Sentence Me to Another Life

First Days.

My alarm went off signaling my first day of work. I lazily lifted my arm to turn it off but ended up knocking it onto the floor by accident. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, while trying to convince my legs to get me up and out of bed.

I decided that since my parents kicked me out, it only made sense for me to get a job. That way I can actually afford this shit hole of an apartment.

I slipped my clothes on, and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. While I scrubbed away the morning breath, I decided to check my horoscope.

I picked up the news paper and scanned the astrology section for Aries.

Someone may enter your life today unexpectedly. You should be open with them, and though they may seem resistant at first, your persistence will pay off in the long run.

I smiled to myself the best I could with a toothbrush in my mouth.

I wonder if I'll meet a cute boy at work.

I rinsed my mouth and fixed my hair. I look good enough I suppose. Good enough for a bus boy at "Pizza Castle."

I smirked and looked at the clock. I had fifteen minutes to get to work. I grabbed my tarot cards, (I don’t leave the house with out them.) and headed out the door.

}*{

I walked in and it was nearly empty. There was one table of four, and that was it. Then there was the cute, tall, boy taking their order. I averted my gaze before anyone noticed my staring, and walked up to the man standing behind the register.

"Hi, my name is Brendon Urie. I'm supposed to start here today." I said, reaching out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Brendon. My name is Spencer Smith. I'm the manager here." he said, shaking my hand.

"Cool." I replied. "So where do I begin?" I asked.

He laughed lightly at my eagerness, and finished whatever it was he was doing. "Come with me." he said. "I'll show you around."

He ushered me behind the counter. "The kitchen is right in there. You'll probably start out with dishes, and I'm sure, or at least I hope, you know how to wash dishes.” he said walking me into the kitchen.

I laughed and nodded.

"Okay. Then basically, if you see dirty dishes on tables, clear then off then wipe the tables down, and bring them back here to be washed. You get a thirty minute break around two everyday, and if it's not busy, or dead, like it is most of the time, just try and look busy in case Jon walks in. He's the owner. I think he was the one who interviewed you?”

I nodded my head.

“Cool. And that boy over there is Ryan. Don’t mind him. He can be kind of a jerk, but don’t let him get to you. He doesn’t really like people.” The man named Spencer said, pointing to the cute tall boy I noticed when I walked in.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I said with a smirk, staring at the boy.

“Okay.” He said. “There are a few dishes in the back you can get stared on. I’ll let you know when its time for break.” He said pointing towards the kitchen.

I nodded and made my way back there. There were dished stacked half way up the wall. So much for a “few.” I sighed and got to work, hoping that I wasn’t the only dishwasher here.

}*{

After hours of pruney hands and painfully staring at the clock in silence other then the clanking of the dishes and the running of the water, Spencer came back.

“Hey Brendon, you can take your break now. You have thirty minutes, and a five dollar allowance from anything off the menu.” He said. Five dollars? Is there even anything on the menu for five dollars?

I removed my apron and walked out front. It was still pretty dead. Then why the hell did I spend three hours doing dishes?

“Spencer!” The tall boy whined. “When can I go on my break? My feet hurt.” I smirked at how much of a princess he sounded like.

Spencer sighed and glanced at his watch. “Why don’t you take your break now with Brendon.” Spencer said.

“Who the hell is Brendon?” he retorted.

Spencer sighed and gestured in my direction. I gave a small wave as he turned around to look at me. Ryan rolled his eyes and turned back to Spencer.

“Fine.” He said.

}*{

After I had gotten my food, I joined Ryan at a booth next to the window. He didn’t acknowledge me.

“Hey.” I said.

He sighed and mumbled a small “Hello.”

“Mind if I sit down?” I asked.

“You’re already sitting, so I guess I can’t object now can I?” he mumbled, not looking up at me.

For a second, I considered maybe leaving him alone to sulk in privacy. He didn’t really seem like the kind to sit and chat about nonsense.

But then I recalled what my horoscope told me:

They may seem resistant at first, but your persistence will pay off in the long run.

Hmmmm…..

“What’s your sign?” I asked after an awkward silence.

He looked up at me. “What?” he asked. “You mean like, astrological sign?”

“Yup.” I said. “I’m an Aries.” I said.

He looked at me almost incredulously. “I don’t know.” He said. “It all seems like nonsense to me anyway.”

My eyes widened. “It’s not nonsense!” I exclaimed. “Here, tell me when your birthday is.”

He sighed. “Brendon I really don’t-“

“Just tell me.” I said.

He sighed and rubbed his temples. “August thirtieth.” He mumbled.

I smirked. “So you’re a Virgo.” I said.

“I guess?” he said.

“How about a reading?” I asked. I’ll show him its not nonsense.

“A what?”

“A tarot card reading.” I clarified, pulling my deck out. “Ask me a question.” I said arranging the cards.

“I’d rather not.” He said.

“Come on, just ask me a question.”

He stared at me blankly.

“Fine. I’ll ask one for you. How is Ryan’s love life?” I asked. I examined the cards. “Hmmm. Interesting.” I said.

He rolled his eyes. “What does it say?”

I smirked.

“7 of swords reversed, Lovers reversed, and Ace of cups reverse…. It seems you are hiding something Ryan…. “ I said with a smirk. “And it also seems that you are unhappy right now-“

“I wonder why.” He cut me off.

I rolled my eyes. “In life I mean. Also, you are making a bad choice. Having some lover troubles Ryan?”

He stared at me blankly. “This is insane.” He mumbled under his breath.

“No.” I said. “It’s not. You just have to have an open mind.” I said putting my cards away.

He rolled his eyes. “I just don’t see the appeal.” He mumbled. “It doesn’t even make any sense.”

“That’s because you’re ignorant.” I stated. “Haven’t you ever wondered about your future? Or even your past?”

“My past?” He questioned.

“Yeah. Like past lives and such. It’s just so fascinating.” I elaborated.

“No I don’t wonder.” He stated. “Because there’s no such thing. Its just something that people come up with when they’re bored with their own life.”

I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Well, in my past life, I was told that I worked for a king. But then there was some sort of betrayal or conflict or something and I ended up dead. Its pretty bad ass if you ask me.” I said with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes. “Yeah. Sure. Whatever.”

“I can find out yours if you want-“

“No.” He cut me off. “I have to get back to work.” He said, standing up with his dishes and walking away.

I sighed. He’ll come around eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, I REALLY shouldn't be starting a new story.....
Oh well!