Welcome To Battery City, Killjoy

Let's Blow A Hole In This Town

"I WANNA MAKE SOME BABIES, I WANNA GET IT ON! I WANNA MAKE YOU HORNY, BUT I CAN'T GET IT UP!" We all screamed along to the Mindless Self Indulgence song as we drove closer to Nuclear's place.

"Whoa! What's that?" Stew pointed ahead of us. There was a bright light faintly flickering just over the hill.

"It looks like a fire." I observed squinting through my black rimmed glasses. Nuclear's face turned to horror as we got closer to the glow

"No, no, no, nononononononono. It can't be." Tears started to fall from Nuke's face which was a rare sight. The light became clearer and as we drove into the familiar town. Flames arose from the building and smoke smothered the night sky. Memories flashed through my mind. By the looks of it, they flashed through Nuclear's too.

"Nuke, it's too dangerous to be here." I cautioned her. Yet, she kept driving at a slow pace.
"Nuke, Nuclear." I shoved her arm a bit, but her only response was to speed up, turning corners, avoiding flaming debris flying every which way until she stopped in front of her big white house that hadn't been touched by fire yet. Nuke jumped out of the car and ran toward her house. Why hadn't her house been destroyed yet? Why hadn't this whole block been destroyed? The town was quite obviously attacked by B.L.Ind. Knowing what they do, they wouldn't stop till the whole town was nothing but ash. Which meant that they were still here. I turned around to a frightened Brain Stew squinting her eyes closed. Out the back window at the end of the street I saw a large explosion as a house at the end burst into flames. Oh no.

I ripped off my seatbelt and yelled at BS as I opened the car door. "Stay here! I'll be right back! Keep your raygun out!" I sprinted into the dark house searching for Nuclear.

"NUKE! WHERE ARE YOU?" I tried flipping a light switch. Nothing happened. Dammit. "NUKE!" I called again and ran up the stairs and began opening every door. I ran to the room at the very end of the hall and shoved the door open. "Nuke! We have to get out of here now!" I screamed at her lying on the floor sobbing.

"I'm not leaving!" She yelled back, her voice muffled by her tears and the sound of another explosion.

"You have to, B.L.Ind is here and they are going to blow up your house!" I screamed pointing out the door. Then, once she refused again I stomped over to her and lifted her up by the arm. "Let's go!"

I took her out into the hall "Wait." She said.

"Wait?! We don't have TIME!" I emphasised as another explosion sounded, getting closer. She squirmed out of my grasp and opened the closet door. She began frantically throwing towels into the hall before getting to her secret stash of guns and ammo. My eyes widened as she opened it up to check if there were the right things in there. She grabbed lifted cardboard box.

"Let's go." She said through still teary eyes.

We headed down the stairs as a huge BOOM erupted the house rattling it and making me fall to my knees. Nuke gave me a frightened look and we scrambled to our feet and headed out the door.

I jumped in the drivers seat and she got in the passenger side without refusal, knowing she was too big a wreck to drive. Laser beams shot by us. "They saw you, the draculoids!" She opened the window and began shooting at them. Nuclear followed suit and I began to drive away. Nuke and Stew stopped shooting and a final BOOM in the distance. Nuclear began sobbing.

I reached my hand out and stroked her arm "Hey, hey, none of that. You're alright. We're safe. Deep breaths." I started deep breathing and she did the same, her breath shaky. I let out a small smile and she returned it.

"Thank you." She said. There was a long half hour silence.

"Ahhh!" Brain Stew screeched.

"What, what?!" I yelled pulling the car over and turned around to see a black and grey dusty colored furball reaching towards Stew as she cringed in the corner.

"That thing jumped out at me from under the seat!" She yelled pointing.

"BOWIE!" I yelled and Nuclear picked her up and sat him on her lap stroking his soft fur.

"I hate cats." BS murmured and I giggled.

"You still have him?!" I stated

"Well duh! He's right here in my lap, isn't he?"

"You sarcastic ass." I laughed giving her a playful hit on the arm.

"Well, now that I'm scared shitless, I'm going to bed. It's like 3 am and it's been a long day. Goodnight." BS said laying down across the seat. I began driving once again. After we were sure Stew was asleep we began talking.

"So, where'd you get all that weaponry?" I asked Nuke.

She shrugged "I just collected them over time, I guess. They were for emergencies."

After a long silence she turned on the radio. "So what do we do now?"

"Huh?" She asked, she was lost in the music.

"What are we gonna do now, where are we going to go."

"I don't know."

"I think we should head to Battery City."

Her voice sounded shocked "What? Why?"

"We may find some promise there. We could find people. There are a lot of Killjoys in the city, hiding out. It may surprise you."

She shrugged again. her eyes were dark and her makeup was smeared. She didn't look at all like the Nuclear Damsel I knew.

I sighed "I think we need rest. Tomorrow is going to be an even longer day" Nuke nodded in agreement and a ways up the road we parked behind an old semi weigh in station. I turned off the ignition and closed my eyes. I was out in a flash.
♠ ♠ ♠
Need. Comments. Or. Else. I . Will. Die.
This chapter title goes to Bulletproof Heart by My Chemical Romance
I wasn't gonna so song quotes for this story, but it fit so I thought "What the hell!"

I don't really love cats. I'm more of a dog person, but I REALLY want a cat named Bowie!

I really think this story is starting to pick up now. I think we'll be meeting some special people next chapter ;)