Status: completed :)

I'd Hate to See You Cry

Confessions

There was no doubt about it.

I loved Alex. I had loved him since high school. Nothing was ever going to change that. That's why I couldn't bring myself to walk back inside to Adam. I didn't want to face him. Or Cayla and Zack for that matter. I started to walk home. I didn't live far from here, and it was only 5:30 at night. My tears were already dry by the time I decided to leave the dinner. I was actually almost back to my house when I decided to text Cayla.

To Cayla:

Hey, C. I decided to go on home.

Didn't feel up to doubling.

-Katie

I sighed heavily. It didn't take her long to text back.

From Cayla:

You okay????? :(

-C

To Cayla:

Fine. I just nee to be alone.....tell Adam to go on home.

I'm OK :)

-Katie

From Cayla:

Gr! Fine. But you're the worst

liar ever! >:-}

-C

I rolled my eyes, and laughed lightly.

To Cayla:

Ooh whatever!!! :) Just be glad

that you're alone with Mr. Merrick ;)

-Katie

From Cayla:

OH GURL! I gotta go ;) I left

Zachary and Adam at the table

Bye!!!

-C

I laughed again, and I went up the stairs toward my room. I changed out of my clothes, and into my sweats.put on a pair of GK flip flops with it, and I threw my hair up in a loose pony tail. I went to the bathroom to check my face. My eyeliner was runny down my cheeks. I decided to wash off all of it. By the time I was done, the doorbell rang downstairs. I groaned because I knew I looked like I had been crying.

I walked down the stairs, and I looked out of the peep hole, even if it was completely light outside at 6:00 pm. I saw a nervous looking Alex outside. I hesitated, but I finally answered the door. I stood there for a minute just looking at him.

“Why are you here Alex?”

“I am an idiot.” He went right into his whole speech that I knew he thought over at least eight times. “I'm sorry, Katelyn. For everything I've done. I don't mean to be an asshole around Adam. I just, I can't stand the way he looks at you, Katie. It's like he is preying on you of something. I don't want you to be mad at me. God, I fucking hate it when I upset you. Dammit, you've been crying, haven't you?”

I just stood there, and I started at him as he apologized for being a total jackass.

“Do you want to come in out of the cold?” I asked him. It was the end of January, so I knew that he was probably freezing.

“That would be nice,” Alex fixed his beanie. I turned my back to him as he walked inside and shut the door.

“Do you want something to drink?” I asked right before I turned around. Instead of getting a answer, I got Alex's lips crashing into mine. I felt my eyes open wide from shock. He quickly pulled away after realizing I didn't kiss back.

“Gees, Katie, I'm sorry.” He put his head in his hands “I didn't mean to.”

I've never seen him so nervous before.

“Alex?” I asked. “Will you please look up at me?”

Alex hesitated, but finally his chocolate brown eyes finally connected with mine.

“I feel so stupid.”

“Alex, don't.” I stepped closer to him. I was nervous too, but I opened up my arms. Alex easily slid into them as we hugged for the first time in years. We just stood there hugging for a full ten minutes. When we finally pulled away, he was crying. It took a lot to make him cry.

“Dammit,” He muttered.

“Alex, what's wrong?” I asked concerned. He didn't answer right away. My concern and heart beat began to speed up again. Alex cupped my head in his hands.

“I love you, Katelyn.” He admitted. I knew that he would never lie about that. For the very first time since I've known Alex, I let my guard down. With him, it was never easy to keep up my wall. But now, it was so easy to just let it down.

“I love you too, Alex.” I mumbled before he kissed me again. I reacted this time by kissing him back. I kicked off my flip flop, and Alex picked me up. He made his way up the stairs. We parted lips, and my breathing was ragged.

“Room?”

“Second door on the left.” I mumbled before our lips were attacking each others again in a hungry kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie's sweats.

http://www.polyvore.com/katies_sweats/set?id=22984262I

I have almost ALL of the characters up now :) Check em out.