Status: random updates. COMMENT! :D

Breathless

sixteen

“What did you do? Buy the whole flower shop?” I asked when he came back out and got into the car. He had two giant bouquets of different kinds of flowers that he asked me to hold.

“I thought about it,” He joked. “Two bouquets of flowers didn’t seem enough for you.”

“You’re so cheesy,” I commented, smelling the flowers. “I love these,” I said, nodding to the bouquet with the pink roses.

“Good, you can take those back to Johnny’s and then the other one can stay at my house.”

“Don’t you think Johnny will be suspicious?” I asked him.

“Definitely,” He said. “But he’ll find out eventually.”

“I’m just hoping it’s later rather than sooner.” I muttered, smelling the flowers again. The smell of the flowers calmed me down a little bit. I knew that eventually we would have to tell Johnny that we were dating. But I wanted to wait it out a little longer.

“He’s my best friend Aria; I don’t want to keep lying to him.”

“I know Brian; I’m just scared to see how he’ll react.” I sighed. “He might kick me out.”

“Is that what you’re worried about? Aria, I know Johnny might be hurt and mad for a while but I don’t think he would ever kick you out. He said so himself, he loves you.” I flinched. “And even if he does, you can live with me or any of the other guys if you have to. Don’t worry about it.”

“I’ll think about it,” I told him, leaning my head against the window. The sky was beginning to turn grey and rain was starting to fall.

When we got back to Brian’s house, he took the flowers from me and handed me a key.

“Unlock the door for me,” He said. I nodded and skipped up to the front door. I unlocked the door and ran in, calling out for Pinkly. The small dog came running around the corner and started scratching at my legs.

“Hi baby!” I said excitedly and picked her up.

“She loves you more than me,” Brian said when he walked in the door. I chuckled and turned around scratching her head.

“She never gets to see me, you always do. She’s bored with you.”

“Thank you Aria,” He said sarcastically. I stretched up on my tip toes and kissed him lightly. He smiled when I pulled away. “I’m going to put these in water, go find a movie.”

“Yes sir!” I said and marched away from him and into the living room. I heard him chuckle as he walked into the kitchen. “What do you think we should watch?” I asked the small dog that was sniffing my shirt. I chuckled, patting the small dogs head and began searching through the movies.

A minute later, I was pulling Never Say Never out of its spot when Brian pulled it out of my hands.

“You never saw that,” He said, hiding it behind his back when I looked at him. I chuckled.

“I think I did.”

“Matt got it for me as a joke,” He said quickly.

“I’m sure he did.” I said sarcastically. Brian stuck his tongue out at me.

“I hope you like Chinese because that’s what I ordered for dinner.”

“I love Chinese,” I moaned. Brian’s eyes went dark for a split second before he smiled.

“Good,” He said, putting the movie back in its place. “Find anything other than that?”

“No, not yet, you have a lot of chick flicks.”

“My mom always loved chick flicks so I stocked up on them for when she came over.”

“That’s sweet,” I said, smiling up at him. He smiled back and kissed me lightly. The shrill sound of Brian’s phone ringing caused us to break apart.

“That’s probably Johnny,” He said, disappearing into the kitchen for a few seconds before returning with the phone to his ear. “Yes Johnny, I got her back to my house safely. She’s fine.” He reassured him. I smiled and stood up, forgetting about the movie for now. “She’s right here,” He said before holding the phone out to me.

“Hey Johnny,” I said, taking the phone from Brian.

“How are you doing? Not fighting with Brian I hope.”

“I’m fine mother,” I said chuckling. “Brian and I are going to watch a movie before I get started on homework.”

“Did you get your paper back from your English teacher?”

“Yep, I got an A.”

“Good,” He said happily. “I’ll call you tomorrow morning; we might have to stay an extra day.”

“Everything okay over there?”

“Great actually,” he responded. Brian looked over at me with a bored expression. He started running his fingers up and down my arm. “That’s why we may have to stay a little longer.”

“That’s great Johnny. I’ll talk to you tomorrow then.”

“Have a good night, Aria. Be good for Brian.”

“You really are turning into my mother.” I joked before ending the call. Brian chuckled, taking his phone from me.

“Are you still afraid of telling him about us?” Brian asked, tucking his phone in his back pocket.

“Not so much, just not ready yet.” I said shrugging. He nodded, knowing not to drag the conversation out any longer.

“Did you ever find a movie?” He asked, playing with the ends of my hair.

“No, nothing sounds interesting right now.”

“How about we play a game instead,” he suggested smiling.

“Do you have black ops?” I asked him, smirking.

“Please don’t tell me you’re good at that.” He moaned.

“Good is an insult to my skills,” I joked, sticking my tongue out at him.

“We’ll see,” He said, pulling away from me and grabbing the game.

“Let’s make this more interesting,” I suggested as he put the game in the player.

“Whatcha got in mind?” He asked, coming over to sit next to me. He handed me a bright pink controller that made me laugh.

“If I win, you have to cook me a proper dinner. No frozen dinners, no take outs, real food that you will cook.”

“And if I win?”

I thought about it for a few seconds while staring at Brian’s face. I knew what he wanted me to say.

“You can tell Johnny about us.”

“Deal.” He said without hesitation. He raised his hand to my face and caressed my cheek. He leaned in and let him mouth hover over mine. “Sealed with a kiss,” He whispered before pressing his lips to mine.