Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

California Bound

"Are you sure you want to move there? I mean, we have our jobs." I argued with him.

Ugh. Anything to keep us from going to Baltimore, Maryland.

"We have jobs there now, Katelyn. I’m opening a restaurant, and you’re teaching dance classes. Plus your dad is there."

I sighed heavily, and shut the last of my suite cases that were left in our loft.

"Do you know where we are moving into?" I asked.

"Um. . .no. You’re dad sat everything up." Mason explained. "Katelyn, love, why are you fretting?"

"It’s nothing," I smiled.

"Good." His lips pressed mine lightly. "Next month, it’s just you and me."

"Sounds almost perfect." I felt my smile grow really wide. "We are flying to LAX right?"

"I think so, why?"

"Do you mind if we stop somewhere before heading to Baltimore?"

"Sure thing, Love." He kissed my head, and we shut down our loft for the last time.

 

 

18 hours later.

 

I slowly walked up to the door. I have no idea how they were going to react, but I took the chance. I reached the front door, and knocked.

"Honey, door!" I heard Cayla yell from inside, making me chuckle.

"I got it!" Zack called back before opening the door. "Oh fuck! Get the hell in here, girl!" He pulled me into a massive hug.

"Babe, who is it?" Cayla called. Zack ignored her, pulling me into the house. Mason followed us toward their kitchen. Cayla’s back was to us, she was in a pair of long shorts, and a white tank top. She had a healthy tan, and her hair was wavy.

"Look at what the cat drug in." Zack went up, and kissed her head. She turned around, and smiled.

"Katelyn!" She yelled. She came around the counter. Her tummy was sticking out. "You look great!"

"You look...pregnant!" I giggled as I hugged her the best way that I could. "When did this happen?"

"Five months ago, after we got married." Zack happily wrapped his arm around her pregnant frame.

"That’s great!" I smiled.

"Speaking of weddings, did you receive our invite?" Mason asked them.

"Yeah, last week we did actually." She smiled. "We leave for B- More next week."

"I think that we might fly to Baltimore in a few days." I informed them. "Mase, how about we just move here instead of going back to Maryland?"

"But we’ve already promised your dad, and the house is already bought."

"Damn you."

I hated when he made more sense than me. Mason kissed my head lightly.

"Hey, babe?" Cayla looked up at Zack.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go to the gym with Mason?"

That was obviously code for ‘get the hell out of the house so we can have girl time’.

"For sure." Zack took his arm from around his wife, and headed out of the house with Mason. Cayla walked into the kitchen again, picking up her bowl of fruit.

"Do you want some fruit?"

"That would be great." I smiled. I sat down at her dining room table. Cayla sat down across for me, and she eyed me.

"I can’t believe it."

"Believe what?" I laughed.

"You have jet back hair."

I nodded, laughing.

"Yeah, I do."

"When did that happen?"

"About two months after you came back to the States."

"Awesome." She laughed.

Dead silence for about five minutes.

"How’s...."

It physically hurt to ask about him, let alone say his name.

"It tore him up." Cayla knew what I was talking about. "He wrote songs about it, Katelyn. He wrote a lot of them."

"Oh."

I should have figured that much. After all, he is a rock star.

"Did you honestly not expect him too? It’s been two years."

"I know." I mumbled.

Cayla sighed.

"How long have you been engaged again?"

"Two and half years."

"Think you’ve waited long enough?" She giggled.

I almost nodded.

"The wedding is next month. Then I believe I will be ten times happier than I am now."

"Do you really believe that?"

"Yeah." I nodded. I ate more fruit. "So, when do I get to hear these songs that are written about me?"

"I have most of them on my iPod. Do you want to hear them now?"

I chewed on the inside of my cheek. It took me a few minutes before deciding.

"Um...yeah." I agreed, then standing up, going into the living room. She sat down beside me after putting her iPod on the iHome. She grabbed the remote.

"This one is called Stella."

Great, Alex. Thanks for using my middle name instead of my first. I listened to the song closely. I liked it, but I didn’t like what it was about. Stella was followed by Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t), Walls, Too Much, and Therapy.

"Ooh wow." I took in a deep breath. "Those are.....they explain a lot."

"Oh, and there is one more." She pressed play on a newer song that I really liked. "It’s called Actors." I felt tears starting to form in my eyes, but I quickly made them go away. It was a talent that I developed while thinking of Alex.

Which was often, so it came in handy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry.... I couldn't wait to post! Comments!

- Rae <3