Another Memory

Four

Alison’s P.O.V.:

“Mikey, who are all these people?” I’d finally managed to get Mikey alone for long enough to talk.

“I’m not sure, to be honest. Frank invited most of them.”

“Ohh…” I was hoping to get the chance to meet a few more people from school, but I’d yet to see anyone I recognised apart from Mikey, Frank, and their girlfriends, who still wouldn’t talk to me as they talked to one another.

I couldn’t get my mind off of his brother. He was still in his room in the basement I assumed, as I’d yet to have seen him make an appearance. Surely, he’d know a few of the people here tonight. A part of me wanted to go down and talk with him a little more, thinking in part that he might be a little alone. I looked around me and knew how he felt if that was the case. I couldn’t see anyone I recognised, let alone knew, as Mikey had run off somewhere yet again. Even then, it’s not as if we were the best of friends. I knew I was hard to get close to in any sense and that if our friendship was lacking anything, it was on my behalf.

I knew I shouldn’t have, but I needed to loosen up a little. I grabbed for the first cup of unknown substances I saw on the kitchen counter and took it with me as I sat back down beside Mikey who I’d finally found again earlier, trying my hardest to keep up with the conversation. It took a while but when I realised there was something not right about the way I could barely keep myself upright, I put the drink straight down and headed to the bathroom. I didn’t quite make it before I tripped over my own feet and sat leaning against the wall at the end of the hallway, the music much easier on my head down that end. Someone was coming towards me, but I couldn’t quite make out their face. I panicked as they grabbed at my arm and forced me into the bathroom, sitting me down on what I assumed must have been the side of the bathtub. The damp towel they placed on my forehead calmed me down a little, however. Water drizzled down my chin as they attempted to make me drink. I felt as my eyes closed for longer periods of time and the feeling of the cold towel disappeared as I went a little numb before finally, I felt nothing at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you CiaraLouiseElizabeth for commenting :)