Status: ACTIVE! :)

Another Piece of My Heart

Awkward Encounters

“So she was like a sister?” He asked.

“Yeah, definitely. She was like my twin sister. We never left each others side. She was one of those people I couldn't live without. Losing her because of that mistake, would be like me losing Alex, or Zack, or Rian. It would be terrible.”

“All of us actually had a really hard time coming to terms that she wanted nothing to do with us anymore. It was like someone punching us in the face. You're so shocked, and you don't know what to do at first, but then you either fight back or move on.”

“Dude, that was a terrible example.”

“Dude, shut the fuck up.” Alex joked.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up from the couch, and I walked to my room. I shut the door behind me, and then I raided my closet. I found a pair of black skinny jeans, and my Glamour Kills tee-shirt. Those would be great for going to the mall to shop in. I took a look at myself in the mirror. My black hair was crazy wavy, and I was wearing my black-rimmed glasses. I decided that I was going to try to straighten my hair. I quickly got dressed, and then I went to the bathroom. I heated up my flat iron, and I walked toward Noah's room. I knocked on the door lightly.

“Come one in!” She called I walked in to see her deciding on a shirt. She was already wearing gray skinny jeans. “I can't choose between this Good Charlotte shirt or my Blink one.”

Argh. Fuck Blink 182.

Nothing personal, just don't like them anymore.....

“Wear the Good Charlotte one.” I encouraged her.

Noah nodded and quickly changed as I walked out of the room. I went into the bathroom, and I ran my flat iron quickly threw my hair. It was so much easier to do my hair than it had been before I got this one. When I was done, I looked at myself again in the mirror. My glasses actually looked cute with my outfit.

I smiled to myself. Shopping with Noah is just what I need, what WE both need.

♥♥♥♥

“Ugh. I do not like this song anymore.” I groaned as we walked out of Urban Outfitters. They had Weightless playing the entire time we were in there. I was suddenly sick of that song.

“Just a hour and a half ago you liked it.” Noah looked at me with this confused look again.

“I've changed my mind.” I replied. We were making our way to Hot Topic.

“Odd.” She looked at me with a funny expression. I chose to ignore it, and we walked into the store. I went over, and looked at all of the band tee-shirts. My eyes skimmed threw them all handing on the wall.

And there it was, proof. As if I need more.

All four faces on the tee-shirt.

They looked completely different, yet almost exactly the same.

“Aerie, come over here. I wanna show you something.” Noah called. I took one last look at the shirt, and I turned around only to bump into someone. I was nearly knocked the floor by the giant. I stumbled back and the side a little ways, but then I caught my balance.

“Sorry.” I muttered. I wasn't about to actually look at someone in the eyes. I hated doing that here.

“Gees, Dude!” Came a familiar face. I started to walk off. I made it over to Noah. She was showing me some bracelets, and such. They were really cute. We decided on a To Write Love On Her Arms one for each of us, and these cute hello kitty necklaces “Trip her why don't you?”

“I was about to say sorry, but she left!” The other voice defended himself. “I was about to say it.”

“Well how about we got over there and formally say we're sorry?”

“Why do you need to say that you're sorry?”

“Because I need to say I'm sorry for my friends child-like behavior. He's 22 barley, and still acts five.”

I silently prayed that they couldn't find me. When they stopped talking, I figured that they had left the store. Noah and I took our things to the counter, and we were about to pay.

“We've got this.” The giant stated.

I still fucking hated him,

“We can pay,” Noah protested, but that credit card had already been threw the machine, and back in his pocket.

I kept my back to them. I grabbed Noah's wrist, and I pulled her with me as we barley managed a 'Thanks'.

“Hey, wait!”

Now the asshole comes after me. What the hell.

“I'm really sorry about almost knocking you over,” He stated.

Noah had already turned around to face my two former friends.

“Aerie!” Noah hissed. “You're acting all weird! He just said he was sorry, but you are still walking?!”

I took in a deep breath as I turned around..

“I'm Noah Ritter.” Noah shook their hands. “And this is my friend Aria Nelson.”

I swear Alex's jaw dropped almost to the ground, and Jack's eyes grew about three times the normal amount

“Aria?!” Alex and Jack stated in unison.

I tried to force myself to smile at them.

“Hey.”

“Oh my god.” Alex stated. “Come here girl,” He wrapped me up in his arms in one of those famous Gaskarth bear hugs. I hugged him back. I really missed Alex..........

and Jack too.

I stepped out of his hug, and I looked at him.

“God, look at you Lex.” I stated. “You're blonde.” I laughed.

He ruffled his hair.

“Yeah. Looks different, doesn't it?”

“It looks good on you.” I agreed.

“And you do to!” He stated. “Since when did you go black?”

I had to laugh.

