Guilty So Guiltless

Evangeline

The floor creaked, and I closed my eyes, holding my breath. I glanced behind me, and saw that Zach was fast asleep, and wouldn't wake up any time soon.

I clutched the two Benjamins that I sniped from his wallet, the two hundred bucks that he had promised me, and as quiet as I could, I grabbed my stilettos and opened the door, to a dark morning.

The sun was just rising, and honestly, I was a sucker for sunrises. I stared in awe, as I saw the beautiful colors streak across the sky and I slumped against the lamppost outside of Zach's apartment.

God, he would have be so angry to see that I left.

Well fuck him, I had things to do.

I slipped my stilettos on and I walked down the busy street in Tempe. Thankfully, Zach lived close to a 7-11 and I walked in, knowing all too well that people would see a hooker or a prostitute, or whatever they call girls like me. Normally, I wouldn't look like that in a fucking 7-11, but I was at a mad party last night, and Zach, well, we hooked up and he took me back home to his place, only if he paid me.

Which I usually don't do either, but I needed some money.

I went straight to the coolers in the back and pulled out a couple six packs of Millers. I needed it for another party. My best friend, Aria, was throwing it and she always had me on drinks and music.

Which was great because music was my specialty.

I passed by the candy section and stopped before grabbing a couple of Reese's Whips before slamming everything on the counter infront of the clerk.

He looked from the stuff to me to the stuff again.

"I'm in a hurry," I sneered at him, but instantly regretted it when he turned red and mumbled a, "Sorry."

I act mean, but I never feel mean. It was just in my nature to just call people out. But when they feel embarrassed or hurt, thats when it starts to get to me.

He rang up everything and kindly placed them into bags and gave me my receipt.

"Thank you." I said, taking it. He avoided my eye, so I said, "I'm sorry. I'm in kind of a rush and everything it just--"

The man cut me off and smiled, "It's okay."

I nodded my head and walked out, with a huge load of the beers, especially. When the sliding doors opened, I wasn't looking and almost collided with someone.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, feeling the six packs about to slide out of my hands and shatter onto the floor.

"Whoa," The male voice said, holding onto me. His strong arms held me in place, so I wouldn't fall.

I looked up, about to call him out for running into me, before my heart suddenly froze.
The realization creeped onto his face and he let go of me quickly.

"Evangeline?" He looked me up and down and finally, his grimace landed on my face. A face he had not seen in two years.

I did not say a single word, for I would probably say something I could regret later. Fortunately, I was able to recover.

Kennedy Brock stared at me for what felt like long hours before I cocked my head and raised an eyebrow. "Can you move? I need to be somewhere."

But he didn't budge.

So, I rolled my eyes and side stepped him but his arm lashed out and he stopped me.
I shot him a glare.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Kennedy said, quietly, more to himself than to me. My nerves were about to explode if I waited any longer. Kennedy Brock did things to me; he always had.

"People come back." I said, staring into his dark brown eyes. Flashes of that day ran through my eyes, and I took a silent breath, to assure myself that I would be okay.

"You weren't supposed to." It was like he suddenly remembered. He spat those words at me, anger flashing in his eyes.

"But I did." I said. "And now, I will you leave you so I can tend to the errands I have to run today, Kenny."

I moved his arm and took two steps away from him before I turned around and mustered up the courage to say, "Hopefully, we won't see each other again."

I even knew how much of a lie that statement was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whassup, guys.
Intro to EVANGELINE, hope ya like :)
Comment, por favor <3