover’s gone since you’re smiling so much.” Garrett noted.

“Nope, still there.” I answered.

“Carter had a hang over?” Kirky asked dramatically.

“Since when do you drink?” Melli asked.

“It was just last night at the party which once again proved why I don’t drink.” I answered, looking at the guys. John gave my hand a soft squeeze.

“We only have four days to go house hunting?” Vivi asked.

“Yupp, we leave in five days to Hawaii and Jakarta.” Pat answered.

“We should start today then.” Melli said.

“We have to go to 8123 today, but can you guys handle on your own?” Jared asked and we nodded.

“It’ll officially be our first hours apart.” John whispered against my forehead as we walked outside and back to the van.

“That’s good, though. Some time apart.” I smiled.

“Call me when to come get you guys.” He said, before pressing his lips to mind. I watched the guys climbed into the van and drive off. I sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Kirky asked.

“They’re hiding something from me.” I answered.

“I think you’re just being paranoid.” Vivi said, patting my head.

“Okay, so I have a bunch of places to start by.” Melli said as we climbed into a taxi.

We checked about ten houses before we stopped to eat at a diner at six in the afternoon. The houses weren’t exactly what we were looking for.

“That was hopeless.” I sighed, sipping some of my milkshake.

“It’s our first day. We’ll find something.” Vivi answered. I let my forehead rest against the cold table.

“I’m guessing house shopping didn’t work out today.” I heard John say, and I bounced off the chair, wrapping my arms around him.

“If this is what happens after just a few hours of you not seeing each other, I can’t imagine if it were days.” Garrett chuckled, taking a seat next to Melli.

“Where are the guys?” I asked, pulling his hand to sit next to me.

“Back in 8123. We’re hanging out there for the night.” He turned to my friends. “Want to join?”

“Count us in.” Kirky grinned.

I climbed into the passenger’s seat of the van and John drove into the streets of Arizona. I noticed him look into the rear view mirror and he squeezed my hand, signaling me to look. I glanced and smiled. Melli was in the farthest seat of the van snuggled into Garrett’s arms. He kissed the top of her head and I smiled at John. He leaned in since we were in the longest red light in history and pressed his lips against mine.

“I love you.” I said in between our kiss.

“I love you more.” He chuckled.

“Eyes on the road!” Garrett yelled the second the light turned green.

“Cock blocker.” Kirky coughed.

John and I stayed behind in the van as everyone climbed out when he parked outside of the 8123 building. I gazed at our intertwined hands made circles with my thumb in the back of his hand.

“What’s wrong, Love?” He whispered.

“What were you and the guys talking about this morning?” I asked.

“Baby, it’s a surprise. I promise you it’s nothing bad.” He assured me, kissing my head. “I would never to anything to hurt you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize for anything.” He smiled, his lips grazing over mine. “You’re my perfect little angel.”

His lips pressed against mine before he went around and opened the door for me, helping me out. Everyone was emerging from the building with a cooler and lawn chairs.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“We sit outside in the parking lot. It’s a tradition.” Kennedy answered.

I was offered beer, but I shook my head. I was still recovering from the night before. I sat on John’s lap as everyone exchanged conversations. Around one in the morning, my eyes started to drop on their own.

“Do you want to head home?” John whispered, kissing my forehead. I nodded and he picked me up into his arms. He couldn’t drink either since he was the designated driver, and Garrett and my friends were drinking.

“Come on, Gare.” He called as he walked to the van. He sat me in the passenger’s seat and helped me with the seatbelt. Garrett and my friends climbed in clumsily and John started off for the hotel.

“Look at them.” John whispered. I turned and caught Garrett placing a kiss on Melli’s lips. “I hope he remembers this tomorrow.”

“He will.” I smiled and turned back to John before noting Vivi curled into Kirky’s arms. “He really does like her.”

I waited for John in the van as he helped my friends into their hotel room. I heard Garrett jumping over the seats pretending he was in an action movie. I laughed and turned to see him in the seat behind me.

“I saw what you and Melli were doing back there.” I said.

“You did?” I could see him blushing through the darkness.

“I’m happy for you.” I smiled.

“Thank you.” He returned my smile, his blue eyes shining.

After we dropped off Garrett and I changed into my pajamas, I happily dropped my body onto John’s soft bed. He joined me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his bare chest.

“You’ll find something.” John whispered, kissing my hair.

“WE will find something.” I corrected him. He chuckled and kissed the tip of my nose.

“Why are you so adorable?” He asked.

“I should be asking you that.” I grinned.

“I love you with my life, Carter Gomez.” He whispered, his lips landing on mine.

“My heart belongs to you, John Cornelius O’Callaghan the fifth.” I said, sleepily. I heard his soft laugh, my favorite sound in the world, as I drifted into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was kind of short, but I'm excited for the next one. Hmm..what is it that John is hiding from Carter? Any guesses?
By the way, THIS is what Carter wore for this chapter.
Comments, suggestions, predictions?