“Not too long ago. I was getting tired of the blonde and brown in my hair.”

“Jack was too.” Alex replied. I finally looked over at him. I looked into his eyes for the first time in years. He was looking completely different, and rough. Jack was actually growing facial hair. He was scruffy, and his hair was all black. Both him and Alex were sporting those famous hair styles that set the trends in our old high school during Senior year.

“Hi.” I replied meekly.

“Aria.” Jack wrapped me tightly against his lanky body. I didn't hug back. I couldn't hug back. It was still too hard. I was still in love with this kid, and he still viewed us that night as a mistake. Jack unlatched his arms a little, and looked at me. “Why aren't you hugging back? Come on, you're like my sister. I missed you a lot, Aria,”

There it was, the sister card.

I hated that card.

I didn't answer him. Instead I stepped out of his grip. Alex looked at me oddly.

Noah lightly elbowed me. I looked at her, and then I remembered that she had no idea who I was talking to.

“Oh!” I stated. “Guys, this is Noah. She's my best friend.”

Noah rolled her eyes.

“You don't do very good introductions.” Alex laughed. “I'm Alex.”

“Nice to meet you,” Noah smiled.

“I'm Jack.”

“It's nice to meet you too, Jack.” Noah replied. “How do you know Aria?”

“She doesn't talk about us?” Alex asked as he looked at me. “That's rude, Airbear.”

“Sorry.” I mumbled. “I don't like talking about the past.”

Noah gave me a confused look.

“I'm missing something here.” She stated. “ I've known you since we were sixteen, how could I not know who these guys are?”

I sighed heavily.

“Noah, these guys were my friends. I went to high school with them. We use to hang out.”

“Ouch.” Alex put his hand over his heart. “Were your friends, that hurts, Airbear. A lot.”

“This is Alexander Gaskarth.” Alex smiled and waved. I was quiet for a moment. “.....and Jack Barakat.”

Noah's eyes got big.

“Jack as in....”

Jack as in the Jack that you've been in love with, but never talk about anymore? I could read Noah so well. Thank God for that.

“That Jack.....”

“Ooh.....”

“Yeah.....”

Jack looked at me.

“What Jack?”

“Nothing.” I replied. “What are you guys doing here?” I asked Alex.

“You know, the usual. Walking around trying to pick up chicks, and seduce them.”

I had to laugh.

“Same ole' Alex.” I replied. “Just as much of a ladies man, and ass as he use to be back in high school.”

Jack looked around the mall awkwardly.

“Speaking of high school.....” Alex trailed off. “How have you been doing?”

I shrugged.

“Good, I guess. Noah and I live in an apartment in the Hills. We split the rent.”

“Did you ever go to school?” Jack asked me.

I laughed.

“Yeah, like I have the kind of money for that.”

Noah joined in on the laughter.

“We're too busy anyway. With our work schedules it hard to even hang out like we are today.”

“Where do you work?” Alex sounded interested.

“We work at a Bar and Grill.” I replied. “I have the night shifts, and she has the day. But it's rare we get the same day off like this. We usually only see each a hour out of the entire week.”

“That must suck.”

Noah and both shrugged.

“It has good health benefits.” She replied.

“And the pays good. It gives us a lot of money to save up for things that we need.”

“And random shopping spree's.” Noah added.

I didn't wanna know, but I did anyway.

“What have you guys been up too since...... you're party, Alex?”

“You know, tour.” He laughed. “Recording, tour, tour, recording, and more tour. Then recording again, and a little more touring.”

“Lifestyles of a rock star sound demanding.” I joked.

“You have no idea.” Alex laughed. “We met some really cool people though, so it's all worth it.”

“And the fans.” Jack smiled. “They're the best.”

“Sounds like you guys are living the dream.”

“I guess you could say that....” Jack trailed off. “I-we miss you, Aria.”

“A lot.” Alex stated. “Do you know how many failed relationships I've had since you left? More than I can count.”

I avoided eye contact. I had too.

“I'm glad that you guys are having a great time.” I forced a smile. They knew it was fake. They knew me better than anyone, even my own family. “So where is Rian and Zack anyway?” I asked.

“They're off somewhere.” Jack replied.

“We're suppose to meet them at the food court in like five minutes. Do you wanna come with us to say hey?”

I shook my head.

“I think that it would be best if you told them hi for me.” I replied. “It was good seeing you two, really.” I lied.

Alex looked at me, and I knew he could tell that I was lying.

“We have to get going. I've gotta go into work early.” I kind of lied. I hugged Alex tightly before giving Jack a awkward side hug, and then I waved. Noah walked away along with me. It was so hard to see him. I really didn't wanna bring those guys back into my life. It caused me too much heartache, and it wasn't worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :)

- Rae <3