Status: Active on weekends. :)

Live the Dream

Losing Hope

Pacing back and forth through the apartment wondering where everyone was at, and why I was the only one that wanted the band to move forward. I wasn't going to give up that easily, but they seemed to think differently.

"Skyler?" I walked around the apartment, searching for my twin.

No one was in sight, and I was getting annoyed by this. I knew that so many labels have turned us down but that wasn't going to stop me. I sighed, guess they might've left. I knew being in a band would be difficult and that getting signed would be harder. I wasn't going to give up, I walked over and grabbed a few copies of our demo and started putting them in small packages.

My phone rang but I didn't get it. I was trying to clean up the apartment, wondering where my twin was. I got tired of the ringing, so I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Miss Williams?"

"Yes?"

"This is Sandra Dawson from Interscope Records. You sent us your demo"

I grinned, perhaps this time it would be different and we would make it it big, maybe our dream was going to come true.

"Yes."

"Well, I just called to inform you that we're not looking for any new bands at this point I'm sorry"

I sighed, "Oh, all right thanks,"

I hung up and set my phone down, another disappointment that I would not tell my brother about, but I'm sure he will find out sooner or later.

"So, as I was telling you, Liam, Liam are you even listening?" I could hear Skyler shake his best friend.

I frowned and continued my attempt at song writing, which sucked terribly so I threw everything away.

"Hey, Autumn" they both greeted.

I however, did not greet them back, instead I got up picked up my things and went to my room where I locked the door and jumped in bed.

"Autumn? Are you okay?" Skyler was knocking at my door.

"Just go away, I want to be alone to reflect over stuff"

"Did someone call?"

"Yeah, another rejection" I muffled on my pillow.

He must have heard me because he didn't say much, I thought I could be strong but after so many rejections I didn't think we were going to go anywhere.

I was starting to lose hope, this coming from an optimist, was very sad and kind of depressing to think about.

"Is that why you're upset? Autumn you were always the one--"

"Stop Skyler, we're not going to get signed, and we're not going to do anything with this band. It just took me forever to realize this"

"Autumn, stop talking that way, you were the one that made us believe we could achieve anything. Don't give up!"

I wiped my face, "I lied. I was blinded, "

"Don't give up," Liam spoke up.

I rolled over and sighed. I had to face facts. If this wasn't going to work out, I'd need a back-up plan and I guess that's where my studies come in. Yes, I'm in college and I want to be a writer. But I'd give it all up to be in a band and have the time on my life on the road.

After trying to psych myself up, reality overshadowed every possibility my head tried to make up. So instead of trying to keep of the impossible, I started reading one of my English literature book. I was losing hope and I needed something to keep my head up high.

Then it hit me. I shouldn't think that way. I was the optimist. After all, this was just a moment of weakness.

But then again, there are just so many rejections I could take and this was huge, because it was a large record company. I sighed, there was still hope left, that maybe I could do something more to get us on the map.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
Hope you enjoy.
I've always wanted to write with Alyssa.
This going to be fun!