Sentence Me to Another Life

Denial

“Hey Ryan...” Brendon started, coming up to me.

“What?” I bit back bitterly.

He looked a little surprised by my tone of voice but continued anyway.

“I was just uh, I’m going to take my break now.” he said, removing his apron pocket thing. He then turned to wave at the cute boy exiting the building. The very one I had the sudden urge to dismember.

“What, now that you’re little toy is leaving you see no reason to work anymore?” I stated glaring at him. His eyebrows furrowed together.

“Uh. No, um, what? Ryan, is something wrong? I thought we were finally getting along. Did I do something?”

“No, I’d just rather you do your job instead of goofing off and acting like a little...” I trailed off, realizing what I was intending to say might get me in trouble with Spencer.

“I, uh, right. Sorry. Um, I’m going to go, uh, get my food, and eat in the back.” he mumbled, quickly rushing behind the counter.

I sighed.

“Do I detect a hint of jealousy?” a different voice spoke form behind me, causing me to jump.

I turned around and spotted Spencer, leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

“What? No. Of course not. Go away.” I said, turning away from him. Spencer chuckled.

“You know, it’s my job to tell him what to do. Not yours. And he wasn’t doing anything wrong.”

“Shut up.” I snarled, still not looking at him.

“It’s okay to actually not hate someone for a change you know. In fact, it’s totally okay to, you know, actually like someone.”

I sighed. “I have a girlfriend Spencer. I’m not... I don’t swing that way.”

“Yeah, okay. Whatever. By the way, has Keltie come back yet?”

I froze. Okay, so maybe I kinda forgot one small detail in that she left me. And I don’t know when or if she’s coming back.

“I... I have to get back to work” And convince myself i don’t swing that way.

~*~

I stood in the kitchen glancing out the window towards the garden. Thomas was out there with a few of the other servants, collecting things for tonight’s meal. It was considerably warm today, so a couple of them had taken their shirts off.

Including Thomas.

My eyes fixed themselvs on the sweat glistening against Thomas’ skin, and his muscles that flexed every time he lifted the wheelbarrow. I couldn’t look away; he was a beautiful boy. But that by no means, meant that I had feelings for him.

And I had told him that. Just because we got along well, and understood each other inside and out didn’t mean that I was attracted to him.

I finally tore my gaze away when Thomas looked up and met my eye. I Blushed and turned away, heading back towards my quarters.

I made it to the sitting room when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around to see the boy who lingered in my thoughts.

“Sir.” Thomas said.

“Good afternoon Thomas. I was just off to my quarters.”

“But it’s nearly midday. May I speak to you in private sir?” he asked.

“That wouldn’t be appropriate-”

“Please, sir.” Thomas begged.

“Alright. Follow me then.” I said, giving in and leading him to my quarters after I had made sure no one was looking or listening.

Once safe inside, I closed the door and turned to him. “What is it Thomas?” I asked.

He smirked and looked up at me through his shaggy hair.

He then took a step closer and I gulped.

“I saw you staring at me.” He mumbled, with a smirk on his face.

I immediatly became defensive and stepped away.

“I was not!” I defended.
“It’s okay.” He said touching my arm. “I didn’t mind.”

I should have stepped away from his touch but I didn’t.

“Thomas, I told you, there’s nothing between us. I’m sorry but, you’re a man, a boy, and I will be betrothed soon. I can be there as a friend, but not a lov- I’m not attracted to you in that way.” I finished, blushing profusely and backing away from him.

“George, sir, we both know that’s not true.” He mumbled, not meeting my eye. “I’ve seen the way you look at me. I can tell by the way you touch me that somewhere in the back of you mind you see me as more then a servant. As more then a friend.” His hand moved up from my arm to my neck, and he gently carressed the side of my face with his thumb.

“B-But it’s s-sin.” I stammered out. “In the bible-”

“If God loved you he’d accept you for who you really are.” He mumbled, his gaze finally moving to my face. I couldn’t help but lock eye contact. If my father were here, or even my mother, they’d probably say something along the lines of “Those low class people and their loose justifications,” or probably accuse him of working for the devil and trying to persuade me to join the dark side.

And normally I would listen. But right now I was having a hard time remembering to breath, because, did he just get closer?

I could feel his short nervous breaths on my lips. His hand was still on my neck.

“Thomas...” I whispered, and I wasn’t sure if it was a warning or an invitation.

Then he slowly closed the space between us, pressing his lips to mine. It was the first time someone had kissed me other then my mother, and I didn’t pull away like I had expected to. Instead I let my instinct take over and gently moved my lips against his. He then returned the gesture, bringing the other hand up to caress my face as well. My hands soon found his waist.

He pulled away slowly, and when I opened my eyes, he was looking up at me with innocent, pleading eyes. Neither one of us said anything, then I leaned forward and sealed our lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, is it me, or does it seem like people on Mibba are disappearing? Like, no one ever updates or comments with the exception of like four people. xD huh, oh well. Anyway, not to whore off my stories again, but I've started a new short-ish Peterick story, and it would be really great if you guys could check it out. Seriously, I'm working really hard on it :) It's called Lost and Found Out

We love you guys, and thank to those of you who have commented, you have no idea how much it means. :3

Also, follow me on Tumblr