Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Katie's New Bestie

"Katelyn, he misses you more than anything, you know that right?"

"Cayla!" I groaned loudly. "Alex, and I aren’t good together. We agreed on that two years ago."

"No, you left each other extremely pissed off.

"He didn’t tell anyone did he?" I asked, slightly surprised that he hadn’t.

"Tell anyone what?"

"Later that night we met in the coffee shop, and talked it out."

"Oh."

"He told me that we couldn’t be friends, and I agreed with him."

"Alex told you that?!"

"Yeah. We agreed to it before departing." I replied. My pain felt touchable. "He may miss me, but we just aren’t a good couple. Have you actually listened to his songs about me?"

I just heard them today, and the lyrics said a lot.

"Yes, I have! And the fact that he keeps writing them should tell you something!"

Cayla was frustrated with me, but I honestly couldn’t blame her. It was silent for a few minutes.

"I’m sorry, Cayla." I finally said out loud. "I-I just really don’t like talking about him."

She only nodded once, letting silence come over us again.

"I-it’s fine. I just don’t understand your relationship with him. I mean, when you guys were together, it gave the rest of us a headache."

I almost giggled in agreement.

"My relationship with Alex was never perfect, no matter what stage it may have been in. We did fight whenever we were together, but there were great parts to it too."

"Like?"

"He was the best boyfriend ever. He cared for me. We talked about everything. Nothing was off limits."

"Nothing? Not even that time of the month?"

"Not even that." I laughed as she wiggled her eyebrows.

I really did miss Cayla.

 
♥♥
 

Week and half later.

I was sitting in the kitchen of my new house, not entirely thrilled that it wasn’t all that new.

"Isn’t this house great? Your dad said that it was perfect for us."

Yay dad. Thanks for putting me back into my old house that I used to share with Jenna and Cayla. I WAS NOT thrilled with the placement. Not thrilled at all.

"Sure." I mumbled, hopping up on the kitchen counter. Everything still looked the same as it did the day I moved out and into Alex’s house.

"Love, you don’t seem to thrilled."

I’m not.

"Sorry, Mason." I smiled. "I just...this house isn’t exactly new."

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"I used to live here. Like, before I moved to London."

That was a lie.

"Oh." He nodded.

I never told him about Alex and me. He didn’t know how serious our relationship was or how in love I was with Alex. All he knew was what Alex told him. Mason was lead to believe we were nothing more than bed buddies.

"Yeah, but it’s cool. We can still like here, obviously."

"That’s great." Mason kissed the side of my head.

"I’m going to go shopping or something. See you later tonight?"

"Sure thing, Love,"

I smiled, jumping off of the counter, and then I kissed his cheek softly. I made sure that I looked presentable before I picked up my purse and keys. I left my house, driving to the nearest gas station. I parked my black Mercedes, and pumped the gas. Since I forgot my credit card at home, I had to pay inside. When I was almost up to the counter, I noticed at brunette in front of me. She looked oddly familiar.

"Lisa?" I asked out loud.

The brunette turned around, smiling at me. She blinked a few times, but never stopped smiling.

"Oh my gosh! Katelyn!"

Lisa wrapped me up in a huge hug. Surprisingly, I hugged her back tightly.

"Hey!"

"It’s been forever!"

"Two years." I nodded in agreement.

"We really should catch up."

"Yeah." I replied, and then I got an idea. "Lisa, do you want to come to lunch with me?"

"Sure." Lisa nodded, moving out of the way so that I could pay for my gas. I payed, and we headed toward the door. "Can we drop my car off by my house first?"

"Of course," I laughed. We got into our cares, and I followed her to her house. Lisa parked her car, and locked it. I unlocked my car so that she could open the passenger door.

"How have you been, Katelyn?" She asked me.

"I’ve been good for the most part, besides moving back here."

"Oh. Why did you move back?"

"My fiancé, Mason and my dad wanted us to come back."
"Oh," Lisa nodded.

Then my car was silent as I pulled into The Olive Garden.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter two! :)